CFZ Cooper Rush is a bus driver

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You must be a 12 year year old if you believe that. We currently rank 23rd in offense that’s not going to get it done. The winning is going to stop once we get to the Rams and Philly if we don’t start generating more offense.

I do agree with this, with as good as the defense has played, the offense can't keep relying too much on defense to always be able to hold teams under 20 points. They still need to find a way to get at least a couple of more TDs on the board throughout the second half, when going against better offenses.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not a Dak guy or Romo guy but was a Aikman guy.
Rush is literally JAG, good backup Qb. Take the win, the offense and team are keeping things simple with Rush.
To me the real difference with the team is the defense and the fact that our rookie LT is playing out of his mind.

Problem is a jag can get similar results to our 40 million dollar QB.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You must be a 12 year year old if you believe that. We currently rank 23rd in offense that’s not going to get it done. The winning is going to stop once we get to the Rams and Philly if we don’t start generating more offense.

Well you aren't completely wrong here. This offense won't cut it against the top teams. But as of now it has been enough. And that's what counts.

The reason for this thread has been the versatility of the offense. The rungame, while still not top notch, is back on it's feet, the o line is getting better every game and Rush really does have some rhythm going on. What I mean is, maybe they'll find ways to get just that, more offense like you call it.

And as much as the Dak lovers annoy me, I do know that he's better than Cooper overall and can elevate the offense even more (he has to get his attitude straightened out though, wipe his stupid staring in the headlights look of his face and get his rungame going again).

But for NOW we have the right man at the helm and that is just a great feeling for me as fan. Despite that really bad first half on offense that game was a lot of fun to watch. Maybe because I didn't expect a 40 mill performance from the guy at center. Heck if we beat the Commanders 14-10 I'd be a happy camper. :)

visionary

Reaction score
True but he also has Cooper Kupp who’s a big play waiting to happen. He gets more YAC yards than anyone. Plus they have Aaron Donald on the other side of the football who can frazzle any QB. I think the Rams game will put an end to the love affair some fans have with Cooper Rush. His shortcomings will become evident in that game. We can’t bank on having our defense hold opponents to one or two TDs a week.

we’ll see, too many scenarios

easiest is that Rush fails against Rams and Dak starts and plays well against Philly but if Rush plays well against Rams, then what? What if you start Dak and he plays poorly against Philly ?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
we’ll see, too many scenarios

easiest is that Rush fails against Rams and Dak starts and plays well against Philly but if Rush plays well against Rams, then what? What if you start Dak and he plays poorly against Philly ?

If Cooper Rush plays well against the Rams and we win you stay with him. Assuming we beat Washington that would make him 4-0 with 2 wins over last season’s Super Bowl teams. When Troy Aikman was ready to return from an injury in 1991 Jimmy Johnson refused to bench Steve Beuerlein until he faltered in the playoffs against Detroit. You have to stick with the hot hand. We can’t bench Rush until he loses or it will put too much pressure on Dak. If we bench Rush when he’s winning and Dak doesn’t play well when he returns leading to a loss the fan base will go crazy!

dckid

Reaction score
Which brings me back to everyone of my posts about Dak. You should never pay an average QB, and you cannot overpay a franchise guy.
Brady, Rogers, Mahomes, Lamar, these guys always make you look good.
The thing about Dak is he is just like Romo. Good stats in a pass happy era, neither of them win when it matters. They are good enough to win 7-9 games, which is why Jerry loves them. They beat the bad teams, break even with average teams and always lose to the real contenders.
Jerry loves this as he only wants to be good enough to be in the spotlight. He never wants to go 3-14 as he loses the eyeballs and interest.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
At first, the smile irritated me, but then I realized that's just his way of shaking it off. I prefer that to letting it get in his head.
Probably just me not understanding him.
He showed up after that. I noticed on a replay his eyes looked back as the ball was near his arms, so I honestly don't think he was ready.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Probably just me not understanding him.
He showed up after that. I noticed on a replay his eyes looked back as the ball was near his arms, so I honestly don't think he was ready.
Oh, that was an inexcusable drop. The ball was right where it should've been, so I don't know why he wouldn't be expecting it.

conner01

Reaction score
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.
He’s been driving the bus really well and that’s his job

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When the OC makes it easier for him, yes. Our starter isn't the greatest in the league, but so far, he's still better than the backup.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
I’ll take the bus driver that throw dimes over the bus driver that throws 4 yards behind the receivers

I'll take the bus driver (Rush) who drives the Greyhound bus instead of the bus driver (Dak) who has trouble driving the school bus....:grin:

IceBowler

Reaction score
Rush is driving the bus and managing games but we’re going to need more than that as the season goes on. We’re simply not generating enough offense and it will catch up with us against better teams and better QBs.

Take a little issue with your, "against better QBs" statement. No QB is good when he's being mauled by an aggressive defense.