CFZ Cooper Rush is a bus driver

Acceptablename

Reaction score
The bus ran over a Bengal and Giant. Was he a bus driver on the 4th down plays vs Cinn and NY? No matter how you cut it QB will be put in positions where they must step up and make plays, you can't hide the QB position.
I have come to accept delusions re more common then I realize.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Last week there was a post with a quote that something like 33% of the time Dak audiables put of the run game

I addition to this . . . if you are able to go back and read my posts . . you will see why I believe the Zone is so effective with Dak and why after His injury He would be limited. . . It wasn't just the "Denver Defense" its the Fact that He was no longer able to run and or scramble. . . . which opened up holes in the defense "School Yard Style" . . .

All Kellen could do was create "Trick Plays" to some how generate Offense. . . which everyone Hates & I am sure Kellen Hates as well

This is not an indictment on Kellen . . . Its proof positive Dak is no longer capable of producing . . . The man had a horrendous injury . . . Had a great statistical season in his return . . . But He had weapons galore and after he stopped scrambling. . . He no longer had anythingore to offer
Oh I have no doubt that Dak is at the very least partially responsible for abandoning the run, and I'm not knocking Moore. I think there is pressure on him when Dak is in the game to throw it more. I agree with everything you wrote here. I still say though, that having to gameplan around Rush, and realizing that you have a QB that isn't going to run around and make plays with his legs, has forced Kellen to get away from running a more pass-happy scheme. Rush's ability to get the ball out quickly has changed the way the offensive line looks as well. 1 sack in 2 games. We've gotten back to the balanced attack that this team was built for and I for one love it.

starfan1

Reaction score
Its not Naive . . if Dak comes back and performs so be it . . . But the last 2 times Dak stepped on the field He wasn't the only trash out there . . .The fans have spoken. you must be the Naive one. How many of those 14 penalties did dak do? Do you think Jerry give a bunk what the fans think> Theyll continue to but the gear thats all jerry thinks about

And if truth be told . . . is it not Naive to believe Dak rushing back from wrist surgery will allow Him to improve on His last 2 performances. Im not a fan of rushing back I just know when hes ready (according to doctors) Hes the gonna play

Who is being Naive? obviously you if you think its going to happen with the information we have now.

The fans were throwing trash at him when they thought they had nothing . . . There were serious talks about tanking for a high draft choice Dak deserved the critism even though throwing trash is classless. And I can assure not one person in cowboy front office or player considered tanking. A bunch of fans overacting on Monday after the tampa game isnt a case for tanking

Rush has been a revelation . . . He shows great command of the offense Yes he does have a good command of the offense at the moment. I think we have won because of the defense in both cases but Im interested to see what the future brings. Dak had the number 1 offense I think that shows command

If Dak doesn't perform in His Return (and He won't)

The all I can say is Ob-La-Di . . . Ob-La-Da . . . Life goes on

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.

That is EXACTLY what Rush is. A bus driver.

lukin2006

Reaction score
It would be just a fair game for a 7 year veteran that allegedly top 10 talent….of course we would have to add on 55 more yards and 1 more TD because Daks throw to CeeDee would have been more accurate. :rolleyes:
Maybe that’s why Lamb dropped the pass. He’s more a custom to having to catch the pass behind his head. He was probably shocked that the pass hit him perfectly in stride..

offlimits

Reaction score
... and that's exactly what this team needs. tl:dr version: with Rush they have found a different way of utilizing their strengths.

Rush is a humble "do your job and go home" guy who knows his place, takes his guys from A to B and has their trust to do so. They couldn't rely on their starter and so had to find different ways of getting it done.

I see the improvement of the o line as a big factor and want to see what Dak can do behind them playing so well. But as of now Rush just steps on the field 100% focused, reads defenses well and seems to have found the mobility to be a real threat downfield. How could he connect with his receivers so fast? How does he put Brown into play so well?

I remembered Tony saying last year during that first 6 game stretch that Dak was in control of his offense. Now that's exactly how I see how it is with Rush now. They aren't putting a huge number of points on the boards. But what do wins with points in the low 20s tell us? They keep a low profile so to speak while utilizing their strengths without letting the opponent expose their weaknesses to much. Rush is in control of the huddle. Being variable is their strength, the Giants just couldn't know, how they're gonna play it.

We aren't an offensive powerhouse anymore, but they probably don't have to be with a defense that good. They have beaten a contender (well, are they now?) and a division rival on fire with their backup QB. And that means one thing: they trust their bus driver. Let's just hope the leagues defensive coordinators won't figure them out too fast. Rams will be the next real test.

Somewhat agree with your premise but you are spot on with a couple of your points. Cooper will not take chances for the sake of taking a chance. His ability to read and process coverage quickly is remarkable. I am curious how many audibles he calls. Cooper does not appear to be rattled when facing a blitz and up to this point, I have not seen him make a panic throw. Calm and composed in the pocket... because he is good at reading pre-snaps. High IQ. Not turning the ball over usually keeps you in the game. Bus driver? Perhaps... but bus drivers usually get you to your destination.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Rush is driving the Madden cruiser....

Dak is driving the short bus....

Not much left to explain...:popcorn:

offlimits

Reaction score
I loved how Rush played but come on if you've ever played a down of football in your life you would have cringed like I did every time he threw those soft wobbly floaters into coverage. Dak is the better qb by a country mile.

He threw one of those "soft floaters" to our #1 receiver that he dropped. Explain how Dak is "better". I'll wait.

cowboybish

Reaction score
It would be just a fair game for a 7 year veteran that allegedly top 10 talent….of course we would have to add on 55 more yards and 1 more TD because Daks throw to CeeDee would have been more accurate. :rolleyes:

Come on, Brady puts up 215 yards and nobody says anything.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Dak crashes that same bus

52388919140_0fa422f7cf_o.jpg