Signed by Cowboys Cooper Rush returns to Cowboys

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care all that much either, to be honest. If he falls from top 10 to the 11-15 range, whatever. He's the best we've got right now.

I'd LOVE to upgrade from Dak and have an elite QB, but that's easier said than done. I just can't stand the crybabies whining about how we need to toss him in the trash as if Mahomeses and Josh Allens grow on trees.

Look what the Browns gave up for Deshaun Watson and what they're paying him, and he played like a complete bum last year. A guy who all the Dak haters were 100% sure was MUCH better than Dak before last year.

There are teams who have cycled through QB after QB after QB and haven't found one as good as Dak in 20+ years.
Yeah I get that. And the Watson contract was one of the stupidest things I’ve seen in the NFL from one of its teams.

conner01

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Called this just yesterday. Grier and draft pick might take his spot.

The over reaction to this signing is hilarious. Not many teams will be successful in January with their backup.
They won’t take his spot because of the guarantee but it sure won’t create an issue drafting a guy to develop

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah I get that. And the Watson contract was one of the stupidest things I’ve seen in the NFL from one of its teams.
It’s probably the only one you are gonna see like that in a very long time. It was just stupid and it creates a situation that the nfl has worked hard to prevent. The league wants competitive balance and not every team could even make a deal like watsons
There are several teams that simply don’t have a quarter billion sitting around to put in escrow

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s probably the only one you are gonna see like that in a very long time. It was just stupid and it creates a situation that the nfl has worked hard to prevent. The league wants competitive balance and not every team could even make a deal like watsons
There are several teams that simply don’t have a quarter billion sitting around to put in escrow
I can’t really get why they made the offer other than a big ** to the league. It seems like something Snyder would do but I don’t get why Cleveland would do that contract.

conner01

Reaction score
I can’t really get why they made the offer other than a big ** to the league. It seems like something Snyder would do but I don’t get why Cleveland would do that contract.
I agree but as Snyder is learning you don’t mess with billionaires money
He’s likely already on thin ice. The other owners were livid about the deal. Billionaires don’t like having that much money tied up for years
Just economically it’s stupid
You could have structured it where the guarantee portion kicks in each year in a manner that wouldn’t have made you put that much money up for so long
Some teams couldn’t make that deal if they wanted to. They just don’t have that much cash to escrow

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How many people on here thought he would get this BIG deal to compete as someone's starter?
One-read patterns and the ability to hand the ball off and to rely on a defense getting ten sacks a game does not equal franchise quarterback, I guess.
Rush's value is probably highest with us. Or with Kellen Moore. Been here almost as long as Dak. Knows the team, players, and coaches.

Good deal for us. 2.5mil for a backup QB who can run the offense.

Motorola

Reaction score
Teams with question marks at qb, startering and backup, didn't come calling.

I hope I don't see another thread this season about rush vs dak.
If Rush is on the roster week 1 in September - YOU WILL

Beaker42

Reaction score
What do you have against Rush?
Just tired of him always getting a roster spot for no apparent reason other than "he knows the offense". He got worse with each succeeding game during his stint in Dak's absence. He has no velocity on his throws and is a total slug in the pocket. We could do much better at back-up QB.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
In his starts last season, he never passed for more than 236 yards.
His talent is extremely limited, BUT
  • it‘s no small thing that his teammates believe they still have a chance if he enters the game.
  • With the offense and philosophy Mike is bringing, Rush probably is a better fit as backup now than before.

RonWashington

Reaction score
5-1 as a relief pitcher . Yes I m glad he’s back . It creates the leverage in the draft to go with other positions and get an UDFA project as PS . The man kept the ship floating after the opening night disaster against Tampa .

b0xZZ

Reaction score
That's good news. Now I'd like to see them draft a true developmental QB. No more DiNucci's, spend a mid round draft pick and get someone with some potential.
Spend a second and get Hendon Hooker!!