Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter

blueblood70

Reaction score
should of would of blah blah blah..we won on a 5 game win streak 2 game lead in the division and we are still complaining? get over it.. Dak made amends hes not perfect but hes finding a way as third year 4th round pick, im sure he has room to grow..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The level of whining has reached DEFCON 1 and it's awesome, lmao. I mean, it's one thing to be amazed by "fans" who post like they're pissed off when we win a game, but the goalpost moving is epic. My point: I'd rather the offense struggle a little, but in the end win the game than to have a QB who has to throw for 500 yards to overcome everything and then crap the bed and lose the game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.
I'm glad you aren't the guy deciding which QB plays because we would have been cheated out a special performance by Dak in the 4th qtr and OT. And we most likey lose the game.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Dak is hitting 26% of his deep passes which is league average. You're a puppet to the media.
True, since I don't watch anything football related until the Cowboys game starts the media has made me a puppet. And 6 yard passes aren't deep passes. If you say Dak is average that's not good since most of the current QBs are average or close to it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
True, since I don't watch anything football related until the Cowboys game starts the media has made me a puppet. And 6 yard passes aren't deep passes. If you say Dak is average that's not good since most of the current QBs are average or close to it.
Try watching the game. Dak throws further than 6 yards. Research more as well.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The level of whining has reached DEFCON 1 and it's awesome, lmao. I mean, it's one thing to be amazed by "fans" who post like they're pissed off when we win a game, but the goalpost moving is epic. My point: I'd rather the offense struggle a little, but in the end win the game than to have a QB who has to throw for 500 yards to overcome everything and then crap the bed and lose the game.

I love it. These people are so against Dak, they don't know what to do with themselves. So they create dumb threads like these to make themselves feel better. Is Cooper Rush throwing 3TDs to win a game in the 4th and OT? Lmao.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I said it in another thread but it applies to this one as well.

He is so frustrating with his Bi-Polar playing.

Sometimes he makes great plays at the ends of games to almost will us to a win but usually that is only after he has made terrible plays prior to that which put us in a situation where we could easily lose.

I think this and the saints game we lost the turn over ration and still managed to win. That does not happen too often. It is not unheard of but still not the way you want to do it.

One minute you are screaming at him to get rid of the bleeping ball before he takes a sack fumble.

The next minute you are cheering after he makes a great move or run to gain a first down or avoid a sack. Or he makes a great throw.

I admit at one point I was so aggravated that I too said to myself, why not give the backup a chance...only for Dak to pull the 4th quarter and OT heroics.

Its hard to hate a player like him, it's also hard to love a player like him. Makes so many mistakes, bad throws, fumbles, turnovers to get you so angry only to go down and win the game when it gets to the nitty gritty.

Yet you still have fans that LOVE him and HATE him.

That type of thing can be so crazy and it is no wonder why there is such a division on Dak among the fans.

Havent Cowboy fans been saying that since Danny White? Said the same thing about Aikman until he turned the Corner in 92. Same thing with Romo, made great plays his whole career, but there were games were he just made stupid play after stupid play. But each one was very smart and just refused to lose.

Vandyr

Reaction score
I love it. These people are so against Dak, they don't know what to do with themselves. So they create dumb threads like these to make themselves feel better. Is Cooper Rush throwing 3TDs to win a game in the 4th and OT? Lmao.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
For three quarters, my section at the stadium was just shaking our heads in disgust and frustration.

Amari Cooper was wide open the entire football game. I mean WIDE OPEN all damn game long. He could have had 500 yards receiving by the end of the 3rd quarter. Even he was visibly frustrated at the lack of throws his way. The Philadelphia secondary is just putrid. They couldn't cover me.

Cooper Rush should have played the 4th quarter because this game should have been 35-3 by then. Dallas had all the possession, and the defense had the Philly offense tied in knots. Wentz looked bad, they couldn't run, first downs were incredibly hard to come by, and their defensive backfield was a makeshift band of gypsies.

It took a 62-yard field goal after a horribly mismanaged late drive in the half to be up a lousy 6-0. You have to try really, really hard not to be up three touchdowns in that game by halftime.

Dak throws a bad interception, followed by a an even worse interception, followed by a brainless fumble, followed by missed opportunity after missed opportunity....and suddenly, this thing is 9-9 only by the luck of a missed extra point.

"How is this possible?" we all stared at each other. "We should be in our cars headed home already."

Then, Dak drops a beautifully thrown ball to Cooper in the end zone, and it's back on track for the moment. However, he misses Gallup on two easy touchdowns running past the Eagles' jokesters for corners. He misses on a throw to Cooper, who fortunately adjusted on the ball for a 75-yard score as whoever "Bausby" is runs out of bounds. LOL, good corner you've got there, Philly!

Finally, after a nice drive in overtime, ping, pong, the game is over. Lucky touchdown, but the proper end to a nutty game. The Cowboys now have the awful NFC East pretty much on lockdown.

This game summed up Dak perfectly. Horrific interceptions, missed opportunities, bad fumbles, a few tremendous catches by receivers, and a few really well-thrown balls against a practice-squad combination of off-the-street defensive backs in a wild and woolly game. That's who we is.

My lone thought after that crazy game.....this is a Super Bowl roster that will have to drag this guy as far as they can take him.

Can a bus driver take a Ferrari to a Super Bowl this season? We'll see.

I'll do my best to answer your last question Eroid. Yes. Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Joe Flacco, Jim McMahon and Neil O'Donnell have all driven the bus to the SB. Heck, R Wilson was called a bus driver when he drove to the SB the first time. So yeppers, there is precedence for that. Now the question is do we have defense equal to the ones that helped Dilfer, Johnson, Flacco, McMahon and O'Donnell propel the bus to the SB. In each of those cases the QB was the driver, the defense was the fuel. Does that answer your question?

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I was pretty disgusted by Dak’s first 3 quarters of play too. But thank goodness he was in there for the 4th quarter and OT. Any write-up that doesn’t acknowledge that fact tells only half the story.
Actually tells 3/4th of the story because the 1st 3 quarters count equally.

Give me a QB who has lousy 4th quarter stats because he was great quarters 1-3 any day and twice on Sunday.