Corners Confront Wade About Coverage

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
From Another Site....And From A Bengal Fan...And God I hope it's true!

"I was listening to the radio and they had Allan Ball on. He was talking about how hard it is to break into the lineup in Dallas.

He said that all the corners went to the coaching staff and expressed their desire to play more man to man.

Ball says that Wade just doesn't want to get beat deep. But does realize that he has the talent at CB to play man to man this year.

He said the corners are taking it personal as they believe the coaching staff doesn't have faith in them.

He said even the D-line is hoping for a change. They don't like that teams are able to sustain such long drives due to Wade's bend don't break defense.

T.O is expected to get more deep plays per his request. He said that the WR's are worried because they believe that the Jerry has begun to look out of house for a #2 WR. Allan said that the WR's have been busting their butts in practice in an effort to show Jerry that he has all the talent he needs in house.

He also said that Felix has almost doubled his snaps since last week and that we should all expect to see MUCH more from him."

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
blah blah blah............i hear it....but until i see it......its just more political rhetoric.....its like listening to presidential debates.......they say it to get elected.....but never actually do it when they do get elected.

Wade..............SHOW ME THE FLIPPIN MONEY...SHOW ME THE QUAN (KWAN?)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Either way, we're getting beaten deep. All you do is put Safety help over the top of the best receivers, and let the others do what they do.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2303126 said:
link or it isn't true.

is there anything really worth lying about?

Nothing there should be surprising to anyone.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2303134 said:
is there anything really worth lying about?

Nothing there should be surprising to anyone.

nope. But I'd rather see some proof before I believe this.

iCowboy

Reaction score
i dunno bout playing so much man... with newman fallin all over the damn field and gettin caught with his head up his *** on another touchdown and Henry gettin beat by faster recievers.. maybe they should play zone with about 7 DBs on the field.. so they wont wanna pass it 2 anybody.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iCowboy;2303137 said:
i dunno bout playing so much man... with newman fallin all over the damn field and gettin caught with his head up his *** on another touchdown and Henry gettin beat by faster recievers.. maybe they should play zone with about 7 DBs on the field.. so they wont wanna pass it 2 anybody.

jimmy40

Reaction score
DandyDon1722;2303125 said:

"I was listening to the radio and they had Allan Ball on. He was talking about how hard it is to break into the lineup in Dallas.

He said that all the corners went to the coaching staff and expressed their desire to play more man to man.

Ball says that Wade just doesn't want to get beat deep. But does realize that he has the talent at CB to play man to man this year.

He said the corners are taking it personal as they believe the coaching staff doesn't have faith in them.

He said even the D-line is hoping for a change. They don't like that teams are able to sustain such long drives due to Wade's bend don't break defense.

T.O is expected to get more deep plays per his request. He said that the WR's are worried because they believe that the Jerry has begun to look out of house for a #2 WR. Allan said that the WR's have been busting their butts in practice in an effort to show Jerry that he has all the talent he needs in house.

He also said that Felix has almost doubled his snaps since last week and that we should all expect to see MUCH more from him."

When the players start running the team............

Bryan8284

Reaction score

Why would a Bengals fan want this to be true?

Playing man should make the defense better. Some bumps on the line messes up timing routes (slants, hooks) and gives the defense an extra second. So often Ware is an instant too late to get the sack. A bump gets him that time.

Even if they don't bump, still allows tighter coverage.

Adam Jones was one of the best man corners in Tenn 2 years ago.

Newman has the speed and blanketing ability to play man.

Henry was brought in to blanket big receivers. You don't sit a big corner in zone and hope he can break on balls. He isn't too fast.

Jenkins and Scandrick will learn trial by fire style if you make them man their guys. It can only help them by making them do it now and then.

Hamlin can break more often if he doesn't have to shade towards a side of the field. Watkins might be able to look normal, or Brown.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Well I hope it's not true...and would think we have a coaching staff that could recognize any deficiency and correct it without players 'confronting' them.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Nate Newton mentioned on the Talking Cowboys show here in SA, that Newman was very upset and frustrated about the lack of man to man coverage and took his concerns to Stewart.

He didn't say if anything was changing though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Its not about whether we run man to man or Zone with me. Its about not lining up 8 yards off the receiver.

You have to run zone and you have to run man.

But our zone coverage would be 10 X more effective if we just didn't LET the other teams guys have chunks of yards.

Aven8

Reaction score

Can you say Roy Williams??? Keep busting your butts......it's your freakin job!!!!!!

landryscorner

Reaction score

???????? We are getting beat deep already!!! Does it matter, dam

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'd like to see us play more man but I don't like that it might happen because the players are basically complaining to the coaches in an effort to get things their way. That could set a really bad situation up here if things like that are allowed to happen.