Could be wild week in Jerry World

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Uh they do this all the time.

Can you name me some? Recent? I mean good players that were cut by a team then re-signed with the same team a year later, and not somebody signed just so they could retire the next day as a member of that team.

Not saying there aren't some, I just don't remember any.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look Romo's not coming back but Dak was about as responsible for 13-3 as Terrance Williams, It was all Zeke and the O-line. Peyton Manning had a fused neck, came back went to two SB's at 39-40. 36-41 years old are the best years for QB's "mentally". This line and Zeke were brought here for Romo, Dak was drafted to back him up. They got a little too cute and you see that result every Sunday.

They want "Dak" ...done deal!!! They don't care we have the WORST passing game in the NFL they want DAK!!!!
They don't care if we have pass over 20 yards once in a blue moon they want DAK!!!!
They don't care he is one of the worst passers if not the worse in the NFL they want DAK!!!
They wan't Zeke to burn out in a a couple of seasons and get more OFFLineman they want DAK!!!
They are not Cowboy fans they are DAKBOTS!!!!!!
If Romo came back with Dez along with Zeke man now we're talking offense baby!!!!
Stop us if you can Mr. Defense Coordinator...if you can baby...

birdwells1

Reaction score
Can you name me some? Recent? I mean good players that were cut by a team then re-signed with the same team a year later, and not somebody signed just so they could retire the next day as a member of that team.

You're right I guess it doesn't happen to good players.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Lets get this done immediately if true.. Romo should have never ever been treated like he was. He should have been given another opportunity to take over the team while Dak learned from him. I love Dak but Romo coming back he would light that offense. Now we would have a Superbowl calibre team.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Dez is not the Dez of 2012-14. Would he be the best receiver on the team if he came back?

Probably, but not by much. He's not going to put Dallas "over the top" to a SB title, Cowboys should develop who they have now, and draft a stud WR next year, if they think the receivers they have now can't cut it.

And it's funny how people don't want to re-sign Beasley because "he's almost 30", when Dez will be 30 in a month and that doesn't seem to be a problem...

Almost everyone states Dez's age in his being released from the team. Matter of fact I didnt know Beasley's age until you just posted it.

The reason I think Dez can still be effective is because or the QBs he's had since 2015. His stats fell when the qb play fell.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't really take this particular scoop seriously...and I don't...but this podcast is generally more on the mark with inside news than any other local one.
I am not a listener so I will take your word on the podcast's previous credibility. In my opinion, Bryant may be a very remote, farfetched possibility. Romo? That I am waiting to see how hard I will be laughing about eventually.

DFWJC

Reaction score
920x920.jpg

This is the most recent photo I could find...about 3 months ago. He won back-to-back tourneys and donated his winnings to charity is all I know about it. Anyway, he looked fairly fit.

Fwiw, I suspect he'll be broadcasting, hanging with his family, and golfing......not playing football.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Annnd were going to give a 1st, 5th and next year second for ET!!! ROFL

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It takes some big ones to report something so seemingly far fetched if remaining credible is part of the plan.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
The announcer job will always be available. He's done such a good job with it that one of the networks would make room for him. Maybe give him Witten's spot...he's awful.

I don't really buy into this concept that Romo is signing in a few weeks, but I've always thought in the back of my mind that he's our backup QB option if needed.

And CBS would stand to gain a ton off of it, so there would be no fear that Romo would lose his announcing gig. They'd replace him for the rest of the season and then kick their feet up and soak up all the "CBS broadcaster steps out of booth to QB Cowboys" headlines.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I can’t find this anywhere. If it were said it’d be all over the internet. Send a link to the podcast.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tony Romo is 100% healthy. The amount of tourque on the spine and low back is intense to swing a golf club 105-110mph and Golf is much tougher on the back then Football. Romo has been playing well and pain free for over a year, shot 72 last week.

Romo said Wednesday his physical health wouldn't preclude him.

"I played much more hurt back in '13 and '14 probably than I would be now," Romo told 105.3 The Fan on the Ben and Skin Show. "But that's just - you find a routine and stuff in life that you figure out and kind of get going.

"I mean, yeah, I'm healthy enough. That wouldn't be the issue at all I don't think. That would be the least of my thoughts when it came to a decision like that obviously."

Romo might be back for week 6 for $18 Million
As expected, @PAPPYDOG likes this comment. LOL

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It takes some big ones to report something so seemingly far fetched if remaining credible is part of the plan.

And that’s what I truly hope happens if and when there’s not a shred of truth to this. Credibility should be out the window. People shouldn’t be allowed to make outlandish claims like this free of consequences.