Could be wild week in Jerry World

Zordon

Reaction score
I once jumped from the roof of one building (the Driskill) to another almost 25 years ago...
That was pretty crazy.
did something similar in college on garage roofs right by the driskill.

NotForLong

Reaction score
:laugh:

Living in denial. Dak was brought here to back up Romo until it was proven Romo couldn't stay healthy anymore. Year after year wasted on a QB that couldn't stay on the field. When Romo got hurt in 2016 I was angry because I thought oh great another wasted season. We saw what happened in 2015 when we had nothing backing Romo up. Dak was a surprise. I called him another Quincy Carter when we drafted him. I was wrong then. He was making plays. Nothing like Manning when he won his last SB. Manning couldn't do what Dak did his last year.Dak could move and make plays with his feet too. Can you picture Manning doing that?No matter what happens with Dak going forward ( and I have my doubts about him) keeping him as starter was 100% the right decision.
Because you were mad in 2015 because no backup. You believe keeping Dak in was right move:huh:

NotForLong

Reaction score
The one benefit of him coming back would be for the people living in denial and fantasy world to see first hand and reminded of why we never won anything with him.

Maybe they’ll finally shut up after that but doubtful, just more excuses.
Wow really really really love Dak dont you

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Because you were mad in 2015 because no backup. You believe keeping Dak in was right move:huh:
No I believe it was the right move because he was playing well and we were winning and Tony couldn't stay healthy. I was comparing it to 2015 because we had no QB. Yet some want us to believe that Dak had nothing to do with the winning streak. Yes Zeke and the Ol had a lot to do with it and so did Dak. This thread is getting very humorous now almost as great as the people hate Jerry because he's a billionaire thread. lol

NotForLong

Reaction score
Bingo.

The page has been turned on Romo as the Cowboys QB. Nothing against him. He was awesome. But he is not the future. And if Dak isn’t the future either, the Cowboys need to look forward, not backward.
Its just that Dak sucks so bad the bar is low. Romo could cone in week 10 and still out perform Dak statistically with the same personal. Rico would be great. Lol

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If Dak isn't the answer then the Cowboys need to move on to drafting a top prospect young QB. And not go back because if Romo came back then the team would still need to look for a young QB after he goes. Because even if he somehow made it through a whole season without getting hurt, he would only be able to play a handful of more seasons at the most,

Can't go back to Romo if it's going to delay this team trying to get a young QB for the future.

mmohican29

Reaction score
By bringing back Romo you are admitting that Dak has been a failure and Dak won't be assessed by Jerry Jones until the season is done anyway.

Dez went for a reason, poor performances including too many drops and I think he has lit too many fires with some of the current players.
Imo, Dak is not a failure no matter what.

He was a 4th Rd pick

He has a much better than .500 record as a starter

He took the team on a magical run in 2016

Has proven he is no worse than a top backup Qb in the league

He may not be the answer, but let's be real here. We've gotten more mileage out of Dak than anyone expected.

And to be fair to Dak: the other shoe hasn't dropped just yet.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Not if dak plays like he did last week
Dak was on point with outside passes, but you notice he struggled over the middle? Those outside passes won't always be there for him. It was refreshing though to see Dak have a good game with key throws, we may not get another like that for awhile again.

Verdict

Reaction score
Just finished listing to Podcast with KT and he is hearing whispers from Ben Rogers (who has been correct several times & has good sources) that following might transpire in next week or so:

1. Tony Romo & Dez Bryant might be signed. Dallas currently has $18 million in available cap space.
2. Current league rules on QB would heavily favor Romo return.
3. Dez Bryant continues to insist with Mike Fisher that he still sees himself as Dallas Cowboy.

Buckle in. The internet will break if this goes down.

I would love to see Romo return, but I am afraid you have been sucked in. And by the way, Dez absolutely sucks.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Just finished listing to Podcast with KT and he is hearing whispers from Ben Rogers (who has been correct several times & has good sources) that following might transpire in next week or so:

1. Tony Romo & Dez Bryant might be signed. Dallas currently has $18 million in available cap space.
3. Dez Bryant continues to insist with Mike Fisher that he still sees himself as Dallas Cowboy.

DAL has less than 12m in cap space

aria

Reaction score
Wow really really really love Dak dont you
Nope, not at all, but I’m also not in love nor obsessed with a retired quarterback that won two playoff games and lost twice as many.

Don’t bother with the excuses, we’ve all heard them 1,000 times. We know, none of the losses were his fault.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Careful. Those fact-bricks can hurt people around here. :)

The reality is that Romo haters are immune to the facts. Their narratives have formed into concrete at this point.

Most normal people would know enough to see that they are completely schooled and maybe educate themselves out of sheer shame. But these aren’t sensible folk we are talking about.

Honestly T - I just don't have it in me anymore.

The mindset is simply stunning and I try not to be mean or sarcastic, I'm not even built that way, but it just comes out of me. I need a time out.

Good post about the running game by the way. Very interesting stuff.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

And then you woke up.

mardwin

Reaction score
Romo is the best analyst in football, why waste his talent playing for a mediocre football coach? Oh yeah, he already has.

plymkr

Reaction score
I would literally have tears of joy if Romo came back.