Could be wild week in Jerry World

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ha...Romo comes back and my interest in the Cowboys probably goes back to Through the Roof. Good point, under today's QB rules Romo probably plays till he's 45!! even though we will never see this it's great to think about. Thx for the hope...

The rules only protect the quarterback while he's in the pocket, against defense hitting them in the head, etc.

But the chances of Tony not running at all are zero, they protect the quarterback but they don't eliminate getting hit AT ALL. I just don't see, based on his history, that Tony could take a big hit, or not more than a couple, and besides, since when have the refs protected Tony? Rothlisburger and Brady get grazed by a finger on their helmet and it's roughing the passer. Tony gets blasted in the ribs and the ref turns away...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Romo isn't coming back. Romo had to deal with horrific Olines and that's the only reason he got injured. He was won of the toughest QB's in the league.

He played with bruised ribs, concussions etc....but continued trying to make a play happen. When a player gets hit as many times as Romo has, it's an insult saying he was injury prone.

Aikman wouldn't of lasted one month with some of these Olines the Cowboys have had during Romo's tenure. Neither would the other 10 qb's we had between Aikman & Romo.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Exactly. Let's light this candle, Romo immediately makes this team extremely dangerous. Zeke on the ground and Romo through the air...Unstopable!
LOL...until an elimination comes up and the offense stinks. The narrative will then change to the defense sucks and Romo was never given a chance to succeed.

Second verse, same as the first.

Little Jr

Reaction score
People look and talk about Romo like they do Dez as it's still 2014. Lol that's the last full season we saw Romo healthy enough to finish the season. He wasn't great in the 4 games he played in 2015 and besides one drive in 2016, that was the last time we saw him, 3 years ago. Lol and like I said in another comment, he hasn't played in 2 full seasons and actually 2.5 now. And 1.5 seasons he did nothing football related and we have people who think he immediately improves this offense and some think we become a SB contender. Lmao. For 10 years I defended Romo and had very little help doing it. In fact, most of the time I was defending him against other Cowboy fans. Now, some how he's a LEGEND. Lol

CowboysRule

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see this happen, I see no chance. I'm not part of the camp that think Romo will get hurt the first time he takes a hit. That last back injury was just a freak hit that would've injured most people. The only way this would happen on the orginization's part is if they've decided Dak is not the answer and plan to take a QB high in the upcoming draft. From Romo's perspective, the only way I see him coming back is if he still has that desire to play football. He has an easy job announcing now as well as free time to play golf and spend time with his family.

Again, I'd love to see it, but I don't see it happening.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
People look and talk about Romo like they do Dez as it's still 2014. Lol that's the last full season we saw Romo healthy enough to finish the season. He wasn't great in the 4 games he played in 2015 and besides one drive in 2016, that was the last time we saw him, 3 years ago. Lol and like I said in another comment, he hasn't played in 2 full seasons and actually 2.5 now. And 1.5 seasons he did nothing football related and we have people who think he immediately improves this offense and some think we become a SB contender. Lmao. For 10 years I defended Romo and had very little help doing it. In fact, most of the time I was defending him against other Cowboy fans. Now, some how he's a LEGEND. Lol
Yeah, he hadn't played football for a season and a half, comes back in and immediately led the only TD drive in that entire game and made it look easy.

Verdict

Reaction score
For the sake of not having this turn into a dak vs Romo thread I'm going to pass on that discussion.

I will reiterate though that Romo has not played, practiced or taken a hit in 2 years and it would be less than extremely unlikely he would have any type of success

I don't think it would be unlikely that he would have success, but it is unlikely he is going to return to the Cowboys as a player.

Verdict

Reaction score
Romo plays golf recreationally. That’s as bad on your body as it gets without physical contact. I think his body could take half a season of football. Better than his knowledge and insight being wasted on Vikings-bills games. 0.1 chance of happening.

Dez needs to be brought back

Why does Dez need to be brought back? LOL. He did nothing for 3 full years. Do you think he is suddenly going to play well? Has he undergone a head transplant and we missed it?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Why does Dez need to be brought back? LOL. He did nothing for 3 full years. Do you think he is suddenly going to play well? Has he undergone a head transplant and we missed it?
He’s been our most productive wr the last three years minus injury. I live in reality.

khiladi

Reaction score
Tony is 38 years old. Zeke is 23. Gallup is 22. Swaim, Schultz and Jarwin are 25, 22 and 24 years old. C. Williams is 21 (!), L. Collins 25, Martin and T. Smith are 27.

Yes Tony, if he stayed on the field, would be an instant upgrade at quarterback. But for how long? If what you want is instant, short term success, then if he came back and played, you'd get your wish.

But then after a year or two, just due to age, he'd retire and then you'd have a team that would have to start over with another quarterback, probably a rookie. (Dak isn't going to sit around for a year or two after being the starter, so he wouldn't be an option). White? Maybe, if he wants to ride the bench for a couple of years, and he's unproven.

So the question for Jerry would be does he just want one more SB win and then to re-build? Or does he want to aim for a Patriots-type team one that's in the conversation for titles year after year?

That’s why benching Romo was stupid, because it was a short-term window to play for the prize, whether successful or not. You play Romo for a couple of years, which was the plan anyways, draft a new QB, you still develop him like you would have done with Dak anyways since you have moved on from Dak.

And if you win the SB, that gives you a couple years of mediocrity before the fans anyways

It’s the Dak decision that in reality that set the team back. They played him with their best and most talented roster, which they won’t have again anyways for awhile and sacrificed the Super Bowl talent for a flash in the pan that is holding the team back.

The move is all the more ironic considering Jerry’s alleged infatuation with continuity nowadays. The reality is that only applies to Jason Garrett as HC.

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished listing to Podcast with KT and he is hearing whispers from Ben Rogers (who has been correct several times & has good sources) that following might transpire in next week or so:

1. Tony Romo & Dez Bryant might be signed. Dallas currently has $18 million in available cap space.
2. Current league rules on QB would heavily favor Romo return.
3. Dez Bryant continues to insist with Mike Fisher that he still sees himself as Dallas Cowboy.

Buckle in. The internet will break if this goes down.

They were doing a "bit" (i.e. Humor).

CowboysRule

Reaction score
The fact that you bring up one drive to somehow show its a good idea to bring him back tells me everything I need to know about your football IQ.
I just brought up his last drive to say he didn't have any problems returning to football after a long lay off. Look at what he has done in his career to see why it would be a good idea to bring him back.

khiladi

Reaction score
Lmao yes that ONE drive in a meaningless week 17 game means everything. Lol

You mean the one they spent close to a half trying to give Dak opportunities to score and he looked like a train wreck, particularly with the Eagles bringing the pressure. It was so meaningless that Dak was trying so hard with the pressure of looking good, with Romo behind him that he chucked up his typical what should have been INTs.

So meaningless was it that as soon as the Eagles saw Romo, they immediately respected it, unlike Dak and dropped their men back defensively. They dropped into cover 2 on the very first play on first and ten.

Oh yeah, and remember that was the game the reason Dak looks average was resting, because he was the real MVP of the team, that even the coaches knew. Romo moves it without Zeke.. Dak looked like his typical Denver, two pick 6s Dak..

khiladi

Reaction score
They got him out so fast, because they didn’t want to hurt Dak’s fragile ego. They got him out that fast, because they didn’t want people to expose them to how stupid they are with their already planned decision to go with Dak, which was more than demonstrated last year and this year.