Could be wild week in Jerry World

plasticman

Reaction score
I thought this forum promoted serious discussion.

A return by Dez Bryant.

Perhaps there is an exponentially fractional probability that he would be willing to accept less than a million to complete this season with no provision for the future seasons.

However, Romo returning?

Many of our more "elegant" posters have already expressed my view on on the subject, so I need not.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I thought this forum promoted serious discussion.

A return by Dez Bryant.

Perhaps there is an exponentially fractional probability that he would be willing to accept less than a million to complete this season with no provision for the future seasons.

However, Romo returning?

Many of our more "elegant" posters have already expressed my view on on the subject, so I need not.

I seriously doubt that either Dez or Romo are realistically likely to return to action with Dallas but we'll eventually see.

Dez would more than likely desire more than Dallas would be willing to part with and Romo is perfectly content, as is.

Additionally, I think Dez and the Cowboys have already run the gamut of their chances to co-exist and that has failed.

Last edited:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Romo returning is a fantasy ... Can't see it happening .

Dez has already said 'The Garrett Guys' don't want him in the team , code for ' Garret doesn't want me. '

JayNovacek84

Reaction score
Imo, Dak is not a failure no matter what.

He was a 4th Rd pick

He has a much better than .500 record as a starter

He took the team on a magical run in 2016

Has proven he is no worse than a top backup Qb in the league

He may not be the answer, but let's be real here. We've gotten more mileage out of Dak than anyone expected.

And to be fair to Dak: the other shoe hasn't dropped just yet.

I personally don't think Dak's a failure either and bringing back Romo wouldn't improve things anyway. If we do move on from Dak next season then drafting a QB is the way to go for sure.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
If we win big in Houston all of this will go away.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Tony is 38 years old. Zeke is 23. Gallup is 22. Swaim, Schultz and Jarwin are 25, 22 and 24 years old. C. Williams is 21 (!), L. Collins 25, Martin and T. Smith are 27.

Yes Tony, if he stayed on the field, would be an instant upgrade at quarterback. But for how long? If what you want is instant, short term success, then if he came back and played, you'd get your wish.

But then after a year or two, just due to age, he'd retire and then you'd have a team that would have to start over with another quarterback, probably a rookie. (Dak isn't going to sit around for a year or two after being the starter, so he wouldn't be an option). White? Maybe, if he wants to ride the bench for a couple of years, and he's unproven.

So the question for Jerry would be does he just want one more SB win and then to re-build? Or does he want to aim for a Patriots-type team one that's in the conversation for titles year after year?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Tony is 38 years old. Zeke is 23. Gallup is 22. Swaim, Schultz and Jarwin are 25, 22 and 24 years old. C. Williams is 21 (!), L. Collins 25, Martin and T. Smith are 27.

Yes Tony, if he stayed on the field, would be an instant upgrade at quarterback. But for how long? If what you want is instant, short term success, then if he came back and played, you'd get your wish.

But then after a year or two, just due to age, he'd retire and then you'd have a team that would have to start over with another quarterback, probably a rookie. (Dak isn't going to sit around for a year or two after being the starter, so he wouldn't be an option). White? Maybe, if he wants to ride the bench for a couple of years, and he's unproven.

So the question for Jerry would be does he just want one more SB win and then to re-build? Or does he want to aim for a Patriots-type team one that's in the conversation for titles year after year?

There wouldn’t even be anything guaranteed about instant short term success with Romo coming back.

Romo was a great QB. But this is a guy who hasn’t thrown a football competitively in over a year. Hasn’t started a game in over 2 years.

The idea he could just come in and be ready to play at a high level with no training camp, no practices, etc is quite frankly ludicrous. That’s not how football works.

JustChip

Reaction score
I'd love the Dez signing, but I'd fear watching Romo sustain multiple broken bones on live TV...

Then again, how freaking great would it be for #9 to run out and start throwing the ball all over the yard?! I miss Tony....

Loved me some Tony. Loved me some Aikman, Staubach and Dandy Don, too.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
The band is NOT getting back together. Were about to pay Dak 100 mil+ and see Garrett on the sideline again next year.

As much as we may disagree, Jerry loves these guys.

rags747

Reaction score
Just finished listing to Podcast with KT and he is hearing whispers from Ben Rogers (who has been correct several times & has good sources) that following might transpire in next week or so:

1. Tony Romo & Dez Bryant might be signed. Dallas currently has $18 million in available cap space.
2. Current league rules on QB would heavily favor Romo return.
3. Dez Bryant continues to insist with Mike Fisher that he still sees himself as Dallas Cowboy.

Buckle in. The internet will break if this goes down.
Ha...Romo comes back and my interest in the Cowboys probably goes back to Through the Roof. Good point, under today's QB rules Romo probably plays till he's 45!! even though we will never see this it's great to think about. Thx for the hope...

JustChip

Reaction score
Its just that Dak sucks so bad the bar is low. Romo could cone in week 10 and still out perform Dak statistically with the same personal. Rico would be great. Lol

Tony may outperform Dak, nay, should outperform Dak. He has 10 years experience on him and, yes, he throws a better ball. However, like all memories of the "good ole days" in anything, only the good is remembered. Things like "Jimmy ALWAYS had his team prepared" which just flat wasn't the case. And to many, Tony is God-like and never made a mistake (on the flip side, too many say he was too mistake prone). Tony missed passes and was fortunate not to some turnovers luckily bounce his way. In this last drive at Detroit in 07, he threw it behind TO and was fortunate to have his fumble get slapped straight back by Detroit to the only Cowboy within 5 yards...

The point is every QB misses passes and gets fortunate breaks. If a person is predisposed to a belief, they'll look for facts and examples to support their belief and ignore those that don't. That's a general statement not directed at any one person.