Could it be...

blindzebra

Reaction score
Charles said:
I nominate this post above:rolleyes: for.......Dumbest Post of the Year........and there are still 5 more months to ago in 2005.

Go sell this trash somewhere else. Look at Parcell's resume. It speaks for itself.

Belicheck has won 3 SuperBowls built on the nucleus assembled by Parcells.

Does anyone remember what city the Jets played in before Parcells came to town?

Did the Giants play in the NFL before 1983?

You are questioning arguably the greatest coach in modern NFL history because you can not forsee a plan for the future and are left scratching your head about personnel movements.

Ever wonder why you watch games from your coach on Sundays? :lmao2:

I watch from my COACH on Sundays?

It can be argued that Belichick was the reason Tuna won those two Lombardis, you do realize Big Bill has not won one without Little Bill.;)

I seem to recall a certain poster seriously questioning Parcells over a personnel move at the start of last TC, hmmm.

It's usually best not to nominate a post and then top it in the reply.:D

blindzebra

Reaction score
Alexander said:
We paid marketvalue. And everybody "overspends" in free agency. Those are the rules.

Until we see these drastic changes, your problems are more with what you think might happen versus what really might.

Last year wore everyone out. And especially Coach Parcells who hates to lose. I am sure he thought about it, but his pride would not let him give up. I am glad he didn't otherwise we would be talking about Houston Nutt, and would have drafted Matt Jones in the first round.

Had our initial year not been 10-6, I think you would have seen more changes last year. Why else would Coach Parcells be saying he was "mislead" all year last year. Everyone screwed up, including him. It took a disaster like last year to convince him, the coaching staff, Mr. Jones and even the players that what we had was Fool's Gold.

How do we know the "plan" in year one and two was his?

Raise your hand if you really and truly believe that he wanted Quincy Carter and Troy Hambrick. Or that he wanted to go with an undersized 4-3 defense?

No, you are a chicken little because you are assuming too much off of this Greg Ellis situation. Unless you had these feelings all along and just kept them well underwraps.

I have not kept them underwraps, I have mentioned this in past posts, as well. The Ellis bashing that was going on is what triggered starting this thread, but that was the straw and not the root of my position.

Kilyin

Reaction score
dbair said it best, so quoted for truth:

I think Parcells is a good coach, but I dont think he is the elite coach some have annointed him to be...he's only had one really great team his entire coaching career (86 Giants), never coached a team to back to back super bowls and hasnt coached a team to the super bowl at all since 1996...not only has he never coached in back to back super bowls, he's never gotten a team to back to back conference championship games...he's a vast improvement over the clowns that coached here from 94-2002, but he isnt Landry or Jimmy

When people call Parcells the 'greatest coach ever' etc, it makes me laugh at the absurdity of such a statement.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I have not kept them underwraps, I have mentioned this in past posts, as well. The Ellis bashing that was going on is what triggered starting this thread, but that was the straw and not the root of my position.

The bashing is going on both sides, and you know it.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I watch from my COACH on Sundays?
That would be couch :eek::
blindzebra said:
It can be argued that Belichick was the reason Tuna won those two Lombardis, you do realize Big Bill has not won one without Little Bill.;)
Of course it can be argued that Belicheck was one of the reasons, but it can also be argued that Belicheck was clueless in Cleveland and without Scott Pioli making great GM moves, Belicheck would be clueless again.

The facts are the veteran leadership that forms the nucleus (Troy Brown, McGinest, Law and Bruschi ) that won those 3 SuperBowls were all draft picks under Parcells. Including the hiring of Belicheck when he flamed out of Cleveland in 1995.

The Jets under Herm are flourishing with the talent Parcells brought to NY.

blindzebra said:
I seem to recall a certain poster seriously questioning Parcells over a personnel move at the start of last TC, hmmm.
Actually I supported the move if infact Quincy Carter had failed a drug test. He hadn't proven enough to be given the another chance and benefit of the doubt.

I am not surprised you'd lie to prove a point. The archives are readily available...............

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kind of busy doing something I would rather not be doing...however just for a quick break....

X-Conspiracy.jpg

:D

blindzebra

Reaction score
Charles said:
That would be couch :eek::

Of course it can be argued that Belicheck was one of the reasons, but it can also be argued that Belicheck was clueless in Cleveland and without Scott Pioli making great GM moves, Belicheck would be clueless again.

The facts are the veteran leadership that forms the nucleus (Troy Brown, McGinest, Law and Bruschi ) that won those 3 SuperBowls were all draft picks under Parcells. Including the hiring of Belicheck when he flamed out of Cleveland in 1995.

The Jets under Herm are flourishing with the talent Parcells brought to NY.

Actually I supported the move if infact Quincy Carter had failed a drug test. He hadn't proven enough to be given the another chance and benefit of the doubt.

I am not surprised you'd lie to prove a point. The archives are readily available...............

I don't lie to make a point, never have, so archive away. After all it's your style, since your only means of debate is to pull past quotes out of context in an attempt to prove a point.

Does not work, I've torn it apart before and Hostile has John Wayned you up one side and down the other, so waste everyone's time.

Alexander

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Kind of busy doing something I would rather not be doing...however just for a quick break....

X-Conspiracy.jpg

:D

Classic.

Could you possibly add some #&^$*@ coming out of his mouth and Greg Ellis crying? Thanks!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Alexander said:
The bashing is going on both sides, and you know it.

And what in that response suggested nobody has blamed Parcells?

A tad defensive, or what?:D

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I don't lie to make a point, never have, so archive away. After all it's your style, since your only means of debate is to pull past quotes out of context in an attempt to prove a point.

Does not work, I've torn it apart before and Hostile has John Wayned you up one side and down the other, so waste everyone's time.
Wow..........

If that makes you feel better good for you.

Anyway back to the topic of this thread.........

How do you reconcile your current feelings about Parcells with his stellar resume?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Charles said:
Wow..........

If that makes you feel better good for you.

Anyway back to the topic of this thread.........

How do you reconcile your current feelings about Parcells with his stellar resume?

It's pretty simple and it's already in this thread several times.

My entire point is based on that resume.

He was adding to it year one, got embarrassed in year two, resorted to drastic measures in year three, and if he does not win big this year I think he'll retire again.

As was pointed out before he won two with LT and Belichick, but never kept his teams at that level with the Giants.

He rebuilt NE than possibly sabotaged their Super Bowl by preparing to leave for the Jets.

Turned the Jets around and quit before he finished the job.

Teased Tampa Bay, but they had enough talent to win, so he would not get the credit for the turn around, so he did not take the job.

Came to Dallas where he not only could turn a bad team around, but he could cement his place in history by doing it in Dallas.

Any of that destroy my point, or did it help make it?;)

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:

blindzebra said:

I couldn't let this one slide. I called you a liar. I think it's only prudent that I prove my point..........

I made the following post in reply to Wayne, it was a day or 2 after Carter's release. The link is below. It will prove my point that I didn't questions Parcells release of Carter, even after being one of Quincy's most stauched supporter.

I didn't put personal agendas before the good of the team, like you seem to be doing because of the shift to 3-4 and Parcells not playing your favorite QB.

You LIED to prove a POINT. BZ I have been long around enough to smell your bs

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6105&page=4&pp=15&highlight=Quincy+Carter+released
Charles said:
08-20-2004, 12:15 PM

Great post Wayne.

Personally, I don't really care why he got released. He got released PERIOD!!!. It means Quincy Carter ALL THINGS CONSIDERED PROs & CONs wasn't good enough to be the long term starting QB for the DallasCowboys.

blindzebra said:

I doubt Hostile wants to be lumped-in with your BS.

Anyway we can go back to topic at hand, in hopes that you'll finally tear my opinion apart or you can keep lying and I'll keep bring up the proof so everyone can see through your bs.

Alexander

Reaction score
What does it mean when someone gets "John Wayned"?:confused:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Charles said:
I couldn't let this one slide. I called you a liar. I think it's only prudent that I prove my point..........

I made the following post in reply to Wayne, it was a day or 2 after Carter's release. The link is below. It will prove my point that I didn't questions Parcells release of Carter, even after being one of Quincy's most stauched supporter.

I didn't put personal agendas before the good of the team, like you seem to be doing because of the shift to 3-4 and Parcells not playing your favorite QB.

You LIED to prove a POINT. BZ I have been long around enough to smell your bs

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6105&page=4&pp=15&highlight=Quincy+Carter+released

I doubt Hostile wants to be lumped-in with your BS.

Anyway we can go back to topic at hand, in hopes that you'll finally tear my opinion apart or you can keep lying and I'll keep bring up the proof so everyone can see through your bs.

A day or two, that's over two weeks after Carter was released, mistake or lie Charles?

I don't live and breath in the vault, if you never questioned it, I was mistaken.

Should I explain the difference between making a mistake and purposely making something up? Like it would make a difference.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
It's pretty simple and it's already in this thread several times.

My entire point is based on that resume.
We allow me to retort ;)
blindzebra said:
He was adding to it year one,
Well in my opinion, In year one he was checking out IF there was atleast some talent developed or brought in during our fall from grace. It's a very prudent thing to do. Most CEO or CFOs don't go into a company and immediately implement their plans. They check out their assets IF any, determine if any of those assets can assist in excuting their plan and perform their duties to the best of their abilities to keep the company or in our case the team afloat.

Parcell did a great job in 2003. The Cowboys had some talent of defense. A blend of talented youth in Roy Williams, Newman and Blade.......and some experience veterans like Woody, Dat, Dex, Glover and Ellis. they were able to carry the team.. Parcells did a great job in coaching to the teams strengths with hopes the Offense would tag along with a little help here and there in bringing in Dan Campbell, Richie Anderson et tl. Most successfull CEO, CFO and Head Coaches have instant production some where up there sleeves. Parcells did and we got a surprise 10-6 season.
blindzebra said:
got embarrassed in year two,
The loss of Woody, unrealistic expectations put on a 40 year old QB, the loss of arguably the best blocking TE in the league, the loss of RB in Julius Jones whom in hindsight has proven to be a very good back and a inconsistent team that never found an identity.

Any coach would get embarrased, so what your point????

blindzebra said:
resorted to drastic measures in year three, and if he does not win big this year I think he'll retire again.
In your opinion it's drastic.......because you thought 3-4 was a smokescreen leading up to the draft. You've surmarised the Cowboys drafting the best player available as "overkill" because you believe in drafting for need........

Some might think the Cowboys 2005 offseason as the perfect storm.

Parcells has won when he's had a versatile defense. He switched between the 3-4 and 4-3 going back to his days as the Giants Head Coach.

How many times did LT or Banks get down as a Dlinemen in rushing stance and quickly get up into a LB stance before the snap.?

How many times did McGinest do the same?

The free agents that came available had previously had succes under Parcells and/or were upgrades over our players.
blindzebra said:
As was pointed out before he won two with LT and Belichick, but never kept his teams at that level with the Giants.
Well please point out to everyone which teams in the salary cap era are able to keep their teams at that high a level. If the Patriots do it they will be the 1st. They also took a step back after their 1st SuperBowl.

You are aiming for the unrealistic to prove a weak point.
blindzebra said:
He rebuilt NE than possibly sabotaged their Super Bowl by preparing to leave for the Jets.
But they did win with Parcells nucleus :laugh2:

blindzebra said:
But left their franchise in great shape talent and cap wise. After Parcells arrival the Jets roster got the following influx of talent. Curtis Martin, Mawae, Mo Lewis, Pepper Johnson, Ferguson, Farrior, Ward, Randy Thoman, Ryan Young. When Parcells went into the Front office in 2000 he drafted Ellis, Abraham, Pennington, Coles, Becht etc

All for a team that had only won 18 games in 4 SEASONS, but went on to 12 games after 2 years and appearance in the Conference title game.

Sound familiar........the Cowbyos had won 15 games in 3 seasons before Parcells arrived at Valley Ranch.

Parcells brought the winning mentality to the Jets and left a solid nucleus.
blindzebra said:
Teased Tampa Bay, but they had enough talent to win, so he would not get the credit for the turn around, so he did not take the job.
:laugh2: Yep we all know Parcells would rather lose with the credit than win without it. Do you know how stupid your logic seems :laugh2:

blindzebra said:
Came to Dallas where he not only could turn a bad team around, but he could cement his place in history by doing it in Dallas.

What point???

Parcells resume is impecable. He's a 1st ballot HOF coach and if he's to win a SuperBowl in Dallas he will go down as the best head coach in modern NFL history.

Do you understand what it would mean to be the best NFL coach in modern history?

Alexander

Reaction score
blindzebra said:

Did Coach Parcells allow Desmond Howard to return all those kicks or were the special teams units just distracted by his flirtations?

His health had nothing to do with that?

So he looked there, went not enough glory and moved on?

I see. You think he is secretly masochistic.

It just made you sound like Oliver Stone.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Charles said:
We allow me to retort ;)

Well in my opinion, In year one he was checking out IF there was atleast some talent developed or brought in during our fall from grace. It's a very prudent thing to do. Most CEO or CFOs don't go into a company and immediately implement their plans. They check out their assets IF any, determine if any of those assets can assist in excuting their plan and perform their duties to the best of their abilities to keep the company or in our case the team afloat.

Parcell did a great job in 2003. The Cowboys had some talent of defense. A blend of talented youth in Roy Williams, Newman and Blade.......and some experience veterans like Woody, Dat, Dex, Glover and Ellis. they were able to carry the team.. Parcells did a great job in coaching to the teams strengths with hopes the Offense would tag along with a little help here and there in bringing in Dan Campbell, Richie Anderson et tl. Most successfull CEO, CFO and Head Coaches have instant production some where up there sleeves. Parcells did and we got a surprise 10-6 season.

The loss of Woody, unrealistic expectations put on a 40 year old QB, the loss of arguably the best blocking TE in the league, the loss of RB in Julius Jones whom in hindsight has proven to be a very good back and a inconsistent team that never found an identity.

Any coach would get embarrased, so what your point????

In your opinion it's drastic.......because you thought 3-4 was a smokescreen leading up to the draft. You've surmarised the Cowboys drafting the best player available as "overkill" because you believe in drafting for need........

Some might think the Cowboys 2005 offseason as the perfect storm.

Parcells has won when he's had a versatile defense. He switched between the 3-4 and 4-3 going back to his days as the Giants Head Coach.

How many times did LT or Banks get down as a Dlinemen in rushing stance and quickly get up into a LB stance before the snap.?

How many times did McGinest do the same?

The free agents that came available had previously had succes under Parcells and/or were upgrades over our players.

Well please point out to everyone which teams in the salary cap era are able to keep their teams at that high a level. If the Patriots do it they will be the 1st. They also took a step back after their 1st SuperBowl.

You are aiming for the unrealistic to prove a weak point.

But they did win with Parcells nucleus :laugh2:

But left their franchise in great shape talent and cap wise. After Parcells arrival the Jets roster got the following influx of talent. Curtis Martin, Mawae, Mo Lewis, Pepper Johnson, Ferguson, Farrior, Ward, Randy Thoman, Ryan Young. When Parcells went into the Front office in 2000 he drafted Ellis, Abraham, Pennington, Coles, Becht etc

All for a team that had only won 18 games in SEASONS, but went on to 12 in 2 years and appearance in the Conference title game.

Parcells brought the winning mentality to the Jets and left a solid nucleus.

:laugh2: Yep we all know Parcells would rather lose with the credit than win without it. Do you know how stupid your logic seems :laugh2:

What point???

Parcells resume is impecable. He's a 1st ballot HOF coach and if he's to win a SuperBowl in Dallas he will go down as the best head coach in modern NFL history.

Do you understand what it would mean to be the best NFL coach in modern history?

Belichick, Johnson, Walsh, Gibbs, Seifer and Shanahan all won at least two Super bowls in the modern era too, skippy.

Last I checked Parcells never won a Super Bowl in the salary cap age, never won one without Belichick, quit on NE with them going to the Super Bowl, and left the Jets before finishing the job, and passed on the Tampa job for what reason, hmm?

Your logic is based on him being the greatest IF he wins one in Dallas, you know how stupid that sounds? His resume is both good and bad, you refuse to see the negatives.

Heck, even LaTuna admits his many faults. Which makes sense, because she is a thoughtful poster.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
blindzebra vbmenu_register("postmenu_25321", true);

icon1.gif

Last year was about winning games that we gave away during those 5-11 years.
This time last year everyone was predicting 6-7 wins and I pulled out this stat, 17 of the 33 loses were by a TD or less. 13 were by LESS than a TD, so in reality we were ONE big play a game...for or against...from being 8-8 to 10-6 in any of those seasons.

We have had .500 talent for four years, but Parcells got the most from that talent.

Now we will see if our young players continue to improve beyond .500 talent and if Tuna can "coach up" the rest.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25321&highlight=parcells#post25321

blindzebra

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
blindzebra vbmenu_register("postmenu_25321", true);

[url="http://cowboyszone.com/forums/image.php?u=421&dateline=1084912259"]http://cowboyszone.com/forums/image.php?u=421&dateline=1084912259[/url]

icon1.gif

Last year was about winning games that we gave away during those 5-11 years.
This time last year everyone was predicting 6-7 wins and I pulled out this stat, 17 of the 33 loses were by a TD or less. 13 were by LESS than a TD, so in reality we were ONE big play a game...for or against...from being 8-8 to 10-6 in any of those seasons.

We have had .500 talent for four years, but Parcells got the most from that talent.

Now we will see if our young players continue to improve beyond .500 talent and if Tuna can "coach up" the rest.

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25321&highlight=parcells#post25321

And that has what to do with this thread exactly?

Where in this thread did I say Parcells is a bad coach? Where did I say he did a bad job in 2003?

In 2004 we added some below .500 talent as free agents, had injuries, the young talent from 2003 struggled and Tuna failed at coaching up the rest.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Reality said:
So easily forgotten is the mess of a team Parcells inherited.

Thank-you......This thread ended here.