CFZ Could Jerry already have a handshake deal with OBJ?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Something that struck me about Jerry coming out and saying how much he admires OBJ and then not pulling the trigger on a WR trade at the deadline. OBJ will be physically ready to get back on the field some time in December.. just in time for the stretch run.. Now that the Rams have started to have to pay the devil back for selling their souls last year they aint goin nowhere. OBJ obviously has some sentimental ties to NYG but it's a good bet that they will be a couple of games below the Cowboys in the standings in a few weeks.. and given the choice between playing with Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones as a receiver that's kind of a no-brainer.

Now he might be seduced by the prospect of playing with an all time great like Rodgers or Brady but both of them might be on the outside of the playoffs looking in pretty quick here. Would anything make him more post-career money than helping America's Team get to its first Super Bowl in 27 years? Are you kidding me!?!?! Jerry has GOT to be whispering all this in his ear.. (or his agent's ear) every other day..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Something that struck me about Jerry coming out and saying how much he admires OBJ and then not pulling the trigger on a WR trade at the deadline. OBJ will be physically ready to get back on the field some time in December.. just in time for the stretch run.. Now that the Rams have started to have to pay the devil back for selling their souls last year they aint goin nowhere. OBJ obviously has some sentimental ties to NYG but it's a good bet that they will be a couple of games below the Cowboys in the standings in a few weeks.. and given the choice between playing with Dak Prescott and Daniel Jones as a receiver that's kind of a no-brainer.

Now he might be seduced by the prospect of playing with an all time great like Rodgers or Brady but both of them might be on the outside of the playoffs looking in pretty quick here. Would anything make him more post-career money than helping America's Team get to its first Super Bowl in 27 years? Are you kidding me!?!?! Jerry has GOT to be whispering all this in his ear.. (or his agent's ear) every other day..
OBJ is Jerry ticket to more free media speculation and fan interest. They will talk about it, but he isnt coming here

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Would not count out the rams, per reports they were in on Christian M. deal also, so there GM must have worked in the Dodgers, Yankees or Red Socks organizations before because they know how to manipulate the cap.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well its somerhting to watch, will OBJ and or SUH be on their radar and in talks already figuring out details?? both being long in the tooth vets having them for 4-6 games and the playoffs will maximize their production.

However, that said,
I believe no moves are a NEED right now ..
given we just got Clark back and will be worked in at LB more and more, Sam Williams coming on at the right time , Washington coming back to work with Dak while Gallup is hitting his stride, and Tyrone may come back in December, Hankins will be better once he gets in tune with our defense, and lastly Schultz is healthier and better with Dak then Rush, they all have their favorites, but Schultz looks like 2021 now that Daks back.

we have ways to improve in the back half with no moves at almost all those positions that other teams not only traded draft picks for but also giving up huge deals. you se chubbs deal , like we should have done that was ridiculous. you going to give cooks 18mil guaranteed next year and a 1 or 2? Hockenson not a need , Quinn weve done that before we are loaded at DE, just saying those were not smart moves for us at the moment,

I thought LG or CB are the only depth or need areas on this team.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
With Jerry I wouldn't rule anything out, but if they have an agreement in place why wouldn't he just be here now? Seems to me that it makes a lot more sense for both sides to have him at practice, building report with Dak, coaches, and the other receivers, working with your teams medical staff, etc. The Cowboys aren't a team like Green Bay where you will be asking if they are in the hunt come December, it seems pretty much a given unless something drastic happens that they will be at least a wild card.

I bet you hear several teams whispering sweat nothings into the ear of OBJ over the next month. It basically becomes a recruiting game at this point and everyone will by trying to set themselves up to get him.

OBJ seems pretty intent on not signing anywhere until he is ready to go. Is that a money thing? Is that a he likes his name popping up in the media thing? Is that a wait it out and find the best situation thing? Who knows, but it doesnt make sense to me that he would already know where he is going.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think it's obvious they def wanna add another WR to the room and apparently a certain they are looking for considering the efforts of going after Cooks. It would not surprise me at all if they are strongly considering OBJ. Remember Stephen just said trades are not the only way to add players. So I agree 100% BUT if you believe Von Miller, OBJ is signing with the Bills......lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don't think OBJ will be coming here. Jerry is going to Jerry. Plus, will he actually be football ready in December? Didn't he have the same injury as Gallup? Gallup seems to be progressing a little slowly, but don't really know anything about what's going on with OBJ.

Gallup got hurt in January and had surgery in February. OBJ got hurt in February and had surgery on February 23rd. Less than two weeks after Gallup who had his on February 13th. . Gallup got back on the field on October 2nd.. so just under 8 months.. OBJ already passed the 8 month mark and will hit 9 months on November 23rd. Even if his recovery follows a similar track as Gallup he is a better player than Gallup.. so 80% of OBJ is still a lot better than 80% of Gallup. And he will have been afforded a full month longer than Gallup took. And if the Cowboys don't activate him until the last 2-3 games of the season it would be closer to 10 months..

I'm not saying I want OBJ in our locker room.. or that I think Kellen Moore could use him properly.. I am just saying I think Jerry might see him as a Charles Haley or Deion level acquisition.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

I have been thinking about this

Carson

Reaction score
0% chance.

He will go to the highest bidder when he’s ready to a team heading to the playoffs.

That will likely eliminate Green Bay.

slick325

Reaction score
I would think that any team that is interested in OBJ would want to know about his rehab. Or would want to have their doctors and training staff getting to see him and want to help him rehab.

It's November, if he is supposed to be ready by December, I suspect he should be signing somewhere very soon.

Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I doubt it. Obj knows the chiefs, bills, rams, packers and us potentially are all after him and he’s not ready to play yet so he’s likely rehabbing and seeing which team will give him the best deal and the best winning situation.

do I think he’d be interested in coming here? Absolutely. But a deal already done in silence? No. It’s pretty evident the cowboys did try to trade for a receiver and just couldn’t find the right deal. I also think that even if we add an obj we need to temper expectations on what he’ll be this season.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Gallup got hurt in January and had surgery in February. OBJ got hurt in February and had surgery on February 23rd. Less than two weeks after Gallup who had his on February 13th. . Gallup got back on the field on October 2nd.. so just under 8 months.. OBJ already passed the 8 month mark and will hit 9 months on November 23rd. Even if his recovery follows a similar track as Gallup he is a better player than Gallup.. so 80% of OBJ is still a lot better than 80% of Gallup. And he will have been afforded a full month longer than Gallup took. And if the Cowboys don't activate him until the last 2-3 games of the season it would be closer to 10 months..

I'm not saying I want OBJ in our locker room.. or that I think Kellen Moore could use him properly.. I am just saying I think Jerry might see him as a Charles Haley or Deion level acquisition.

Obj is also 3 years older than Gallup and has had multiple injuries to his legs. It’s kind of hard to compare the injuries with each player.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
With Jerry I wouldn't rule anything out, but if they have an agreement in place why wouldn't he just be here now? Seems to me that it makes a lot more sense for both sides to have him at practice, building report with Dak, coaches, and the other receivers, working with your teams medical staff, etc. The Cowboys aren't a team like Green Bay where you will be asking if they are in the hunt come December, it seems pretty much a given unless something drastic happens that they will be at least a wild card.

I bet you hear several teams whispering sweat nothings into the ear of OBJ over the next month. It basically becomes a recruiting game at this point and everyone will by trying to set themselves up to get him.

OBJ seems pretty intent on not signing anywhere until he is ready to go. Is that a money thing? Is that a he likes his name popping up in the media thing? Is that a wait it out and find the best situation thing? Who knows, but it doesnt make sense to me that he would already know where he is going.

was about to say all of this. Doesn't make sense to wait until december and expect him to be an immediate contributor.