Could teams be holding Micah on purpose?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So you want me to believe he stopped moving forward.
So you want to project a still photo forward via assumption of who was moving where? Lol. As entertaining as you say it would be for me to explain how a still picture is not a hold, the more entertaining thing would be for you to explain how it IS a hold using a picture. And make sure you use the wording of the rules to do it. Let's start you off though. Would you say Parsons is being restricted or materially restricted? Also, was Parsons' path to the ball carrier altered as a result of a restriction whose degree you're going to tell me?

silvernblu

Reaction score
So you want to project a still photo forward via assumption of who was moving where? Lol. As entertaining as you say it would be for me to explain how a still picture is not a hold, the more entertaining thing would be for you to explain how it IS a hold using a picture. And make sure you use the wording of the rules to do it. Let's start you off though. Would you say Parsons is being restricted or materially restricted? Also, was Parsons' path to the ball carrier altered as a result of a restriction whose degree you're going to tell me?
Just watched it 5 times. You seem to think that just because they let go at the end that somehow negates the three seconds of clear holding from behind. You’re funny.

Materially restricted for about a good three seconds, yes. Ran up to a yard marker, stayed about at that yard marker while he was held. And continued after being released.

Was the path altered? Well it remained a straight line. But yes, it was momentarily stopped while being held.

I’m not sure what game you’re playing but it’s obvious from the video and the picture reflects what happened in the video. You’re just trying to look like a smart guy or something.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I like how that still shot was actually not a hold when you run the video. And Micah posted it on his social media to boot.

As for on purpose, it's in the rules that holding chances could be exempted during a double team. So I'd double team him all game if I was an offense.
*** are you talking about?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Just watched it 5 times. You seem to think that just because they let go at the end that somehow negates the three seconds of clear holding from behind. You’re funny.

Materially restricted for about a good three seconds, yes. Ran up to a yard marker, stayed about at that yard marker while he was held. And continued after being released.

Was the path altered? Well it remained a straight line. But yes, it was momentarily stopped while being held.

I’m not sure what game you’re playing but it’s obvious from the video and the picture reflects what happened in the video. You’re just trying to look like a smart guy or something.
Don't bother for an explanation. Waste of time.

silvernblu

Reaction score
*** are you talking about?
I just saw another still from the play about one second after the still this guy claims wasn’t a hold. #65 has a clear handful of his jersey and Micah’s jersey is half wrapped around the his body - the middle is on his side in the hands of 65 and the left side is tight like a sausage.

This guy says no hold. Get outta here.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I believe he's an OG Dez didn't catch it person. Just let it go- he's a troll.
I just saw another still from the play about one second after the still this guy claims wasn’t a hold. #65 has a clear handful of his jersey and Micah’s jersey is half wrapped around the his body - the middle is on his side in the hands of 65 and the left side is tight like a sausage.

This guy says no hold. Get outta here.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

So the still photo didn't tell the story after all, did it? No games here, just the tapes. And that tape was not a hold by any stretch of the imagination. The fact you needed to look at it 5 times means you were looking for something, anything at all to call it a hold because you certainly can't turn back now.

Micah barely even gets slowed by the RT obstruction and actually gets pushed even more forward into the QB by the helping Guard. To boot, Micah used a rip with his left arm which is an exception in the holding rules because it puts the OL in a position of holding. Hence, you can't tell a hold by a still shot "chokehold" as folks like to say because when a rip puts an OL there the rules say that holding will NOT be called. Holding "3 seconds" my left foot. The entire charge and getting home didn't even last 3 seconds. 2.10s in the GIF below. If Micah had a straight path, then it wasn't altered in pursuit of the ball carrier, especially since he leveled said ball carrier. The rules are what they are.

The picture showed a place in time that says nothing about the video leading up to that point. The picture was solely to stir up emotions and trap folks who don't think enough to know you can't tell holding via a still shot anymore than a pic of a CB's hand on a WR's shoulder for PI. Anybody else want to try to call the below a hold?

Parsons-v-Miami-GIF.gif

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I just saw another still
Immediately disqualifies you. Read what I just wrote. A snapshot of a fistful of jersey does not tell a hold anymore than a still shot of a CB's hand on a WR's shoulder tells it's PI.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we please Man-up here and honor whatever is left of the greatness of the Star?
Excuses and pointing fingers are for losers.
Just go out there and WIN baby!!!!!

slick325

Reaction score
Yes, absolutely. Jeff Saturday said as much after the Miami game.
https://atozsports.com/dallas/former-nfl-coach-says-shocking-reality-about-micah-parsons/

This isn't just a Micah thing though, it's a Cowboys thing. There were two egregious ones on Clark in that Miami game that also weren't called.
The one on the final drive against Clark sealed the game. Had that been called who knows how the game ends.

Hoping the refs call it fair on Sunday and that means calling holds against Parsons, too.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Yes. That is what I interpreted Tua told his LT in HBO Hard Knocks. I posted it somewhere. Flat out told him at halftime ‘you do whatever it takes to stop him.’

But having said that, nothing abnormal. Veteran offensive linemen will tell you they purposefully held elite pass rushers to stop them. Anyone who doesn’t say it is lying. So #11 needs to sack up and deal with it, part of the job. Learn how to ‘flop’ with the best of them to draw attention, but that’s all you can do. Does no good to pout about it and blast refs on your podcast.

silvernblu

Reaction score
So the still photo didn't tell the story after all, did it? No games here, just the tapes. And that tape was not a hold by any stretch of the imagination. The fact you needed to look at it 5 times means you were looking for something, anything at all to call it a hold because you certainly can't turn back now.

Micah barely even gets slowed by the RT obstruction and actually gets pushed even more forward into the QB by the helping Guard. To boot, Micah used a rip with his left arm which is an exception in the holding rules because it puts the OL in a position of holding. Hence, you can't tell a hold by a still shot "chokehold" as folks like to say because when a rip puts an OL there the rules say that holding will NOT be called. Holding "3 seconds" my left foot. The entire charge and getting home didn't even last 3 seconds. 2.10s in the GIF below. If Micah had a straight path, then it wasn't altered in pursuit of the ball carrier, especially since he leveled said ball carrier. The rules are what they are.

The picture showed a place in time that says nothing about the video leading up to that point. The picture was solely to stir up emotions and trap folks who don't think enough to know you can't tell holding via a still shot anymore than a pic of a CB's hand on a WR's shoulder for PI. Anybody else want to try to call the below a hold?

Parsons-v-Miami-GIF.gif
Well I’ll be. We were talking about two different plays the whole time. We are both right it seems

Last edited: