Could the Cowboys need a uniform overhaul?

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
kbman;1805986 said:
The reason all other teams tweak their uni's is because they somehow need to enhance their image. It's a gimmick. The Cowboys are not a gimmick, they have the best uni's in all sports period.

Best reply EVER!!!

:hammer:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1806024 said:
I wouldn't mind scrapping our current throwbacks and bring these back for a game or two in the regular season! Atleast Dallas won a playoff game in these.:)

http://i48.***BLOCKED***/albums/f226/Nickslockerroom/NFL/th_cowboys94smithwhite.jpghttp://i48.***BLOCKED***/albums/f226/Nickslockerroom/NFL/th_cowboys94smithwhiteb.jpg
NFL&

Emmitt%201994.jpg

Alvin%20Harper%201994.jpg

NO, those are ugly, I love the current throwbacks.

And forget the red, the last thing Dallas should do is change their colors by adding red into the mix. Leave the damn unis alone.

Route 66

Reaction score
What do you guys think about our endzone colors? I think its a little too light in the blue. The old endzones with a darker blue seemed to be a better fit.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1806035 said:
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Just like these!
Aikman%201994.jpg

And only twice a year to replace the throwups...I..I..I.. mean throwbacks!;)

SuperCows5Xs;1806024 said:
I wouldn't mind scrapping our current throwbacks and bring these back for a game or two in the regular season! Atleast Dallas won a playoff game in these.:)

http://i48.***BLOCKED***/albums/f226/Nickslockerroom/NFL/th_cowboys94smithwhite.jpghttp://i48.***BLOCKED***/albums/f226/Nickslockerroom/NFL/th_cowboys94smithwhiteb.jpg
Aikman%201994.jpg

Emmitt%201994.jpg

Alvin%20Harper%201994.jpg

Gee thanks....I just lost my breakfast. Gawd I hate those.

As for changing the current unis......HELLZ NAW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Rowdy;1806098 said:
What do you guys think about our endzone colors? I think its a little too light in the blue. The old endzones with a darker blue seemed to be a better fit.

I agree with that. Actually, I was just thinking about that last week when I saw some old highlights.

I really liked the darker blue.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Perfect home and mostly road uniform! Only difference from then to now is striped socks, alittle difference in numeral font, and the numerals are screened not tackle twill. I like what we have now, would love to have those striped socks back though!
AikmanSB.jpg

I love these old navy jerseys, silver numerals with navy and white trim around the numerals, silver and white striped sleeves with NO star on the sleeve. The Cowboys stopped wearing these in '94. It's time IMO to bring them back and ditch the current road blues in favor of these! And notice the striped socks Bates is wearing, they're great!:D
BatesDal.jpg
EWilliamsDal.JPG

When the Cowboys released the jerseys in '94, I hated them until I saw our current throwbacks. Then I thought....It seems nearly everyone has a throwback or a 3rd uniform/jersey these day, I guess the Cowboys are no different. I hate our current throwbacks, so I thought in my perfect world I'd rather have these back instead. BTW I hated the blue double star jerseys we used to wear on Thanksgiving with the white stars on the shoulders, they just don't look right to me, we don't have white stars for one thing!
LAllenDal.jpg

Basically if the Cowboys went back to the uniforms they wore in '94 as their usual wardrobe it would be fine with me!:)

huncher

Reaction score
I like the way the uniforms are now. I just can't figure out why I don't care for the Bad Luck Blue Jerseys.

ultra5

Reaction score
newcster68;1805944 said:
You know there have been many teams in the NFL that have completely overhauled their teams looks and appearance with some looking much better than the old uniforms. Could the Dallas Cowboys be heading for a new look if they win the Super Bowl?

I was thinking like adding more color to their uniforms.

Example:

Jersey might be a nice royal blue color with the 2 large stars on the shoulder in solid white with a red trim around the star and white number on the chest with red outline. v-collar with red and white trim. The Cowboys name just below the v-trim.

Pants would be solid white with a red and blur line down the side with white in the middle.

Helmet would be a shiny white color with red and blue stripe up the middle with white in between and of course a star logo on the side pointing downward with 2 or three small white lines giving it that shooting star look or even a logo similar to the Pats but modified a bit different.

I think this uniform would definately give the Cowboys that "America's Team" look.

The Cowboys have had the same dreary looking uniform for years. I am even starting to like the throwback look better.

What is your opinion or ideas on how a change could give a new fresh look to the Cowboys Orginization?

we ain't the texans.

the only "red" in our uniforms should be from the blood of our opponents.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Rowdy;1806098 said:

I agree, the navy blue endzones and navy blue star at the 50 looked great to me to.

utrunner07

Reaction score
newcster68;1805944 said:
Jersey might be a nice royal blue color with the 2 large stars on the shoulder in solid white with a red trim around the star and white number on the chest with red outline. v-collar with red and white trim. The Cowboys name just below the v-trim.

Pants would be solid white with a red and blur line down the side with white in the middle.

Red? Are you kidding? RED!?!?!?:ralph:

jem88

Reaction score
newcster68;1805944 said:
You know there have been many teams in the NFL that have completely overhauled their teams looks and appearance with some looking much better than the old uniforms. Could the Dallas Cowboys be heading for a new look if they win the Super Bowl?

I was thinking like adding more color to their uniforms.

Example:

Helmet would be a shiny white color with red and blue stripe up the middle with white in between and of course a star logo on the side pointing downward with 2 or three small white lines giving it that shooting star look or even a logo similar to the Pats but modified a bit different.

I think this uniform would definately give the Cowboys that "America's Team" look.

The Cowboys have had the same dreary looking uniform for years. I am even starting to like the throwback look better.

What is your opinion or ideas on how a change could give a new fresh look to the Cowboys Orginization?
No offence, but one of the worst suggestions I've ever heard. Dallas' uniform is to football what the Yankees' uniform is to baseball. You don't mess about with tradition. Teams like Dallas, Green Bay, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Washington should never dream of changing their uniforms. Leave that to the identity-free teams like the Seahawks and Bucs.

jem88

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1806115 said:
Perfect home and mostly road uniform! Only difference from then to now is striped socks, alittle difference in numeral font, and the numerals are screened not tackle twill. I like what we have now, would love to have those striped socks back though!
AikmanSB.jpg

I love these old navy jerseys, silver numerals with navy and white trim around the numerals, silver and white striped sleeves with NO star on the sleeve. The Cowboys stopped wearing these in '94. It's time IMO to bring them back and ditch the current road blues in favor of these! And notice the striped socks Bates is wearing, they're great!:D
BatesDal.jpg
EWilliamsDal.JPG

When the Cowboys released the jerseys in '94, I hated them until I saw our current throwbacks. Then I thought....It seems nearly everyone has a throwback or a 3rd uniform/jersey these day, I guess the Cowboys are no different. I hate our current throwbacks, so I thought in my perfect world I'd rather have these back instead. BTW I hated the blue double star jerseys we used to wear on Thanksgiving with the white stars on the shoulders, they just don't look right to me, we don't have white stars for one thing!
LAllenDal.jpg

Basically if the Cowboys went back to the uniforms they wore in '94 as their usual wardrobe it would be fine with me!:)
I didn't like the '94 jersey. It messed with our identity and the season felt cursed (which it most certainly was.)

adamknite

Reaction score
The only thing I'd ever change about our uniforms is the White Jersey pants... that's greenish color to them is pukey. I'd make them silver like the Blue Jersey Pants, then it'd be perfect IMO.

wick

Reaction score
We can make a number of improvements to the current uniform. Here's my list:

1. Return to the classic '70s home whites that featured numerals that were in a different font that matched the color of the star.

dorsett102500a.jpg

2. Sleeves. See photo above.

3. Wear the road pants with the home uniforms. I don't like the greenish tint the current home pants can take on, given the lighting.

4. Striped socks. See photo above.

5. The '80s and early '90s road blues that did not have the stars.

6. Alternate jersey would be the old royal blue roadies.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
wick;1806699 said:
We can make a number of improvements to the current uniform. Here's my list:

1. Return to the classic '70s home whites that featured numerals that were in a different font that matched the color of the star.

dorsett102500a.jpg

2. Sleeves. See photo above.

3. Wear the road pants with the home uniforms. I don't like the greenish tint the current home pants can take on, given the lighting.

4. Striped socks. See photo above.

5. The '80s and early '90s road blues that did not have the stars.

6. Alternate jersey would be the old royal blue roadies.

I love the old Royal Blue road jerseys.