Could the Cowboys need a uniform overhaul?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
i like the old throwbacks but would be completely open to the new ones if they were paired with the grey helmet.

white helmets just look too clownish.

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
I don't like changing the white unis. I love those.

I would change the road ones though. I think they should where the royal blue jersey's from back in the day. I love those.

I think that if the star and endzone are lighter blue to match the numbers on our white unis, then the blue unis should be the same color.

If the blue unis are dark blue then the numbers on the whites and the star at midfield and the endzone should be dark blue. If that happens I'd like them to go back to the early 90's navy jerseys.

Also, I think we should switch to the 94 throwbacks as our throwbacks instead of what's there now, but use the white helmets we use now.

Ren

Reaction score
newcster68;1805949 said:
I am serious... a new look would not be half bad. Especially with the new stadium and all.

**** no!

something you just don't change

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
newcster68;1805944 said:
You know there have been many teams in the NFL that have completely overhauled their teams looks and appearance with some looking much better than the old uniforms. Could the Dallas Cowboys be heading for a new look if they win the Super Bowl?

I was thinking like adding more color to their uniforms.

Example:

Jersey might be a nice royal blue color with the 2 large stars on the shoulder in solid white with a red trim around the star and white number on the chest with red outline. v-collar with red and white trim. The Cowboys name just below the v-trim.

Pants would be solid white with a red and blur line down the side with white in the middle.

Helmet would be a shiny white color with red and blue stripe up the middle with white in between and of course a star logo on the side pointing downward with 2 or three small white lines giving it that shooting star look or even a logo similar to the Pats but modified a bit different.

I think this uniform would definately give the Cowboys that "America's Team" look.

The Cowboys have had the same dreary looking uniform for years. I am even starting to like the throwback look better.

What is your opinion or ideas on how a change could give a new fresh look to the Cowboys Orginization?

This idea is almost as bad as hiring Dave Campo as head coach.

Leave the uniforms alone!

Teams that screw around with their uniforms every few years are franchises with no firm identity or foundation.

Warick

Reaction score
If I were going to make any changes to the uniform, and thats a BIG if, I would probably make the jersey numbers and stripes a darker blue to match the star on the helmet. Maybe make the facemask dark blue?

Before:

http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/random%20stuff/cowboysunibefore.jpg

After:

http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/random%20stuff/cowboysuniafter.jpg

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Warick;1806866 said:
If I were going to make any changes to the uniform, and thats a BIG if, I would probably make the jersey numbers and stripes a darker blue to match the star on the helmet. Maybe make the facemask dark blue?

Before:

http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/random%20stuff/cowboysunibefore.jpg

After:

http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/random%20stuff/cowboysuniafter.jpg

That would make us look more like the Lions......uhhhh no!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How about we just petition the NFL to let our Cheerleaders cheer naked?

:rolleyes:

You don't tug on Superman's cape..

You don't spit into the wind...

You don't pull the mask off the Ol Lone Ranger...

And you DON'T MESS WITH THE COWBOYS UNI!!

:cool:

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I found this concept on http://sportslogos.net

CowboysUpdate.png

Tractor1

Reaction score
newcster68;1805944 said:
You know there have been many teams in the NFL that have completely overhauled their teams looks and appearance with some looking much better than the old uniforms. Could the Dallas Cowboys be heading for a new look if they win the Super Bowl?

Example:

Jersey might be a nice royal blue color with the 2 large stars on the shoulder in solid white with a red trim around the star and white number on the chest with red outline. v-collar with red and white trim. The Cowboys name just below the v-trim.

Pants would be solid white with a red and blur line down the side with white in the middle.

Helmet would be a shiny white color with red and blue stripe up the middle with white in between and of course a star logo on the side pointing downward with 2 or three small white lines giving it that shooting star look or even a logo similar to the Pats but modified a bit different.

I think this uniform would definately give the Cowboys that "America's Team" look.

The Cowboys have had the same dreary looking uniform for years. I am even starting to like the throwback look better.

What is your opinion or ideas on how a change could give a new fresh look to the Cowboys Orginization?

SACRILEGE :star:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
the only thing i want is for the blue on the white jersey to match the blue on the helmet.......give me that and I am totally happy.

I will say this though.....I still wouldnt mind a silver uniform with blue letters.....I think that would be sweet...but I doubt that will ever happen.

Warick

Reaction score
Without the blue mask.

http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/random%20stuff/cowboysuniafter02.jpg

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
otero1;1806923 said:
I found this concept on http://sportslogos.net

CowboysUpdate.png

i like it, except for the silver helmet with the throwbacks......that looks tacky. Too bad they dont have an all silver uniform, with blue numbers and letters...that would be sweet

theanimal23

Reaction score
We should never change our white Jerseys. Ever. The blue ones are alright. I love our throwbacks too. I like wearing those on Thanksgivings and Holidays.

sacase

Reaction score
newcster68;1805944 said:

Example:

please stay away from the LSD or the shrooms.....whatever one you are on......Dallas, never needs to change their uniform, it is classic. Keep it that way.

wick

Reaction score
Warick;1806987 said:
Without the blue mask.

http://i3.***BLOCKED***/albums/y67/Warick/random%20stuff/cowboysuniafter02.jpg

This is a big improvement, IMO. That's how they used to be in the '70s, though the font was thinner. I just don't like the royal blue numbers.

Mansta54

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1805966 said:
The Cowboys helmets are the most beautiful thing in sports.

If nothing else, America should change it colors to match the Cowboys.

:hammer:

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
kbman;1805986 said:
The reason all other teams tweak their uni's is because they somehow need to enhance their image. It's a gimmick. The Cowboys are not a gimmick, they have the best uni's in all sports period.

Actually Michigan does.

wahoofan22

Reaction score
I've always thought black cleats make uniforms look better (even the Skins), but it wouldn't work with ours - unless we went with darker blue. It looks sweet the way it is.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Is your real name Jerry?

Quit product testing on Cowboy forums Mr. Jones!