Could this be a team that blossoms late in the year?

Jipper

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I have very little if any hope for this team to get past the 49ers - but the only hope I have is the question as to whether they could be a team that gels late in the year....

3 key reasons-

1) offensive scheme is new, takes time for them to get in sync

2) oline has to come together, they have had 2 games together as a full unit in 2 years

3) Lots of Young guys and guys returning from injury

Dak is still what he is so it may not matter but coupling this with the schedule downn the stretch, it could be a hope...or I could just be getting sucked back into this bad dream again

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All it takes is talent, experience and LUCK to make a SB run. Maybe Dallas' problems with multiple injuries are over and the team can now gel.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
The Giants won a Super Bowl after starting 0-2, and talk about firing the coach. Sometimes it’s about who gets hot (and healthy) at the right time. It’s not always about WHO you play, but rather WHEN you play them. It’s a long season, and the story lines will change 100 times, after teams get beat by teams they shouldn’t, teams you thought were no god emerge. Let it all play out. If the outcomes were known, they wouldn’t need to play the games.
And besides, someone else could knock out the 49ers and we might not need to play them again. You just never know how things are going to shake out.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? No.

This team is inconsistent, undisciplined, sensitive, and plays soft against top competition.

Throw in an offense that underachieves, a bunch of injuries, a QB that disappears on the big stage, and a HC who regularly makes management blunders and that’s a lot to overcome in order to beat a team like SF.

Philly? I think we can beat that team. Contending for the division? Yes. Conference? I’d give them a puncher’s chance.

Other teams will lose games and go through injuries and adversity too. I guess we will know who we are by Thanksgiving ala Bill Parcells lol

lopey

Reaction score
Not with the coaches we have. Team is to undisciplined. Takes to many penalties. Also we have zero creativity on offense and a QB who has hit his ceiling and may have regressed

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I have very little if any hope for this team to get past the 49ers - but the only hope I have is the question as to whether they could be a team that gels late in the year....

3 key reasons-

2) oline has to come together, they have had 2 games together as a full unit in 2 years

Dak is still what he is so it may not matter but coupling this with the schedule downn the stretch, it could be a hope...or I could just be getting sucked back into this bad dream again
WHY NOT BTW first off 4-2 os NOT A slow start, lmao 1 game out from the best records in the league..hmm all these overactions continue.. you are what your record says you are , correct? 1 game out that what we are hardly late bloomer..jeez!! could we be better could we be cleaner could we be more dominant sure..

Back on topic, YES it's happened to a couple of teams like the 49ers and the Bengal's of late.. . how about the 2018 dallas cowboys started 3-5 finished 10-6 made it to the second round of the playoffs..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

3 key reasons-

no we're not philly or one of the other teams that catches fire late in the year, we let ourselves down every year

Jipper

Reaction score
WHY NOT BTW first off 4-2 os NOT A slow start, lmao 1 game out from the best records in the league..hmm all these overactions continue.. you are what your record says you are , correct? 1 game out that what we are hardly late bloomer..jeez!! could we be better could we be cleaner could we be more dominant sure..

Back on topic, YES it's happened to a couple of teams like the 49ers and the Bengal's of late.. . how about the 2018 dallas cowboys started 3-5 finished 10-6 made it to the second round of the playoffs..
Well I wouldn't say I was over reacting one way or another - I was simply pointing out that the team has had some issues that could naturally resolve themselves to take the team from a good 4-2 team that will sniff or be a low playoff seed to a true contender.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't say I was over reacting one way or another - I was simply pointing out that the team has had some issues that could naturally resolve themselves to take the team from a good 4-2 team that will sniff or be a low playoff seed to a true contender.
yeah but you're acting as if we started 2-4 vs 4-2, that's the tone around here not just your post..its sad that fans act as this is terrible start we need to recover from one game out LOL ...

Jipper

Reaction score
yeah but you're acting as if we started 2-4 vs 4-2, that's the tone around here not just your post..its sad that fans act as this is terrible start we need to recover from one game out LOL ...
I'm not acting like anything - I'm pointing out we have had some challenges that could take the team to the top level- you are interpreting incorrectly- I actually think my post was pretty balanced.

Big D

Reaction score
At this point we know we're not the team that peaked too soon so it's definitely a possibility. MM has had the team ramping up towards the end of the season typically. If it continues we'll be in good shape come playoff time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not acting like anything - I'm pointing out we have had some challenges that could take the team to the top level- you are interpreting incorrectly- I actually think my post was pretty balanced.
so the FEEL of this place the last 3 weeks since the az loss is not what im suggesting.,. OH please!! :facepalm: .. need to bloom same thing shrouded in better words.;):popcorn::muttley:we see you

DuncanIso

Reaction score

3 key reasons-

I hope so.

The scrubs at RB and the Basic offense don’t leave much optimism.

Our offense is so freaking boring.

Jipper

Reaction score
so the FEEL of this place the last 3 weeks since the az loss is not what im suggesting.,. OH please!! :facepalm: .. need to bloom same thing shrouded in better words.;):popcorn::muttley:we see you
Not sure what you are getting at exactly but again my point is this team will be a finge playoff team with their schedule - hoping the 3 items I pointed out resolve naturally and it allows them to change the trajectory to be able to compete with the top couple of teams.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

3 key reasons-

I hope so, but if MM doesn't address play calling, it won't blossom into anything........and the OL

Jipper

Reaction score
I hope so.

The scrubs at RB and the Basic offense don’t leave much optimism.

Our offense is so freaking boring.
It is bur how much of it is due to only being 6 games into the new coordinator and scheme, and how much is due to play calling ...and how much is due to execution and players? Just don't know