Could this be a team that blossoms late in the year?

shabazz

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I have very little if any hope for this team to get past the 49ers - but the only hope I have is the question as to whether they could be a team that gels late in the year....

3 key reasons-

1) offensive scheme is new, takes time for them to get in sync

2) oline has to come together, they have had 2 games together as a full unit in 2 years

3) Lots of Young guys and guys returning from injury

Dak is still what he is so it may not matter but coupling this with the schedule downn the stretch, it could be a hope...or I could just be getting sucked back into this bad dream again
Some of these things may very well happen but in the end I still believe this roster is overrated.

we and the media thought that we had the best defense in the NFL and then we saw them get beat up by the Cardinals and Niners………it was a myth built by facing Daniel Jones and Zach Wilson

Don't even get me started on the offense because they are even more overrated.

I will enjoys watching each game in the regular season so anything accomplished beyond that would be a surprise.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve been saying this for a month. SB’s aren’t won in October. The Bengals looked dead and have now reeled off a couple of wins. The Jags lost their first two and have now won 4 in a row.

How many times have we come out on fire and then faltered at the end? I would rather just keep stacking wins and than hit our footing come December.

visionary

Reaction score
Nope

No run game
Cant stop the run
Average QB
Bad scheme
Lack of discipline

I could go on but that should be enough

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I have very little if any hope for this team to get past the 49ers - but the only hope I have is the question as to whether they could be a team that gels late in the year....

3 key reasons-

2) oline has to come together, they have had 2 games together as a full unit in 2 years

Dak is still what he is so it may not matter but coupling this with the schedule downn the stretch, it could be a hope...or I could just be getting sucked back into this bad dream again
Definitely, there is plenty of unrealized potential in the OL, the TE group, WRs. It's amazing they're 4-2 despite the fact that they have lacked any decent execution. If the offense can pull itself together the defense will benefit greatly...

Flamma

Reaction score

3 key reasons-

I'd say no. Only because this team usually fades towards the end of the season. But your 3 reasons give me some hope.

Back in 1981 the Cowboys went to San Francisco in week 6. Dallas lost 45-14. You can watch the game. It was every bit as bad as our last game against the 49ers. That same year the met in the NFCCG. The 49ers were lucky to win that game. Had Cowboys WR Doug Donley caught that 3rd and 5, no one would be talking about "The Catch". I'm certainly not confident we can get past the 49ers, but I highly doubt we have another game like two weeks ago. Just like I don't think we'll beat the Giants 40-0 the next time we face them.

DanA

Reaction score
It's possible but there are a few issues:
  • The O-line is not healthy right now, what shape are they in at the end of the season?
  • Pollard is taking too many carries, how are his legs at the end of the season?
  • We've lost our 3rd round pick for the season, and aren't getting much from the others....will that change?

My guess is all three of these continue to be an issue but it's possible that turns around.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah for sure. Any team can really. It's better to find an identity as the year goes on IMO. But, only if they fix/improve certain things in the offense, I'll be more confident:

1. Utilize KT more in the middle of the field.
  2. Stop trying to feature MG. (Maybe they were trying to feature for a trade?)
  3. Stop trying run TP up A/B gaps so much. Look how Jax uses Etienne, something similar to that IMO would be more effective.
  4. Fix OL identity issues. Continuity will improve with time.
  5. Tolbert needs more field time.
  6. Whatever else I missed.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

3 key reasons-

I think its likely. They are 6 games into an offense that historically takes 2 seasons to master.

GMO415

Reaction score
Late in the year? You see that later schedule? Hahaha. JK. Yes they are putting the pieces together nicely.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Blossom or not with 2 losses already they need to reel off a 4 game win streak put pressure on Philly for the division . I think another WC is an early exit .

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course they can put it together and get hot.
Of course this will turn into bagging on one player as usual.

Why are our fans so scared for. Don't give me ...but, but, but ...we can't get by this team or that team (but I know it is coming). Those teams may be very different as well, and not for the better.

Long way to go, not scared of any team. But we do have some issues to get sorted out. Penalties being the main one, which may help with red zone scoring.

rambo2

Reaction score
The Cowboys have as good a chance as any team. The 49ers and the Eagles could very well fall apart. Samuel, McCaffrey, Williams , and Lane Johnson already have injury issues.

Praxit

Reaction score
..nothing wrong with optimism. We have the pieces.

Just a matter of putting them in right places. (coaching)

One major factor is HEALTH. If we can manage that sector.

We should be ok, late into year.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If and it's a big IF they can get the offense going yea there is hope. But right now the defense is expected to do too much just to give the team a shot at winning. That won't last vs good teams.

rambo2

Reaction score
If and it's a big IF they can get the offense going yea there is hope. But right now the defense is expected to do too much just to give the team a shot at winning. That won't last vs good teams.
Will the good teams last?