Could this be a team that blossoms late in the year?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The Giants won a Super Bowl after starting 0-2, and talk about firing the coach. Sometimes it’s about who gets hot (and healthy) at the right time. It’s not always about WHO you play, but rather WHEN you play them. It’s a long season, and the story lines will change 100 times, after teams get beat by teams they shouldn’t, teams you thought were no god emerge. Let it all play out. If the outcomes were known, they wouldn’t need to play the games.
And besides, someone else could knock out the 49ers and we might not need to play them again. You just never know how things are going to shake out.
Good post, and I agree. The universe is a fantastical place and anything is possible!

I have my reservations about the Cowboys doing that, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'll start by saying I have very little if any hope for this team to get past the 49ers - but the only hope I have is the question as to whether they could be a team that gels late in the year....

3 key reasons-

1) offensive scheme is new, takes time for them to get in sync

2) oline has to come together, they have had 2 games together as a full unit in 2 years

3) Lots of Young guys and guys returning from injury

Dak is still what he is so it may not matter but coupling this with the schedule downn the stretch, it could be a hope...or I could just be getting sucked back into this bad dream again
Injuries will tell us a lot. Some you can overcome and some cripple you. I do think the new rules concerning injured reserve help some with that, but it's tough losing players like Diggs for the year.

However, I do agree that the offense could hit its stride later since it is adjusting to a different play-caller and other aspects of playing together. Even when you've only made a few changes to your lineup, it can take a while for everything to click into place.

Of course, since we haven't seen this team go into the playoffs on a major upswing in a long, long time (where it was better later than it was earlier), it's easy to be skeptical.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I have very little if any hope for this team to get past the 49ers - but the only hope I have is the question as to whether they could be a team that gels late in the year....

3 key reasons-

2) oline has to come together, they have had 2 games together as a full unit in 2 years

Dak is still what he is so it may not matter but coupling this with the schedule downn the stretch, it could be a hope...or I could just be getting sucked back into this bad dream again
Are you serious? After the 9er beatdown, this team was seriously exposed for who they really are and it isn't a playoff team. The Cowboys were very fortunate to get out of California win a victory over a Charger's team that appears to have the same main issue that the Cowboys have and that's an overpaid, over hyped QB who doesn't have the ability to get to the next level. This Cowboy team just doesn't have the heart or balls to stand up for it's self when they go up against the playground bullies of the NFL................................

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think staying healthy is what we need to do to elevate over other teams.

I don’t see this team as a team that will grow and get better. They’ve played phenomenal football and times and we know that big games Dak will go into a shell.

This is why I’d be all in for Henry for this team for this season.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
All it takes is talent, experience and LUCK to make a SB run. Maybe Dallas' problems with multiple injuries are over and the team can now gel.
Anything can happen but first you have to get in the tournament. Get hot at the right time and it is possible to make a SB run.

rambo2

Reaction score
Are you serious? After the 9er beatdown, this team was seriously exposed for who they really are and it isn't a playoff team. The Cowboys were very fortunate to get out of California win a victory over a Charger's team that appears to have the same main issue that the Cowboys have and that's an overpaid, over hyped QB who doesn't have the ability to get to the next level. This Cowboy team just doesn't have the heart or balls to stand up for it's self when they go up against the playground bullies of the NFL................................
Study football history. The Cowboys have been to the Super Bowl numerous times after similar beatdowns.

Kellsbells

Reaction score
Study football history. The Cowboys have been to the Super Bowl numerous times after similar beatdowns.
And I bet if you look back at all previous Super Bowl winners, many of them had some bad losses within that year.

ShortRound

Reaction score
No matter what we will come to a situation where Dak has to win it with the game on the line. He has to get it done.

I’ve seen that movie before.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

3 key reasons-

They can beat the 49’ers. They just have to show up with their big boy pants on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have a feeling injuries are going to continue to eat away at us. It started in training camp and it hasn’t let up. When you look at our remaining schedule, I think the first 6 games was as good as it’s going to get.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'd say no. Only because this team usually fades towards the end of the season. But your 3 reasons give me some hope.

Back in 1981 the Cowboys went to San Francisco in week 6. Dallas lost 45-14. You can watch the game. It was every bit as bad as our last game against the 49ers. That same year the met in the NFCCG. The 49ers were lucky to win that game. Had Cowboys WR Doug Donley caught that 3rd and 5, no one would be talking about "The Catch". I'm certainly not confident we can get past the 49ers, but I highly doubt we have another game like two weeks ago. Just like I don't think we'll beat the Giants 40-0 the next time we face them.
As much as that used to be true it is no longer true.. Think about it where is the fading when you're 12 and five you only have five losses where was all the fading? playoffs maybe but that would be everyone but the sb winner?? 2018 started 3-5 finished 10-6 hardly a fade. Even 2020 bad year all around transitional coaching, covid, injuries finished 3-1

by the way sometimes the schedule dictates that I mean how many road games have we had late in the season and how many coming off those three games in 12 days are late in the season we've had back-to-back some of those after TG etc ... I just think you're generalizing from old memories.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No, they will fade per the norm.
SHOW ME...

As much as that used to be true it is no longer true.. Think about it where is the fading when you're 12 and five you only have five losses where was all the fading? playoffs maybe but that would be everyone but the sb winner?? 2018 started 3-5 finished 10-6 hardly a fade. Even 2020 bad year all around transitional coaching, covid, injuries finished 3-1

by the way sometimes the schedule dictates that I mean how many road games have we had late in the season and how many coming off those three games in 12 days are late in the season we've had back-to-back some of those after TG etc ... I just think you're generalizing from old memories.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still remember the Cinderella season. Anything can happen... we need to keep the faith.

rambo2

Reaction score
I still remember the Cinderella season. Anything can happen... we need to keep the faith.
Sure it can one team has things go their way and 31 don't. The 49ers had things going their way last year and then they lost their qb and it was season over. The Chiefs had the best team a couple of years ago and then they lost their offensive tackles and the football gods gave the championship to Brady. It will come down to the football gods again and they don't care who wins.