Could Washington be tougher than we thought?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
As teams get more film on him DCs will figure out weaknesses and he’ll come down to earth a bit.
Never fails.
Yup just like RG3. But I tell you what. I wish Trey Lance looked as good as Jayden Daniels has looked so far.

coult44

Reaction score
They are winning the division....Coaching matters....Dan Quinn is proving that. They were aggressive in free agency....hit on the draft when they got Daniels......the new Commanders reign has arrived...ahead of schedule.
Save this receipt, I think you’ll want to take this one back FW

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Looking at them, young QB looks pretty decent, what are your thoughts on Washington, Philly doesn't look good too many injuries, NYG, next subject!!
Legit Commanders have the best QB in the division 4 weeks in…. that should let them be competitive all season

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It would be a big mistake to underestimate them.

Very talented young QB. Good running game. A good receiver. Solid OL. Solid DL.

Cowboys took a step back roster wise AND we are now decimated with injuries.
Yeah the commanders are capable of beating the cowboys. I’m not saying they will. But I don’t expect either game to be the cakewalks the cowboys had the last few years.
I tried to say that last week and somebody here basically said I was an idiot for doing so. We haven't played them yet so I'm reserving judgment for a while...

Blitzen

Reaction score
Stop strawmaning people just to make you point. It's weird.

The reality is Stroud and now Daniel is the exception not the rule. Too many Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Bryce Young, Justin Fields ect. Lets also stop pretending we had a top 5 pick or would be willing to give up the next 3 years of 1st to move up and gamble on one of these guys...

Why is this so hard to comprehend.

How is it so hard to comprehend that Dallas is a very different team than those squads that took those QB’s? Who knows how good some of them would look on the Dallas teams the previous 3 seasons, or the one from 2016?

Everyone does the apple to apple comparison even though it’s absurd. Whether Dallas made a good decision by staying with Dak will depend on team results during the rest of his tenure. And it’s not like several QB’s drafted in the first or second round have already accomplished much more than Dak (even though they were drafted after him).

The team did not have to make a move on his contract no matter what his stats were last season. The Jones’ bet on the relevance teams with Dak have provided. Let’s see if the team can deliver the around the rim results so many seem impressed by.

superonyx

Reaction score
How is it so hard to comprehend that Dallas is a very different team than those squads that took those QB’s? Who knows how good some of them would look on the Dallas teams the previous 3 seasons, or the one from 2016?

Everyone does the apple to apple comparison even though it’s absurd. Whether Dallas made a good decision by staying with Dak will depend on team results during the rest of his tenure. And it’s not like several QB’s drafted in the first or second round have already accomplished much more than Dak (even though they were drafted after him).

The team did not have to make a move on his contract no matter what his stats were last season. The Jones’ bet on the relevance teams with Dak have provided. Let’s see if the team can deliver the around the rim results so many seem impressed by.
The problem is your point does not explain away the very high bust rate of first round QB's. Its cute to compare only the 1 or 2 that have done well and ignore the rest while not taking into consideration that we would have had to give up on several years drafts just to possibly end up with a Justin Fields.

Blitzen

Reaction score
The problem is your point does not explain away the very high bust rate of first round QB's. Its cute to compare only the 1 or 2 that have done well and ignore the rest while not taking into consideration that we would have had to give up on several years drafts just to possibly end up with a Justin Fields.

It does not have to mean going into the top 5. Most teams that are drafting in the top 5 have broken teams (lots of them missing draft assets in order to move so high).

Desperation and lack of long term job security in the front office is the biggest reason for failure of young QB’s, coaching staffs, and the aforementioned front offices. Forcing the pick early and then playing the QB way too early are the results of this all too common environment.

Also, since so many franchises clear house so often, it leads to a cycle that feeds itself. The biggest thing that I think leads to fairly consistent regular season success in Dallas is ironically the same front office and draft personnel year after year.

gtb1943

Reaction score
It does not have to mean going into the top 5. Most teams that are drafting in the top 5 have broken teams (lots of them missing draft assets in order to move so high).

Desperation and lack of long term job security in the front office is the biggest reason for failure of young QB’s, coaching staffs, and the aforementioned front offices. Forcing the pick early and then playing the QB way too early are the results of this all too common environment.

Also, since so many franchises clear house so often, it leads to a cycle that feeds itself. The biggest thing that I think leads to fairly consistent regular season success in Dallas is ironically the same front office and draft personnel year after year.
and do not leave out the simple fact that most QBs coming into the NFL do not turn out to be world beaters
from any year if you get two or three really good ones that is unusual
many years you will get one good one and a couple of decent backups
the demand for excellent QBs will ALWAYS far exceed the supply

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My belief is the same every year: The NFL is completely unpredictable and unlike college football, the gaps in talent between the best and worst teams are really thin. Any team can beat any other team on any given week.

Underestimating opponents is just what fans do every year looking at the schedule.

plasticman

Reaction score
Washington's QB is plug and play. He looks like a veteran.

They got six of the top 100 players in the draft this year, including #2 overall. They drafted a McCaffrey brother and he's caught everything thrown at him. Noah Brown too, for that matter.

Today they scored on all of their last five possessions.

Those ex-Cowboys coaches have them playing hard so far in Washington's 2nd year under new ownership.

Yes, Washington is going to be tougher now and in the future.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
I asked for your thoughts sheesh I can't do all the thinking here
Thoughts and prayers for the Dallas Cowboy team. They have numerous beatings of biblical proportions to come this season. Washington matches up well against Dallas weakneses and they are playing much better football this year.

They will win at least one out of two against Dallas this year.

exciter

Reaction score
Yup just like RG3. But I tell you what. I wish Trey Lance looked as good as Jayden Daniels has looked so far.
I’m in Louisiana and thought Daniels was way overrated the last 2 years and still don’t believe Lance could sniff at him.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Well it certainly looks like they finally found their QB, they may even pass Dallas in a couple years.