Couple of Tweets from Hardy

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Ben got accused TWICE of rape. He only got off because he paid his way out. Of course you can't take pictures of the horrible mental scars and anguish left on a rape victim so no one cares because it doesn't sell or generate clicks.

I don't respect Ben either. Wouldn't want him on my team.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Ben got accused TWICE of rape. He only got off because he paid his way out. Of course you can't take pictures of the horrible mental scars and anguish left on a rape victim so no one cares because it doesn't sell or generate clicks.

Different culture. Social media is a much bigger PR factor nowadays. The combination of that influence, Hardy's talent and the spotlight of a 'because Dallas' mentality is driving the more pronounced response.

Nav22

Reaction score
I know they would. I remember all the hate over Big Ben. lol

But do you remember the media OUTRAGE over the Steelers welcoming Ben back to the team after his suspension?

Of course not. Because it didn't happen. And therein lies the difference.

gmoney112

Reaction score
This wasn't around the water cooler. This was in public.

"in public"

This is a topic that amuses me to a great deal. It's always extremely funny to me those that, in private, use coarse and vulgar language, but as soon as someone says it "in public" it's a travesty.

Personally, I don't care. I respect him more for it actually. I have numerous accolades for my age, and have encountered a variety of personalities in the corporate and legal world that, by all accounts, are supposed to be "PC", when the reality was the exact opposite.

If it's too much for you, don't watch NFL players who, by and large, have an 8th grade education equivalency and have been usurped through the education system because of natural ability.

I have a feeling though, that you've heard worse and you're judging him by his past transgressions instead of taking his statement at face value. That's all well and good, everyone's entitled to his or her opinion, but there was nothing "stupid" about his statement. I thought it was pretty funny actually.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think it's too much of a coincidence that he's saying it right after those pictures were released and right before tomorrow when he's going to get bashed by the talking heads from sun up to sun down. But yea it;s just my opinion. I don't know it as fact.

You could be right, too. However, if someone was telling him the right things to say... he would have been saying it all along, both in the offseason and all the way up until the pre-New England game comments about Brady's wife and the Guns Blazing.

Of course, they could have recently started giving him "advice" on what to say but it is, as you say, just a guess.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This falls into the category of 'nice to hear, but I kind of don't care at this point' for me. It was a misdemeanor probationary offense with conflicting reports as to what happened. When he played for another team. It's been expunged, the suspensions have been served, she's either been compensated, or has decided for her own reasons to let the matter go. And now he's expressed regret over twitter. Great. None of it really has to do with anything going forward. And I'm getting sick of talking about it. If you don't like the guy and hate that he's a Cowboy, that's ok. That's how I felt about Deion Sanders, Pacman Jones, and T.O. Welcome to the club, where sometimes we have players on our favorite team that we really don't like.

We'll still all be hopping up and down for each sack he gets from here on out.

xvendettax914

Reaction score
His timing is atrocious. Would he have said this if those photos weren't leaked?

I love his product on the field, but this screams "I'm sorry I got caught" to me.

To me it screams say "something" because we're the Cowboys. And we have to say "something" if he were in Jacksonville these pics don't even hit the local tabloids.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm really dreading tomorrows game not because its against the Iggles but because what the media is going to do all game before and after. Its going to be a Greg Hardy Smear fest. Before the game, after the game, and during the game. its going to be blown so out of proportion its not even going to be funny. They are going to try and bring down the Cowboys entire organization.

your right , they will bring it up more than once if game is slow.
I think it has been brought up in every game so far/

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We're going to need a Hardy Zone at this rate.

DC.com just banned Hardy threads !! not sure why , maybe it came from cowboys?
you cant start a hardy thread there now. others were closed . so no talking about hardy!

I am tired of it, so no big deal to me.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The pictures shouldn't change anything about what we knew about the Hardy situation but it's sad that they do. For me, the pictures bothered me in a way to wonder why Hardy had not shown more contrition. Why hasn't he shown any remorse. It's insane. He knew he did this. He knew yet, hadn't shown regrets publically. To me, that's just sorry as hell and the tweets today should've been done the week he came back from suspension rather than talk about Brady's wife. I don't know if he's a bad person. I think he needs help because his issues go back prior to his professional career. I rarely root for individual players, I root for the Star. He's a fantastic football player and he can help us win. It's possible to separate the two, the man and the player. I dunno, I hope he gets the help he needs.

dogberry

Reaction score
Is Mrs Brady unique in the NFL?

A top model with an income much greater than her husband is what she is. Does she have a larger world wide footprint than Tom? Is there wife like her in football?

Given my age, my primary advertising interest is pre-paid funeral products, she doesn't appear to be a major player in that market.

With regard to Ms Holder and Mr Hardy, my interests are in the right of person to be secure in his home and the general lack of curiosity about Hardy's facial wound.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
"in public"

This is a topic that amuses me to a great deal. It's always extremely funny to me those that, in private, use coarse and vulgar language, but as soon as someone says it "in public" it's a travesty.

Personally, I don't care. I respect him more for it actually. I have numerous accolades for my age, and have encountered a variety of personalities in the corporate and legal world that, by all accounts, are supposed to be "PC", when the reality was the exact opposite.

If it's too much for you, don't watch NFL players who, by and large, have an 8th grade education equivalency and have been usurped through the education system because of natural ability.

I have a feeling though, that you've heard worse and you're judging him by his past transgressions instead of taking his statement at face value. That's all well and good, everyone's entitled to his or her opinion, but there was nothing "stupid" about his statement. I thought it was pretty funny actually.

I'm not talking about most NFL players. He's being accused of assault and the first thing he talks about is Brady's wife. He has to know what the fall out is going to be. He should have said exactly what he said in those tweets. He's going to be under a microscope . He has to be smarter than that. If it was somebody else who said it I wouldn't have cared and I don't think anyone else would have either.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
His timing is atrocious. Would he have said this if those photos weren't leaked?

I love his product on the field, but this screams "I'm sorry I got caught" to me.

Do you think it would of been smart to ignore the photos?? Would not that scream arrogance?

I know it may "look" like he is saying it now because he got caught, but to not say anything would be much worse.

Before the pictures, it was personal and his responsibility was more local in his life. His only responsibility to us fans was his honoring his contact on and off the field. He has done that real well.

Release of the pics kind of put his business and made it is in which he felt he must respond, and rightfully did so.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

Some of you people utterly amaze me. The guy has a stripper crack ***** (who had been doing cocaine and drinking) trying to get money from him and in order to get her to leave his place he ends up getting cut and his assistant has to restrain the girl to get her out of the place which is most likely how she got the bruises. Hardy calls 911. Everybody that knows Hardy well says violence is not his MO. The WOMAN bench judge finds him guilty, oh BTW, a woman judge who went easy on a guy for DV and then the guy ends up killing the girl in the future so maybe, just maybe she's reacting in this situation. On appeal, which is normal by the way in this NC goofy justice system, the case falls apart and is dismissed because the girl's story isnt consistent.

None of us were there so we dont really know what happened, but in any normal and rational way of looking at it a sane person who is willing to take a few minutes and look at ALL the evidence would realize that the mediot and presstitute sound bites and agenda are anything but accurate.

We've got posters on here blasting Hardy based on sketchy and inconsistent testimony and bashing any fans that dont condemn him, yet have spent months and months defending known cheaters for letting air out of footballs denying real evidence.

We've got other posters calling Hardy a POS and dont want him on the team.

Why? Who knows, but one thing is for certain. Its either because they havent bothered to look at the details, and/or like the mediots and presstitutes there is an agenda that must go on and facts and truth are irrelevant.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's pretty obvious by now that Hardy is very likely under pressure to redeem himself by confessing publicly and apologizing for his past transgressions. He'll never be a choir boy nor boy scout but at least he's belatedly making an attempt to redeem himself, despite it being later than what we'd prefer to see and hear.

I'm not nearly ready to declare him "good guy of the year" as yet but at least, it's a start. Let's just see how he's able to follow up on his first "step in the right direction" in the future. With most of us being far from perfect, perhaps this is a reasonably good time to avoid casting stones at one who might finally decide to confront his demons.

Last edited: