Couple of Tweets from Hardy

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
This should help Dallas sign him to a more team friendly deal. But you just know, guilty or not, some other woman is gonna be looking for a payout from him. And when it goes public, it is over for him whether he did anything or not. That's the media driven world we live in.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It's pretty obvious by now that Hardy is very likely under pressure to redeem himself by confessing publicly and apologizing for his past transgressions. He'll never be a choir boy nor boy scout but at least he's belatedly making an attempt to redeem himself, despite it being later than what we'd prefer to see and hear.

I'm not nearly ready to declare him "good guy of the year" as yet but at least, it's a start. Let's just see how he's able to follow up on his first "step in the right direction" in the future. With most of us being far from perfect, perhaps this is a reasonably good time to avoid casting stones at one who might finally decide to confront his demons.
what if he really is mostly innocent? You seem to think that is impossible. Wonder why?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If this guy wasn't a Cowboy most people here would be all over him.

And some fans have opinions the opposite. If he was on another team, they would take the high road and say the opposite of what they are currently saying. And say forgive him.

All this works both ways, people with have and form their owns opinions. Rather they way they were raised, or from personal experience or to be PC. Some will have a level way of thinking, some will be biased no matter what, no matter which way they think or feel.

It's like the deal with signing or not signing a player. If we do it, or don't do it, our FO sucks and don't have a clue. If another team does it, or does not do it, they are brilliant.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
His timing is atrocious. Would he have said this if those photos weren't leaked?

I love his product on the field, but this screams "I'm sorry I got caught" to me.

Here's the thing.

I love this guy as a player... But he loses control. It's that simple.

"All this has happened before and it will happen again"

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
what if he really is mostly innocent? You seem to think that is impossible. Wonder why?

I seriously doubt if any of us have a real handle on what exactly happened between Hardy and his ex-flame.
I neither condemn him nor praise him but rather choose to give him a chance to vindicate himself in the future. That's considerably more than many are willing to offer him. Yet, with others, he's practically a hero. Go figure.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score

It seems like people don't understand that. What if they were in the same situation? What if they were more innocent than not, and they had the majority of the sports world media vilifying them in public to generate a sanctimonious outrage, inducing a "mob mentality" for agendas, ratings, and clicks, from many people who don't know the entire story saying a lot of horrible things about them? How would they feel and react?

cej757

Reaction score
He's being pressured to do this. He should have said it weeks ago instead of his comments about Tom Brady's wife. Oh well at least he said it. that's something I guess.

Oh please he was clearly joking about Brady's wife and sister. I hear people all of the time comment on Brady's wife. The same Mrs Brady who called out Tom's teammates after a Super Bowl loss saying Tom can't throw the ball and catch it at the same time.

If he said this about Michael Vicks wife no one would've said a thing. But oh how dare he say something about the beautiful Giselle.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Oh please he was clearly joking about Brady's wife and sister. I hear people all of the time comment on Brady's wife. The same Mrs Brady who called out Tom's teammates after a Super Bowl loss saying Tom can't throw the ball and catch it at the same time.

If he said this about Michael Vicks wife no one would've said a thing. But oh how dare he say something about the beautiful Giselle.

I'm not talking about most NFL players. He's being accused of assault and the first thing he talks about is Brady's wife. He has to know what the fall out is going to be. He should have said exactly what he said in those tweets. He's going to be under a microscope . He has to be smarter than that. If it was somebody else who said it I wouldn't have cared and I don't think anyone else would have either.

It could have been any woman. Stupid is as stupid does.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is Mrs Brady unique in the NFL?

A top model with an income much greater than her husband is what she is. Does she have a larger world wide footprint than Tom? Is there wife like her in football?
I think it's safe to say Bundchen is the exception to the rule. Some googling suggests there was a dating relationship between Victoria Secret model Erin Heatherton and Dolphins' tight end Jordan Cameron. If true, I would guess Heatherton's net worth exceeds Cameron's and probably by a significant margin. I think the existing comparables end there.

Brady is primarily associated with American football and huge in the States. His wife is an international supermodel. My guess is that Bundchen is more largely recognizable in the non-American football influenced world than her husband.
Given my age, my primary advertising interest is pre-paid funeral products, she doesn't appear to be a major player in that market.
:laugh:

Maybe she will break into the casket modeling industry in her later years. :)
With regard to Ms Holder and Mr Hardy, my interests are in the right of person to be secure in his home and the general lack of curiosity about Hardy's facial wound.
I share the same curiosity for those two points. In addition, I'm interested in the lack of general media interest in Hardy's behavior in his past relationships. The U.S. Department of Justice documents studies on rearrests of domestic abusers occurring as high or greater than 60%. The data suggests Hardy was a ticking domestic abusing time bomb that exploded on Holder after a previous unknown aggression OR an explosion that will happen for another victim in the future.

Of course, aggression can be initiated for various reasons. What caused Hardy to go off on Holder? Has Hardy gone ballistic on previous partners? If so, when are those accounts going to surface publicly? Do any prior accounts exist TO surface? And finally, what does it mean if Hardy doesn't commit domestic abuse in the future despite how likely that eventuality should happen?

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/225722.pdf