Courtland Sutton will wear a Star

Gaede

Reaction score
Not a fan. I think he has the most potential, yes, but I'm getting a major bust vibe

cowboyec

Reaction score
Sutton made official visit today.
they love to draft from that 30 list.
just sayin'.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Trade back in the first. Unless someone falls I HATE the value at 19

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
rashaan evans@19.
move up to get Sutton.
BUT.
sure is lotta chatter @19...would not surprise me at all.
I’m off the lb wagon. I saw a few games from last year recently and the lbs weren’t that bad. It’s just when scrubs like Durant get playing time it’s an issue. I think we can draft a guy in round 4 and sign Bowman and be fine at lb.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I’m off the lb wagon. I saw a few games from last year recently and the lbs weren’t that bad. It’s just when scrubs like Durant get playing time it’s an issue. I think we can draft a guy in round 4 and sign Bowman and be fine at lb.
James Daniels@19...move up to get Sutton.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Overview
Sutton is a possession receiver who has the size and toughness to handle a heavier target load if necessary, but he will need to improve as a route runner because his play speed and separation is nothing special. Sutton's ability to win in contested catch situations could get him early playing time as a second or third receiver, but he may not have the explosiveness to ever become a top-flight WR1.

Strengths
  • Has big, durable frame for heavy lifting
  • Inaccurate quarterback limited potential of his production over last two seasons
  • Doesn't get hung up easily by contact
  • Willing worker in the middle of traffic
  • Unfazed by oncoming contact and is able to focus throughout the catch process
  • Plays like basketball big man
  • Puts defender on his hip and keeps him there on slants and crossing routes
  • Uses body positioning and extended catch radius to pry open throwing window for his quarterback
  • Uses subtle, calculated hand-fighting that allows for sudden, late separation on jump balls
  • Consistent at working back to underthrown balls to help his quarterback
  • Has the confidence of a top-flight target
  • Physical blocker who will square and sustain to help spring his running back

Weaknesses
  • Play speed feels non-threatening
  • Faster cornerbacks squat on routes and consistently contest his catches
  • Route wiggle is average and feel gradual rather than sharp
  • Has tendency to coast by on size and scheme over pattern effort and technique
  • Defaults to bodying smaller cornerbacks rather than working for cleaner windows
  • Doesn't show much separation burst on first and second levels
  • Inconsistent ball skills when adjusting late to throws
  • Won't scare defenses with catch-and-run
  • Can't get it cranked back up for yards after catch if he has to slow feet
  • Struggled to get anything going against quality competition like TCU and UCF

I ABSOLUTELY don't want him at 19! No way!

Reaction score
His 3-cone number is a ridiculous 6.57,the problem is he doesnt show that in games at all.maybe coaches think they can improve his route running but he is nowhere close to Dez as a prospect and he has good character and is willing to learn.

This is where Sanjay Lal comes in

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
From the draftanalysis website. Take it for what its worth.

Despite needing a wide receiver, I’m told the Dallas Cowboys do not consider Courtland Sutton of SMU a first-round talent. They would consider him in Round 2 if they don’t address the position in Round 1 and Sutton falls that far.

Xavier187

Reaction score
If they go sutton the cowboys better hope that top ot or a qb is there so Patriots wanna jump the gun.
Maybe pick 23 and there late 2nd rounder for pick 19 and our late 4th.

cowboyec

Reaction score

Despite needing a wide receiver, I’m told the Dallas Cowboys do not consider Courtland Sutton of SMU a first-round talent. They would consider him in Round 2 if they don’t address the position in Round 1 and Sutton falls that far.
interesting.
if true...this pick at 19 is WIDE open.

CowboyChris

Reaction score

from now till the draft, we are going to hear all kinds of things, some true, some smoke, for instance a couple of days ago we heard rumors that LVE is off many boards

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’ve seen 3 new mocks up with us taking him...