Cowboy merchandise sales falling and I love it!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are idiot fans everywhere that buy Cowboys, Lakers and Heat jersey's just because they're the Cowboys, Lakers and Heat. They are the sheep people like Jerry depends on for a living.

I'll pour a few drops of my Coors Light out of my new Cowboys tumbler into the dirt in honor of the end of your willingness to support the Cowboys under Jerry Jones, Amber. Hopefully, we all get what we want to see on Sundays sooner, rather than later.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
, I hope others will feel the same unshakeable pride as I have felt for this franchise for nearly 40 years long after I am dead and gone.

Go Cowboys. :)

I really can't speak for anyone, nor would I, .. but I'm thinking anyone 25 yrs old and younger does not have the "unshakable pride" that you are referring to.

They have nothing to base it on, nothing to build it from.

Things are changing, .. I know some don't see it, .. but we will see the results of our mediocrity at some point.

JMO.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I really can't speak for anyone, nor would I, .. but I'm thinking anyone 25 yrs old and younger does not have the "unshakable pride" that you are referring to.

Things are changing, .. I know some don't see it, .. but we will see the results of our mediocrity at some point.

JMO.

Yea you nailed it.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yea you nailed it.

One good off-season run deep into the playoffs would give the younger fans a taste of the winning, and something to grab hold of. To be proud of.

But continued mediocrity will eventually have a negative impact, .. I feel.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
One good off-season run deep into the playoffs would give the younger fans a taste of the winning, and something to grab hold of. To be proud of.

But continued mediocrity will eventually have a negative impact, .. I feel.

I'm very jealous of the fans that got to see all the great teams but I enjoy reading the books about those teams & players.

I also live in a city with a pro team so the Cowboys are not big news around here.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I'm very jealous of the fans that got to see all the great teams but I enjoy reading the books about those teams & players.

I also live in a city with a pro team so the Cowboys are not big news around here.

How did you initially become a Cowboys fan? What drew you in? Father, brother, grandpa?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I'll pour a few drops of my Coors Light out of my new Cowboys tumbler into the dirt in honor of the end of your willingness to support the Cowboys under Jerry Jones, Amber. Hopefully, we all get what we want to see on Sundays sooner, rather than later.

Amen to that.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
How did you initially become a Cowboys fan? What drew you in? Father, brother, grandpa?

My father. He did tell me the other day though that if the the Texans drafted that DE he would like to go to one of their games to see him play with Watt. A few years ago he would never have wanted to see them.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

JMO.
I totally understand. It would be understandable how some, especially the young, may feel detached from the franchise. They may feel there are too many obstacles separating themselves from what the franchise really is. It could be that some only see Jerry Jones or the non playoff seasons or the games where defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory or so on.

However, that is not what I speak of. The concept I'm talking about has nothing to do with Jerry Jones or 8-8 seasons or etc. It has all to do with the idea of forming a brand new franchise in the 60's. How coaches and players gutted through enormous adversity for years. It is about personal triumphs and tragedies. It is about the ultimate highs and lows of Super Bowls wins and crushing defeats. It is about the legacy of beloved gridiron heroes. It is about putting the Star on a pedestal and not kicking the stand out from beneath it whenever the team loses or when Eagles and Commanders fans nag you endlessly. It is about knowing that the franchise will still be around not only long after Jones kicks the bucket, but when I do as well. And feeling damn proud that some kid eighty years from now may one day cheer Jason Witten's great-grandson breaking team records wearing his old great-grandpa's Navy Blue and Silver.

It's a humble concept, one which I learned from my father. He was a devoted Saints fan. Some days, I would watch him sleeping in his Laz-E-Boy, sitting in front of his television, with the Saints routinely losing in the third quarter. Sometimes I would tap him on his shoulder, ask if he wanted me to turn off his tv, and receiving a what the look in return. His game was on. His team was playing. That was all that mattered to him.

He died in 1999. He never got to see New Orleans win a Super Bowl or even win one playoff game. Thirty plus years of cheering and throwing up in his mouth. It takes a certain inner quality to see through and into what you really love about something. That's something he had. That's something he passed down to me. It's definitely not something I expect everyone else to share, but I will wish it upon every fan regardless--especially those who follow the Star.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I totally understand. It would be understandable how some, especially the young, may feel detached from the franchise. They may feel there are too many obstacles separating themselves from what the franchise really is. It could be that some only see Jerry Jones or the non playoff seasons or the games where defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory or so on.

However, that is not what I speak of. The concept I'm talking about has nothing to do with Jerry Jones or 8-8 seasons or etc. It has all to do with the idea of forming a brand new franchise in the 60's. How coaches and players gutted through enormous adversity for years. It is about personal triumphs and tragedies. It is about the ultimate highs and lows of Super Bowls wins and crushing defeats. It is about the legacy of beloved gridiron heroes. It is about putting the Star on a pedestal and not kicking the stand out from beneath it whenever the team loses or when Eagles and Commanders fans nag you endlessly. It is about knowing that the franchise will still be around not only long after Jones kicks the bucket, but when I do as well. And feeling damn proud that some kid eighty years from now may one day cheer Jason Witten's great-grandson breaking team records wearing his old great-grandpa's Navy Blue and Silver.

It's a humble concept, one which I learned from my father. He was a devoted Saints fan. Some days, I would watch him sleeping in his Laz-E-Boy, sitting in front of his television, with the Saints routinely losing in the third quarter. Sometimes I would tap him on his shoulder, ask if he wanted me to turn off his tv, and receiving a what the look in return. His game was on. His team was playing. That was all that mattered to him.

He died in 1999. He never got to see New Orleans win a Super Bowl or even win one playoff game. Thirty plus years of cheering and throwing up in his mouth. It takes a certain inner quality to see through and into what you really love about something. That's something he had. That's something he passed down to me. It's definitely not something I expect everyone else to share, but I will wish it upon every fan regardless--especially those who follow the Star.

I can not disagree with you, .. that is how I feel about the Cowboys, .. since 1965 or 66.

That does not mean that I like what is going on in Dallas, or agree with how things are being done, .. I don't.

Based on what has been going on, .. I do not have confidence for further success any time soon.

I will always be a Cowboys fan, .. I will watch every play of every game that I can find on in my area.

I am proud of the STAR, .. but not of the general direction of the team.

Don't know if that makes sense to you or not.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can not disagree with you, .. that is how I feel about the Cowboys, .. since 1965 or 66.

That does not mean that I like what is going on in Dallas, or agree with how things are being done, .. I don't.

Based on what has been going on, .. I do not have confidence for further success any time soon.

I will always be a Cowboys fan, .. I will watch every play of every game that I can find on in my area.

I am proud of the STAR, .. but not of the general direction of the team.

Don't know if that makes sense to you or not.
That's understandable. I sincerely doubt anyone likes 8-8 seasons, etc. Certainly, there are even members on this forum who claim to like some particular aspect of the team right now. However, it would be illogical to assume someone likes the overall course of the team for the simple reason that they admit liking a particular event which has occurred within the franchise structure.

That's beside the point though. People allow themselves to become fully immersed in things about the franchise which they have no control of or fool themselves into believing they can ultimately control. They want Jones to abdicate as general manager. They want only certain players to be drafted. They want player contracts to structured in certain ways. They want the stadium to fit their ideal of what it should be. They want Romo to play errorless games. They want the entire coaching staff fired. They want to see Super Bowls, not 8-8 seasons.

The wants seemingly extend into infinity and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Wanting to see improvement isn't something to be sneered at. Yet, people delude themselves into believing events, good or bad, will occur according to their own perceptions. They believe Jones will step down as general manager because such and such happens. They believe this player or that player will be drafted because they know how good they will be. They believe Dallas' salary cap demons will be exorcised if players are commanded into accepting certain contractual terms management should be offering them. They believe the pole dancers should be evicted from the stadium and the roof opened for every game. They believe Romo should not throw interceptions regardless of the in-game situation. They believe Garrett should never have been hired, much less making boneheaded decisions during the Green Bay game. They believe the team would be in the Super Bowl more often than not if the Jones family was jettisoned into space.

People are free to believe whatever they want, but reality does not bend to beliefs floating between one's ears. People have a choice. They can either believe whatever they want to believe. Or they can accept what reality has, does or shall deliver onto them.

The reality is that the Dallas Cowboys franchise delivered losing seasons, followed by decades of winning seasons of playoff successes along with Super Bowl wins and defeats, a few losing seasons, a run of winning seasons and Super Bowl wins, and a mixture of losing seasons with winning seasons and .500 seasons. That is what the franchise has delivered onto Cowboys fans to this point. Whatever the future holds is anyone's guess. Of course, there will be those who believe they know what the future holds, especially when their belief system is based upon Jerry Jones' existence.

All I can say is this. People will be right. People will be wrong. People's perception of reality does not change what it has always been and what it always will be. Reality is constantly moving forward. For example, you do not like the general direction of the team. There are many who agree with you and everyone is correct. You do not have confidence of the team enjoying success in the near future. You could be 100% right in your belief. There is zero proof which can be offered that contradicts your assumption. Of course, an argument could be made to counter the assumption. The only evidence which can be provided as support is from past perception. Is that actually proof? It is not, but it is accepted as such if future events coincide with past perception.

Me? I choose to believe that reality will eventually bestow good fortune onto this franchise once more. When will that happen? I do not have a clue. Reality is funny that way. Maybe I will be a witness. Perhaps my granddaughter will be a witness. Who knows? In the meantime, I will continue living in the present, looking back at yesteryear and dreaming of what the future might hold. That's life. I hope that makes sense for everyone, but at the same time I also understand why it does not.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
One typo "personel" and my spelling is atrocious? When I already spelled it correctly earlier in the post. LOL

Just imagine if it had been Jerry posting and spelling it wrong. The drunken fool hillbilly with the 40 yr old brain from Arkansas cant speak intelligently or even spell. What a clown.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
And the NFL’s top 10 team merchandise sales:
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Denver Broncos
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. Dallas Cowboys
5. New England Patriots
6. Green Bay Packers
7. Chicago Bears
8. Pittsburgh Steelers
9. New Orleans Saints
10. New York Giants

By that reasoning I guess Pats have something to worry about. lol

Yea, looks like the Pat fans are trying to get Robert Kraft's attention after losing 2 Super Bowl's to E-Lie!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
100901-_MG_6406-thumb-615x412-100888.jpg

Dallas Cowboys stay atop merchandise sales; ‘America’s Team’ brand remains
By Mark Lane
April 05, 2014 11:27 am CDT

The Dallas Cowboys and the sports media have an odd relationship.

We hear folks such as Stephen A. Smith on ESPN’s First Take say time and again that the Dallas Cowboys aren’t “America’s Team,” despite the data being provenagain and again and again. Not only that, but commentators and haters love to throw around the term “irrelevant,” though their grasp on the word’s definition is dubious at best. Routinely, more than one Dallas Cowboys game are among themost-watched contests during the NFL season. As if that weren’t enough, the Dallas Cowboys’ value of over $2 billion proves people that matter think the Cowboys are worth the partnership and investment.

Well, that’s the national media. How are things on the home front?

Just as dysfunctional. Even though most of the beat reporters probably swear on copies of Skip Bayless’ Hellbent as they turn in their W-2′s,they jump at the chance to take down quotes from Jerry Jones and give him the rictus grin in the locker room or wherever he appears. My favorite is when they don’t have access to him and resort to gathering around the radio, like a nuclear family in the 1950′s, and retweeting his quotes, as though they’re in the middle of conducting an interview with the Cowboys’ owner, president, and general manager.

Read the article here:

http://cover32.com/cowboys/2014/04/...erchandise-sales-americas-team-brand-remains/

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

That's the absolute best thing that you could do with Coors Light, pour it on the ground. :)

Hardline

Reaction score
You do realize that if Jerry ever took a major economic hit due to merch boycotts and low ticket sales he would just simply put out the call to non NFL cities and tell them to start the bidding for the Cowboys to relocate to their city.

jimmy40

Reaction score
took my daughter to the local mall last week and the Cowboys store was gone.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You do realize that if Jerry ever took a major economic hit due to merch boycotts and low ticket sales he would just simply put out the call to non NFL cities and tell them to start the bidding for the Cowboys to relocate to their city.

I'm pretty confident in saying that would never ever happen.