Signed by Cowboys Cowboy sign Leighton Vander-Esch to 1-yr deal

Cowboyny

Reaction score
My guess- Probably one year 4 million deal.
Very low to no interest on the FA market. Details to come soon.

- This probably puts any last damper of talk of Wagner signing here. Remains to be seen if it eliminates any talk of
a high regraded LB in early rounds of NFL Draft.

- Another typical Money Ball approach strategy.
Decent/serviceable only player at best, who knows Quinn's scheme.
We know how Stephen operates, veteran bridge starter and then draft his future replacement. I'm fine with Lve coming back, if healthy can still fill that 2 down role and if injuries occur has starting experience at all the linebacker positions. Biggest thing with him is staying healthy, which he finally did last season.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
200w.gif
Championship :dance:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
So LVE flashed, and gets paid. Some fans are just as bad as the owners; see flash, give cash.

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/TXzeRPPovzD4gO_CSD3-Vfj_sKzyKxwkIaffslRy1x7Y3H2nzC2_9MIvfw3XgblnA4c=h200??
"Got my Flash Cash rookie deal in Dallas " Bought tons of Taco's with it...
yg04e9rndoj9vdusnvds

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
LOL let’s bring back everyone that just got ran over in the playoffs!
Front office believes the defense was good enough to win a championship....

And we had the #1 offense...so how can it fail twice?

:laugh:

quickccc

Reaction score
We know how Stephen operates, veteran bridge starter and then draft his future replacement. I'm fine with Lve coming back, if healthy can still fill that 2 down role and if injuries occur has starting experience at all the linebacker positions. Biggest thing with him is staying healthy, which he finally did last season.

Ironically as with many injury prone vet NFL players ... finally stayed healthy and whole in their final " contract' year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I guess seatles dumb is for cutting him huh how can they allow Russ and Wagner and the entire LOB and other leave how stupid!! oh wait the DC should sign them that would be smart.

all these players CVUT, traded, moved etc etc. all were no longer wanted on their prior teams..i guess they all dumb and dumber..for every move you think is good for the one signing anther team has been weakened they are losing these alleged great talents, its paper brah they are the top names in week 1-2 of FA then the real moves will be made to build out rosters.
Lol Pom Poms waving again. By the way. Like I said yesterday. Starting RT and OG gone.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys literally had 2 other LBs on the roster - Parsons and Cox. I expect them to sign another LB and draft another one before the season begins.

There could be very little guarantees in this contract - he could be cut in camp. Lamenting signing a 4-year starter for a peanuts contract is funny.

The standard worthless response from the robotic fan base over the years.

The problem is they rely on these same failed players rather than getting an upgrade.

See, to a simpleton, they just look at the money. Completely ignoring what the signing means to getting a real upgrade instead.

And now's when they tell you they can still do that. But they won't, they never do and that's the point.

But hey, Vander Esch for 3 million, yee haw. Who can argue with that?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised he resigned...thought he might go somewhere wherehe is appreciated. Played his best ball in the playoffs....that's what winners do.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Ironically as with many injury prone vet NFL players ... finally stayed healthy and whole in their final " contract' year.
Lve is limited in some areas, but he can allow Quinn some flexibility to use Parsons all over the field. Does this take us out of the Wagner sweepstakes? I wouldn't 100% rule it out, but it's unlikely. Who knows Quinn could play Parsons as the strong-side LB or even play more 3-4 fronts.

Plankton

Reaction score
Just a completely lazy approach to free agency. The brain trust can't be bothered with investigating upgrade options from other teams because they are worried about opening a Victoria's Secret, or preparing for Wrestlemania.

Just the advantages of the unique structure of the Cowboy front office playing out.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
The standard worthless response from the robotic fan base over the years.

The problem is they rely on these same failed players rather than getting an upgrade.

See, to a simpleton, they just look at the money. Completely ignoring what the signing means to getting a real upgrade instead.

And now's when they tell you they can still do that. But they won't, they never do and that's the point.

But hey, Vander Esch for 3 million, yee haw. Who can argue with that?

Strawman I never said. This team sucks at acquiring talent and is not aggressive enough to get talent that wins games. Me not losing sleep over signing Vander Esch as a camp body to a nothing contract isn't me absolving the front office for not ALSO going out and getting real players who can make a difference. I would rather have Vander Esch at 3M than Keanu Neal at 4M+, but frankly I don't want either of them in the starting lineup. VanderEsch at $3M as a depth player to come in a few games and special teams? Fine by me. Vander Esch as Plan A to start next to Parsons? Nah.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Strawman I never said. This team sucks at acquiring talent and is not aggressive enough to get talent that wins games. Me not losing sleep over signing Vander Esch as a camp body to a nothing contract isn't me absolving the front office for not ALSO going out and getting real players who can make a difference. I would rather have Vander Esch at 3M than Keanu Neal at 4M+, but frankly I don't want either of them in the starting lineup. VanderEsch at $3M as a depth player to come in a few games and special teams? Fine by me. Vander Esch as Plan A to start next to Parsons? Nah.

They're doing business as usual.

You are fine with that. You said so with your mockery of those that aren't.