Cowboys 0-3 start. it's happening!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Your reasons are dumb, and you were actually wrong lol.

There is no evidence to dispute those reasons, because they're theoretical. Besides that, the first two applied to every team in the league. Otherwise, "lack of confidence in a new coach" is a)impossible to prove, b) irrelevant, and c) misguided because the offense wasn't going to change anyway.
"lack of confidence in new coaching" is not impossible to prove. These are my thoughts and my reasons and I wrote them down and posted them before the season started. It's you that can not dispute this fact. I even started a post about it. You calling any of my reasons dumb does not refute them. You lose, end of discussion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I for one didn't see "visions of playoff glory".

Neither did many others. We saw evidence that it could be a pretty good year, but as in my case it was very dependent on injuries, and I noted that....
How do you have a "pretty good season" without winning in the playoffs? You are splitting hairs that make no sense.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
"lack of confidence in new coaching" is not impossible to prove. These are my thoughts and my reasons and I wrote them down and posted them before the season started. It's you that can not dispute this fact. I even started a post about it. You calling any of my reasons dumb does not refute them. You lose, end of discussion.
You haven't stated any facts. You stated an opinion that they'd go 0-3 based on poor assumptions. They went 1-2 and your assumptions were poor.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You haven't stated any facts. You stated an opinion that they'd go 0-3 based on poor assumptions. They went 1-2 and your assumptions were poor.
We are talking about my reasons for saying the Cowboys would suck. I never represented my opinion for anything but my opinion. But I put them on the record for all to see and none to dispute I said them before the season started. I'm not saying the reasons are factual it's just my opinion. But it is a fact I said them and it is a fact the Cowboys do now suck. How are my assumptions poor when here we are with the Cowboys poor record. You can't win this debate. I'm on the record saying the Cowboys would not be good and they aren't.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We are talking about my reasons for saying the Cowboys would suck. I never represented my opinion for anything but my opinion. But I put them on the record for all to see and none to dispute I said them before the season started. I'm not saying the reasons are factual it's just my opinion. But it is a fact I said them and it is a fact the Cowboys do now suck. How are my assumptions poor when here we are with the Cowboys poor record. You can't win this debate. I'm on the record saying the Cowboys would not be good and they aren't.
No, you said they were going to be 0-3, which they weren't.

And your reasons were dumb. Them sucking now is because of injury more than anything.

Good hustle.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No, you said they were going to be 0-3, which they weren't.

And your reasons were dumb. Them sucking now is because of injury more than anything.

Good hustle.
I was wrong by a one in a million on-side kick that the Falcons foolishly didn't go after before the ball traveled 10 yards. How victorious you must feel. :rolleyes: I was right about the other two losses which you did not see coming and I was right about the new coaching staff being bad. So on the whole I was by far more right than wrong so how dumb was it? Not very. And they continue to suck no matter the reason.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
How do you have a "pretty good season" without winning in the playoffs? You are splitting hairs that make no sense.

"Playoff glory" is undefined, it could mean a SB win, SB appearance, or NFC championship appearance, even 2 playoff wins, such as a wild card and a divisional win, depending on one's view. A "pretty good season" could mean just a division title, or the usual one playoff win, again depending on one's view.

We were talking about the season well before it started, please note also the word "could" in my post, didn't say it was guaranteed.

If you're looking for people here to laud you up and down for your great, nobody else said so discernment for how the season would go, you aren't going to get it. When you say 0-3 and it turned out to be 1-2, regardless of how it happened, then you were wrong. Don't remember if it was you, or somebody else, but last year they stated that without a doubt, guaranteed, that Zeke would not sign a new contract before the regular season began. But he did, you/they were wrong again. But never a "well I was wrong" statement from them/you, it was just to you/them like it never happened. I've been wrong about things about the Cowboys, and said so after it happened. That's just being human.

Anybody can make bold predictions of either SB wins or 0-3 starts, doesn't take any great discernment. It's an all or nothing statement, if it works you look like a genius, but if it doesn't you look like nothing but a pessimist. A 50-50 chance of being correct, so it's no great risk. If you were calling the result of every game and the entire season before it started, and it came true, I'd be the first to congratulate you for being so astute.

But taking a few games and making it a black or white, or true and false prediction takes no great vision...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
"Playoff glory" is undefined, it could mean a SB win, SB appearance, or NFC championship appearance, even 2 playoff wins, such as a wild card and a divisional win, depending on one's view. A "pretty good season" could mean just a division title, or the usual one playoff win, again depending on one's view.

We were talking about the season well before it started, please note also the word "could" in my post, didn't say it was guaranteed.

If you're looking for people here to laud you up and down for your great, nobody else said so discernment for how the season would go, you aren't going to get it. When you say 0-3 and it turned out to be 1-2, regardless of how it happened, then you were wrong. Don't remember if it was you, or somebody else, but last year they stated that without a doubt, guaranteed, that Zeke would not sign a new contract before the regular season began. But he did, you/they were wrong again. But never a "well I was wrong" statement from them/you, it was just to you/them like it never happened. I've been wrong about things about the Cowboys, and said so after it happened. That's just being human.

Anybody can make bold predictions of either SB wins or 0-3 starts, doesn't take any great discernment. It's an all or nothing statement, if it works you look like a genius, but if it doesn't you look like nothing but a pessimist. A 50-50 chance of being correct, so it's no great risk. If you were calling the result of every game and the entire season before it started, and it came true, I'd be the first to congratulate you for being so astute.

But taking a few games and making it a black or white, or true and false prediction takes no great vision...
I've eaten crow every time I've been wrong about something I said, so look harder if you think I haven't. However, I'm damn sure you are going to hear about it when I'm right as well. I was against the spending spree in free agency this offseason, not because of the cost but because of who they were acquiring. Haha Clinton Dix, Gerald McCoy, Everson Griffen, Dontari Poe, Daryl Worley... all FA acquisitions that contributed little to nothing and are now gone. You like that? I hated it and I'm glad they're all gone now. Let the young ones play. Let's see who they really are. Rebuild the team through the draft not FA.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I've eaten crow every time I've been wrong about something I said, so look harder if you think I haven't. However, I'm damn sure you are going to hear about it when I'm right as well. I was against the spending spree in free agency this offseason, not because of the cost but because of who they were acquiring. Haha Clinton Dix, Gerald McCoy, Everson Griffen, Dontari Poe, Daryl Worley... all FA acquisitions that contributed little to nothing and are now gone. You like that? I hated it and I'm glad they're all gone now. Let the young ones play. Let's see who they really are. Rebuild the team through the draft not FA.

Nobody likes a "I told you so". If you are right about something we'll know it and I for one will acknowledge it, as will others I'm sure. But if they don't that's okay.

And as well I was against the acquisitions you noted, same as you, same reasons, it seemed rather obvious even at the time :thumbup:.

As I'm sure you saw many people were clamoring for Griffin long before he was signed, haven't noticed anybody that was "eating crow", though of course I don't read every single post. Same for Dix. But I didn't call them out for not "eating crow", you and I were proved right, really that's all that matters, I don't need a pat on the back for being right, though it is nice to get them.

We don't disagree on a lot here, but do on some, which is the reason for this site, to offer different opinions, would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything.

Hang in there, this team has been down before, Jerry might get it right one day, who knows? Doesn't seem likely, but I'm still a fan regardless, much as it pains me sometimes...