FEATURED *** Cowboys 2017 Draft Day One thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

coult44

Reaction score
Knowing most of the people on here that are probably basing their opinions off of youtube highlights and forty times think they are better suited at talent evaluation over guys who spend their life watching film on all of the available options is laughable.

Will Taco be a great player? I don't know, neither do you...I do know that McClay has a good track record and I like getting players with pedigree.

I don't claim to know more than anyone, but if your combine numbers are not great, and your stats are not great, and your film is not great, welllllllllllll, hmmm.
I hope he turns out to be great but it was a reach.
Also, take away last years draft (just because,) and we are average at best in the draft. It's hard to go wrong with first round picks. You make your name late in the draft, we could talk all day about that.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
4.9 @ projected 6'6 280 lbs isn't bad folks. He'll need coaching, but his ceiling might be Pierre-Paul level. He got great coaching @ Michigan as well.

If he didn't get coached up @ Harbaugh U...you really think he's gonna get coached up here?:rolleyes: I have my doubts...

coult44

Reaction score
It's spoiled because tv and radio is behind 2+ picks for commercials and money. It gets leaked on twitter and *******s come in here telling the picks early. The Cowboys weren't even on the clock on tv when the first person posted it in here.

Why not watch Twitter then? In 3-4 years draft won't be on TV.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
To be fair the Browns also had a nice night, haven't said anything good about the Browns in a long time

robjay04

Reaction score
I don't claim to know more than anyone, but if your combine numbers are not great, and your stats are not great, and your film is not great, welllllllllllll, hmmm.
Also, take away last years draft (just because,) and we are average at best in the draft. It's hard to go wrong with first round picks. You make your name late in the draft, we could talk all day about that.

It wasn't a reach.

He was projected to be a first round pick by most sites and pundits and he went at 28. Last season was his first year in a 4-3 and he had double digit sacks and was named first team big 10.

So his stats are fine...his film is? I doubt anyone on this forum, including you, has watched more film at different points of view than the Cowboys scouts and pundits across the league that ranked him as a first round pick. You obviously don't know what a reach is.

You also contradict yourself, you say we do good with first round picks.

Last edited:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

His productivity against power five teams was best of all 4-3 DE's including Barnett and Garrett.
His combine was fine outside of the 40, in fact he is bested JPP in every other metric outside of the 40 and everyone wanted him this offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.