Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to extension with Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valkyr

Reaction score
He made concessions.

No way in hell they started off asking for 8 years under contract.
I guess I don't understand what the years on the contract matter if he can just hold out again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet another case of economics dictating how professional athletes' contracts are typically created.

Supply, demand and scarcity, as seen from the team's perspective. Not from fans' perspective. Not from the media's perspective. From the team's perspective.

Time for Prescott to get paid.

"Well, I don't see how they will pay Prescott yada yada yada for yada yada yada reasons because I do not think he has not done yada yada yada."

That is another case of not understanding basic economics. Learn it. And start by finally taking yourself out of Jerry Jones' shoes and putting him back INTO his own shoes. "You" are not him.

/obscure internet fansite fingerpointing

ufcrules1

Reaction score
This was a terrible deal for the Cowboys. Waaaaay too much for a RB. Zeke will for sure burn the Cowboys. I wish we would have handled it the way the Chargers did or the way the Steelers did with Bell.

Jerry is dumb as hell though. That is why haven’t won anything in 23 years.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Zeke won. There is no other way to say it. A RB that had two years remaining on his contract, before franchise tag years kick in, just reset the RB market with $50 mil guaranteed.

The Cowboys did not want to do this particular deal. Any attempt to say otherwise is just fans rationalizing this deal into something it isn’t.

Now...if Zeke does turn out to have exceptional durability over the next 5-6 seasons, and produces the way he has...then the pill becomes a heck of a lot easier to swallow. That’s a long way off. Trust me...Jerry isn’t liking the size of the pill at the moment...despite what he will say later today.
If Zeke does have that kind of duability he will hold out again for a 3rd contract. At that point he will be down on the list of RB salary and probably deserve a new deal, but if they are working him like they have been, he will never get to that point.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We could present a 5,000 page document supporting every fact and you would still find some way to shoot it down, so why bother? You simply enjoy and defend mediocrity.
You got nothing just like we all knew.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's funny about warning Zeke, some fans are unhappy with him. Do you not think he deserves a fair warning?

Only ones that seem unhappy are guys like you and we members pretty much know why????

GL with that ....

chicago JK

Reaction score
Seems a lot to pay Pollard’s backup. Although if doomsday came and Pollard was out with food poisoning, I guess it is nice to have security with Zeke in the fold for the next 8 years.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
What's funny about warning Zeke, some fans are unhappy with him. Do you not think he deserves a fair warning?
No because all those talking that mess are internet cowards that wouldn’t hurt a fruit fly. I know these contracts get some people upset but flip them truthfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.