Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to extension with Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That punk better watch his back. He's enraged a lot of Cowboys fans that are just done with him now.
dumbest statement EVER..really why? this is a GAME to us a BUSINESSS for them and why is his money or holdout personal thing a fan would take some sort of action other then burn his jersey and go cheer for the eagles.. seriously that is just a dumb statement.. watch his back, only tacklers piling on it while he drags them 4 yards..SMH get over it fans its football game we are entertained but Zeke takes beating and wants to be assured he can retire with enough money for his futire medical bills..

so soon we forget all the talk about past players and CTE and they weren't being helped, just forgotten..teams cut players , use them up, let them go, etc..

lets focus on the game please...Zeke doesnt talk about your money or job so why be so wrapped up in his? he did nothing TO US... hes making game 1 so pull the cord land softly and let kick the snot out the the giants,..

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I get what you’re saying… But at the end of the day they paid Zeke heck of a lot more than they wanted to. And, quite frankly, probably a lot more than any other NFL team would have for that position.

I still want to see the official guaranteed money. If it’s 50 million+, Zeke won huge

What’s the big deal about the guaranteed money? All of it will be within the next 3-4 years in terms of bonuses and salary. Does anyone think they will be wanting to cut Zeke within the next 4 years? This deal no doubt has 2 or 3 fake years on the end where cutting Zeke will save the team a bunch of cap space. He isn’t going to see the whole $90 million and his cap hit will probably be quite friendly for a few years. After that, they can restructure if needed or wanted.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. He hasnt had a losing season due to his good supporting cast

2. Zeke being better than Gordon is not the point. The point is Gordon is a good player that they believe they can win without because they have an elite QB

3. The point is Philip Rivers doesnt turn into garbage when Melvin Gordon misses games

4. Dak blowing up to you guys is a 180 yd 1td 1 rushing td game. LOL

OMG 180 yards and 1 TD quick give that QB 30+ million NOW!!!

Loso86

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand what the years on the contract matter if he can just hold out again.
We also dont know the clauses ig he wants to hold out after 2 or 3 years I'm sure they can just trade or release without much damage. WiN for the team with the OVERALL contract

mcmvp

Reaction score
If Zeke does have that kind of duability he will hold out again for a 3rd contract. At that point he will be down on the list of RB salary and probably deserve a new deal, but if they are working him like they have been, he will never get to that point.

Yeah there is a better chance that he will not make it to that point. Jerry will be holding his breath for 5 to 6 years.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You guys realize that it LOOKS worse then it is. His actual salary per year is like 12.9 NOT 15 its 103 over 8 years people they didnt really set the market so chill with your grow a pair comments. Both the Team and Zeke won.

With the two remaining years left on the contract, you are correct. The contract he is signing today is for $90mil, at six years.

Loso86

Reaction score
With the two remaining years left on the contract, you are correct. The contract he is signing today is for $90mil, at six years.
Exactly so its really 50 mil over the next 4 or 5 years cause hell get some of that bonus at signing

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
dumbest statement EVER..really why? this is a GAME to us a BUSINESSS for them and why is his money or holdout personal thing a fan would take some sort of action other then burn his jersey and go cheer for the eagles.. seriously that is just a dumb statement.. watch his back, only tacklers piling on it while he drags them 4 yards..SMH get over it fans its football game we are entertained but Zeke takes beating and wants to be assured he can retire with enough money for his futire medical bills..

so soon we forget all the talk about past players and CTE and they weren't being helped, just forgotten..teams cut players , use them up, let them go, etc..

lets focus on the game please...Zeke doesnt talk about your money or job so why be so wrapped up in his? he did nothing TO US... hes making game 1 so pull the cord land softly and let kick the snot out the the giants,..
You're right but that don't change the fact some pissed of fans are seriously going to be coming for him.

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
No because all those talking that mess are internet cowards that wouldn’t hurt a fruit fly. I know these contracts get some people upset but flip them truthfully.
I'll have you know that my kids bought me the bug a salt for my birthday and I've been slaying fruit flying like I'm in the mafia and they were snitches!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Very few will have the leverage that Zeke had, Oh I forgot he had none. lol
Fans dont realize that Zekes isnt just top RB hes regarded as top player in the NFL period.. the players know who they are and if they can pull this off.. every RB cant ask for this, every player with 2 years left CANT do this, they would be laughed out of the office..

reality only elite players have leverage..this does NOT set a precedence...owner cave to super stars because they know who butters the bread or in this case stirs the drink lol

dckid

Reaction score
Most definitely. He and his agent wanted to say $15 million a year and the Cowboys effectively said "OK, this is how we get there."

$103 million over eight years works out to $12.875 per year.
What are the details of the deal? What are his cap hits and when can the Cowboys cut him with the lowest amount of dead money?

Status
Not open for further replies.