Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to extension with Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopey

Reaction score
I'm glad its over and we can move on to the games now. Big contract, will bite the boys in the *** down the road, but Jerry is in win now mode. He ain't getting any younger.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Limiting Zeke's snaps in pass protection is an interesting option. However, we'll need some wrinkles with the FB there ... but if we've been planning on no Zeke that's likely already in place
the FB was here last year when Zeke caught 77 passes...this is just "talk" imo ....Zeke dominates backfield touches and there is no reason he shouldn't

superonyx

Reaction score
If Gurley and Goff were drafted in the same year maybe your "logic" might make more sense.
The year they were drafted doesnt mean anything. Gurley's contract was not up. The extended him after 3 years of a 5 year contract. Goff's contract isnt up either.
The point remains.

One has nothing to do with the other.

A team doesnt throw away generational talent at any position. They are even less likely to throw away high level production at the QB position.

The Rams gave Gurley the deal because he is worth it.
The Rams gave Goff the deal because he is worth it.
The Cowboys will do the same for the same reasons. Its not an either or. Its both.

J-man

Reaction score
Well regardless of what they paid him, or how it's structured, I'm glad he's back. Now we can play for another Super Bowl ring!
Wait, we still have to play all these games first? I thought signing him locked us in for Miami?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Strawman from you once again

Not gonna waste my time. You are agitated because I dont like Dak, LOL. It takes a special type of stupidity to let other’s opinions, rattle you
Im not rattled in the slightest. You just completely ignored all the facts I stated and got agitated. So really whos rattled? Name me 5 Elite QBs without a supporting cast. Ill wait.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
Actually no. He wanted a shorter contract so that he had the opportunity for 3 big contracts in his career. Pay attention.
After the guaranteed money is paid out, there is nothing keeping Zeke from holding out again. Julio Jones does it on a regular basis.

Hopefully, the Cowboys have learned to space out the paying the bulk of guaranteed money over the life of the contract.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The best running back in football deserves the biggest RB contract in football. That's how it should work. Congrats, @EzekielElliott. You earned it. #payforplay
Per @Gil_Brandt

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Zeke at the end of this lengthy contract:

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS96ev2-5QVQKjdZ8BC0gywIEh8Si0hU2NEojMG37mDprzQWJLltQ

Ewoks don't age very well.

lopey

Reaction score
home-image6.gif
Now I want pizza lol

aikemirv

Reaction score
the FB was here last year when Zeke caught 77 passes...this is just "talk" imo ....Zeke dominates backfield touches and there is no reason he shouldn't
Witten will take some of those receiving touches back -I would bet 50% of those at least were checkdowns.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Are you still cheering for the former Spur that just left to the Clippers? I think his name is Kwami, serious question, just wondering

See, I do not know how I feel about him. I understand wanting to play closer to family and friends. And he also lived up to his contract, came to Toronto and helped win them their title. He did his job. Zeke has caused drama all 4 years, Leonard just lives life without drama...

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Witten will take some of those receiving touches back -I would bet 50% of those at least were checkdowns.
they will remain for the true bellcow ---get back with me at the end of the year when Zeke still has 60-80 catches

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See, I do not know how I feel about him. I understand wanting to play closer to family and friends. And he also lived up to his contract, came to Toronto and helped win them their title. He did his job. Zeke has caused drama all 4 years, Leonard just lives life without drama...
He caused plenty of drama in SA. I get where you're coming from.

Sydla

Reaction score
4 years ago, Jerry and Stephen said their research showed it didn’t make sense to pay a TB a ton of money, which is why they made a mid-level offer to Murray.

Then Jerry trots our how you don’t need a big time TB to win a SB.

Stephen says Bell’s deal reset the market.

And then days before the season starts, they make Elliott the highest paid TB in NFL history.

Makes sense. We have no real plan. Just acquire players and if they are good sign them to huge extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.