Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to extension with Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The main differences I see is Zeke got more per year while Gurley came out slightly better in guaranteed money ($45 million/4 years vs. $50 million/6 years).

Interested to see the structure. Those back end years were Zeke's concession

Sydla

Reaction score
We will pay who we want to pay LVE isnt going anywhere. Smith is already locked up. Witten and Lee will be off the books next season. Our young core will be intact. The new CBA is going to increase the cap immensely. You need to relax and enjoy the season. lol

Jones won’t be back. They probably will have to let Maliek Collins walk if he has a big year. What if Quinn has a big year? Probably have to let him walk too.

Don’t forget that Dak and Cooper haven’t signed yet and they will eat up most of the remaining chunk of cap space we have in the next few years.

Sydla

Reaction score
What a load of crock

After they sign Dak and Cooper, where is the cap space coming from to sign Jones to a big CB contract?

Where’s the cap space to sign Collins to a big DT contract if he plays well this year?

What if Quinn has an 8-10 sack year?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Do Fan Boys still hate him?

Better yet, will you ask Mods to delete your posts when he scores his 2nd TD against the Giants?

kskboys

Reaction score
After they sign Dak and Cooper, where is the cap space coming from to sign Jones to a big CB contract?

Where’s the cap space to sign Collins to a big DT contract if he plays well this year?

And w/ the talent w/ have around him, Quinn should get about that many sacks. If the interior pressure works, he may well get more.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

How much money do you think they have left? Are you just assuming they are out?
And you know everything is fixing to change in 2 years ...... Right?

Sydla

Reaction score
And w/ the talent w/ have around him, Quinn should get about that many sacks. If the interior pressure works, he may well get more.

And then when he asks for a contract paying him like 12-4MM a year, we say sorry........ can’t afford you.

Sydla

Reaction score
How much money do you think they have left? Are you just assuming they are out?
And you know everything is fixing to change in 2 years ...... Right?

They aren’t out. But they are going to be tight when Dak and Cooper likely sign.

They will restructure some deals like they always tried before and it bit them in the butt.

You assume everything will change in 2 years. You sure of that? It also doesn’t change the fact that we are paying 50MM guaranteed to a position that the league has shown you can have success for far less money.

Reaction score
Haven't read through the thread. Just going to give my take, not knowing the full details of the deal.

1. I'm really surprised Jerry bent over on this. It looks like he was completely taken to the cleaners.
2. Good news is that this deal doesn't start for 2 years when the salary cap should be at least $20M higher than today.
3. This deal, when combined with Dak and Amari's upcoming deals will definitely mean the defense will lose players. Byron Jones, Maliek Collins and more. Expect a revolving door at CB, safety and d-line with guys leaving for new deals being replaced by draft picks.
4. Will McClay will need to be even better than he has been. He will need to hit home runs on defense to keep this team competitive with all the money spent on offense.
5. Jerry will never draft a RB in the 1st round again. Nor should he.
6. Hopefully the Cowboys can get out of this deal in 4 years with minimal cap costs. 5 years max.
7. Another Zeke arrest, suspension, voiding of guaranteed money and getting cut would not be the worst thing in the world for this franchise.

I'll cheer for Zeke on the field. But I have no time for him otherwise.

And he wanted to be a team leader. Lol.

Last note: I truly despise Marshall Faulk.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jeebus ........ People really believe it's like a pie and because Zeke's new contract is 90 million it means that is now gone.

You cap chicken littles do realize it's a year by year thing right? That these contracts are set up so nobody has a huge cap hit at the same time right? That that's the reason they are handing out all these long term contracts right? That everything will change in 2 yrs right?

InTheZone

Reaction score
THANK GOD. And sad that people are already looking to ship him off in 4-5 years lol. If they ease his workload just a tad I see no reason why he can't be the leading back every year as long as he's not hurt.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
They aren’t out. But they are going to be tight when Dak and Cooper likely sign.

They will restructure some deals like they always tried before and it bit them in the butt.

You assume everything will change in 2 years. You sure of that? It also doesn’t change the fact that we are paying 50MM guaranteed to a position that the league has shown you can have success for far less money.

Wow ....... Treating an imaginary worst case scenario as fact and then blaming it on Zeke ...... :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You’re as clueless as the rock you live under. There’s cap room to sign Dak and Cooper with no problems. Hate on King Hater (or is that Pappypup)? Not sure, i get you 2 confused you sound the same.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Jones won’t be back. They probably will have to let Maliek Collins walk if he has a big year. What if Quinn has a big year? Probably have to let him walk too.

Don’t forget that Dak and Cooper haven’t signed yet and they will eat up most of the remaining chunk of cap space we have in the next few years.
Oh i agree. What you arent understanding though is this new deal doesnt kick in for 2 years so we have him on his rookie wage for the next 2. Now i may be misunderstanding it but I dont think so. His AAV is like 12.8 over 8 not to mention with the new CBA the cap will be increasing. So we can potentially keep most guys. Not everyone obviously but who can? We are going to be just fine.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wow ....... Treating an imaginary worst case scenario as fact and then blaming it on Zeke ...... :facepalm:
He doesnt realize the owners are in the know about the new CBA and probably know the cap is going to be increasing a lot. Which takes place in 2 years when the new contract starts.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He doesnt realize the owners are in the know about the new CBA and probably know the cap is going to be increasing a lot. Which takes place in 2 years when the new contract starts.

He just doesn't care ....... the hatred for Zeke getting paid what he deserves overcomes anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.