Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to extension with Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jeebus ........ People really believe it's like a pie and because Zeke's new contract is 90 million it means that is now gone.

You cap chicken littles do realize it's a year by year thing right? That these contracts are set up so nobody has a huge cap hit at the same time right? That that's the reason they are handing out all these long term contracts right? That everything will change in 2 yrs right?

You do realize that cap space isn’t nebulous right?

It exists. Only fools think we can sign whomeber we want. There will absolutely need to be tough decisions made on guys like Jones and Collins and others in next few years.

I have little doubt you said the same things years ago when Jerry was spending like a drunken sailor and eventually we got handcuffed by our cap.

Fools ignore history.

Sydla

Reaction score
You’re as clueless as the rock you live under. There’s cap room to sign Dak and Cooper with no problems. Hate on King Hater (or is that Pappypup)? Not sure, i get you 2 confused you sound the same.

Where did I say they don’t have the space for Dak and Cooper? In fact I said the exact opposite.

You suck at reading. Stop showing this board day after day how dumb you are.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Jones won’t be back. They probably will have to let Maliek Collins walk if he has a big year. What if Quinn has a big year? Probably have to let him walk too.

Don’t forget that Dak and Cooper haven’t signed yet and they will eat up most of the remaining chunk of cap space we have in the next few years.
And paying Zeke $13M instead of $15M would change all that?

No.

Sydla

Reaction score
He just doesn't care ....... the hatred for Zeke getting paid what he deserves overcomes anything else.

It’s nothing personal with Zeke, you twit. I like him.

I have an issue with PAYING ANY TB this kind of money. It doesn’t matter if we had Gurley or Bell or Zeke or Johnson or Kamara or Barkley.

I think it’s a waste of cap resources spending this much money on a TB. I have said this for years.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
You don't agree that they have a plan?
not to use the fb when Zeke is here--nope---maybe 1 play here and there but no way are they taking the ball out of their best players hands--Pollard more likely since this was the reason he was drafted--to keep Zeke fresh and take some of the third down work off his plate---Zeke's not getting paid top dollar to be a 2 down back

Sydla

Reaction score
And paying Zeke $13M instead of $15M would change all that?

No.

Frankly, don’t pay him at all would have been the way I would have gone. I have been clear in this for a long time. Paying a TB big bucks is an unwise use of cap space IMO.

And 35MM guaranteed is better than 50MM.

JeffAtl

Reaction score
He doesnt realize the owners are in the know about the new CBA and probably know the cap is going to be increasing a lot. Which takes place in 2 years when the new contract starts.

The owners are not "in the know" with the new CBA. It looks like players will be pushing for NBA-style CBA, which will likely result in a lockout.

Still, your point stands that if this contract kicks in after the new CBA, then it really doesn't matter.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys will receive a roster exemption once Ezekiel Elliott is removed from the did-not-report list. In order for Elliott to play in Sunday’s season opener against the New York Giants, the Cowboys would have to clear a spot on the 53-man roster by Saturday.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

robjay04

Reaction score
Zeke didn't concede anything by agreeing to a longer term. Do you think Cabo isn't going to be there in 4 or 5 years?

Is kinda funny to see people talking about the benefits of locking a player up for 8 years when the same player was locked up for 5 seasons and only agreed to play 3.

The 5 years you’re referring to was set by the CBA, not the player. He had no choice but to agree.

No evidence he will hold out again on a contract he negotiated

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Frankly, don’t pay him at all would have been the way I would have gone. I have been clear in this for a long time. Paying a TB big bucks is an unwise use of cap space IMO.

Elliott is one of the best players in the league... at any position.

No way I let that guy go somewhere else.

You and I will never agree on this, and that’s fine.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

No surprise you’re crapping on this deal. I predicted it because you crap on EVERYTHING!!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
The owners are not "in the know" with the new CBA. It looks like players will be pushing for NBA-style CBA, which will likely result in a lockout.

Still, your point stands that if this contract kicks in after the new CBA, then it really doesn't matter.
Exactly

AbeBeta

Reaction score
not to use the fb when Zeke is here--nope---maybe 1 play here and there but no way are they taking the ball out of their best players hands--Pollard more likely since this was the reason he was drafted--to keep Zeke fresh and take some of the third down work off his plate---Zeke's not getting paid top dollar to be a 2 down back

You know this is just the plan for game 1, right?

It would be dumb to give Zeke his regular # of snaps.

And Pollard isn't here to keep Zeke "fresh." He's here as a change-of-pace back. He's not getting 3rd down snaps until he improves his pass protection. In case you've missed the last 10 years of games or so, that's always been the #1 concern on 3rd.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The Cowboys will receive a roster exemption once Ezekiel Elliott is removed from the did-not-report list. In order for Elliott to play in Sunday’s season opener against the New York Giants, the Cowboys would have to clear a spot on the 53-man roster by Saturday.

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

If we were cutting Morris, I expect he'd be gone by now so he could look elsewhere for a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.