Signed by Cowboys Cowboys agree to extension with Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I agree with you, but what it does say is that they know they don’t win w/o Zeke.

Maybe. But I don't see it that way. Cowboys just like signing their own players to a big contract. Hence Lael Collins getting paid good money for average production.

Cowboys I think are in a win-now mood. That also includes Dak and Cooper as their futures plans - not just Zeke.

aria

Reaction score
If it really comes down to you and me getting in a physical fight, I'll just save us both the trouble and take you to In N Out. Won't change my love for Whataburger. Even if it's now Chicago owed, they are still good Americans. It's not like what happened to Budweiser being bought by Belgians. I haven't had a drink of any beer but Shiner Bock since then.
Oh c’mon buddy, you know it was a joke, I respect my elders :) I’d buy ya burger at Whataburger anytime and we can cuss and discuss the Cowboys.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The only person I know of with those kinds of feelings is you.
That doesn't mean there aren't a few out there. Do you really think the population that pays attention to these things is limited to the ones you know about?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That doesn't mean there aren't a few out there. Do you really think the population that pays attention to these things is limited to the ones you know about?
Why would they want to hurt him?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
$50M guaranteed all while:

"Zeke has no leverage"
"Zeke is asking out of turn"
"Zeke's getting bad advice"
"Zeke's gonna sit"
"Pollard's gonna make us forget him"
"Stephen said we aren't going to be market setters"
"Bell reset the market though"
"Jerry is pissed and dug in"

No, this deal was about paying the best running back the highest salary. Mission accomplished from Zeke's side at least.

Now the "deny Zeke anything" crew wants to look at the details as if this is some recount where they can save face by "losing by a lesser margin." Lol.

Look, he had no leverage but if you want to play this game, go ahead. I don't care, I just care about what the deal actually is. Jerry was going to pay him all along and that's just the truth of it. Jerry said this so you acting like that's because of Zeke, it's not. Jerry said the team was going to pay Zeke. Lets see what the contract really is. Then we can see if we agree with it or not. Don't accredit all of these random things to me. Don't be an arse, or at least, do your best to try and not be one.

Honestly, how do you pry 90 Million $$$ from Jerry's hand without leverage?!?!?

Lots of "fans" on this board need to rethink a few things.

When we have an elite RB like Zeke, you cheer for the guy.

kumizi

Reaction score
4 of the highest paid offensive linemen
highest paid running back

the whole point of having an elite offensive line is so you dont have to pay your RB like a WR

they better lead the league in total rush yards and rush yards per attempt

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You guys are arguing about nothing. Just leave it at both sides win which is what happened.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why would they want to hurt him?
You aren't thinking about this right. You assume others have the same set of values as you do. Not everyone cares about others as you do. Evil is out there. Some might find it funny to hurt Zeke. There are all kinds of wackos out there.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

No, I think lots of fans need to look at the deal. This is not a new contract. This is an extension adding 6 years to the current deal, witch is an additional two years at this point. The real deal is for 103 mil over 8 years, of which 50 is guaranteed. That's an average of a 12.875 mil per season, with essentially 4 years fully guaranteed. If this is what the deal is, this is a great deal for the team. After 4 years, the team can be out of this deal if need be and there are clauses in this that apparently protect the team from Zeke's Bonehead moments. I mean, I don't believe anybody could ask for more then this if that's actually what this deal is. This is GREAT for the team, if true.

This whole idea of "Prying" is wrong headed. Again, Jerry said he wanted to pay Zeke, last year. Just not a record deal and not a situation where it killed our cap. This does neither.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
No, I think lots of fans need to look at the deal. This is not a new contract. This is an extension adding 6 years to the current deal, witch is an additional two years at this point. The real deal is for 103 mil over 8 years, of which 50 is guaranteed. That's an average of a 12.875 mil per season, with essentially 4 years fully guaranteed. If this is what the deal is, this is a great deal for the team. After 4 years, the team can be out of this deal if need be and there are clauses in this that apparently protect the team from Zeke's Bonehead moments. I mean, I don't believe anybody could ask for more then this if that's actually what this deal is. This is GREAT for the team, if true.

This whole idea of "Prying" is wrong headed. Again, Jerry said he wanted to pay Zeke, last year. Just not a record deal and not a situation where it killed our cap. This does neither.

Where did you learn how to spin facts like that? Impressive.

Let me guess...you hate Zeke and you wanted to trade him, but he signed his new contract and now you like Zeke.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Where did you learn how to spin facts like that? Impressive.

Let me guess...you hate Zeke and you wanted to trade him, but he signed his new contract and now you like Zeke.

Wow. Why this? I mean, read, that's all you have to do. What do you think I'm spinning? According to what I have read, all of this is true. What do you dispute?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You aren't thinking about this right. You assume others have the same set of values as you do. Not everyone cares about others as you do. Evil is out there. Some might find it funny to hurt Zeke. There are all kinds of wackos out there.
There are definitely wackos out there.

Loso86

Reaction score
To those fan's overreacting to the initial numbers. Look at how it's all structured!

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
Maybe. But I don't see it that way. Cowboys just like signing their own players to a big contract. Hence Lael Collins getting paid good money for average production.

Cowboys I think are in a win-now mood. That also includes Dak and Cooper as their futures plans - not just Zeke.

Let's party

Status
Not open for further replies.