Cowboys allowing 4th most pressure in the league

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
The Chiefs looked very similar to start last year with Alex Smith. Smith was top choice by many for MVP during the first part of the season. Smith was throwing deep a lot, now with Mahomes who is more willing to go deep can they maintain their big passing game. Reid has a tendency to get too cute and got away from running the ball, then started struggling. it will be interesting how they fare the rest of the season.

I agree. They are a good regular season team. I’ll be surprised if it works in the playoffs.

But at least they will be in the playoffs. Can’t say the same here

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Mostly at qb. Getting beat by #1 overall draft picks occasionally on defense doesn’t surprise me. Maybe it does you, not me
It wasn't just Clowney. The OL/TE just flat missed blocks or assignments on other players. The blocking assignments left their LBs free paths to make plays against the running game. It does surprise me that this OL is struggling as much as they are. TE blocking has been bad too.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
The Chiefs looked very similar to start last year with Alex Smith. Smith was top choice by many for MVP during the first part of the season. Smith was throwing deep a lot, now with Mahomes who is more willing to go deep can they maintain their big passing game. Reid has a tendency to get too cute and got away from running the ball, then started struggling. it will be interesting how they fare the rest of the season.
Everybody was open last year for Smith. I think Watkins was actually a downgrade from Albert Wilson, who led the league in average separation. But they found their QB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Chiefs have so many guys open that Mahomes usually takes less than 2.5 seconds to throw. Also, they have so many guys open because Mahomes usually takes less than 2.5 seconds to throw.

Percentage of attempts, Time to throw less than 2.5 seconds
1 Brees 61.0%
2 Rivers 60.8%
3 Carr 60.8%
4 Mahomes 59.7%
5 Manning 58.1%

30 Prescott 40.5%

Average separation
Watkins 3.7 (14th)
Conley 3.3 (32nd)
Hill 2.8 (70th)
Kelsey 2.6 (77th)

Beasley 2.5 (80th)
Thompson 2.4 (85th)
Hurns 1.8 (105th)
Gallup 1.6 (109th)

Mahones is just awesome in every way.

Some of the issue with the Cowboys is probably the offense. Timing based BS. Most of the better passing offenses are designed to get the ball out quickly.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

interesting, Texans giving up the most pressure, yet Watson is 7th in passing, and has had 4 games throwing for 300 yards+....but people will claim he has a #1 WR but he doesn't have a supporting running game nor a TE, nor any of the talent that's on the cowboys OL

Russell Wilson, has no weapons in seattle, worse WR situation, worse TE situation, no zeke, awful OL with patched up reserves starting, and he beat dallas head to head and has 2 200 yard+ games....

then there is Josh Allen a rookie in no talent Buffallo who went to Minn and blanked them.

and I bet some of those pressures is QBs fault for holding on to the ball too long and there has certainly been a bunch of passing plays for cowboys as I have seen,that Dak just holds the ball or pulls it down and starts running.

fact is Dak is not good.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
It wasn't just Clowney. The OL/TE just flat missed blocks or assignments on other players. The blocking assignments left their LBs free paths to make plays against the running game. It does surprise me that this OL is struggling as much as they are. TE blocking has been bad too.

It surprises me that in year 3 our qb still can’t beat 1 on 1 to an outside wr and people still defend him.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
interesting, Texans giving up the most pressure, yet Watson is 7th in passing, and has had 4 games throwing for 300 yards+....but people will claim he has a #1 WR but he doesn't have a supporting running game nor a TE, nor any of the talent that's on the cowboys OL

Russell Wilson, has no weapons in seattle, worse WR situation, worse TE situation, no zeke, awful OL with patched up reserves starting, and he beat dallas head to head and has 2 200 yard+ games....

then there is Josh Allen a rookie in no talent Buffallo who went to Minn and blanked them.

and I bet some of those pressures is QBs fault for holding on to the ball too long and there has certainly been a bunch of passing plays for cowboys as I have seen,that Dak just holds the ball or pulls it down and starts running.

fact is Dak is not good.

Exactly. The excuse makers just need to watch a pass from one of the qb’s we’ve played this year, then compare it to dak. It’s not even close.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Everybody was open last year for Smith. I think Watkins was actually a downgrade from Albert Wilson, who led the league in average separation. But they found their QB.
I am glad we didn't land Watkins, there isn't a more overrated WR in the league.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
It’s a pretty well known fact we are built to run the ball. So what should defenses do to us to stop that from happening? Exactly what they are doing.

So then, what should the qb do? Beat it. He can’t. He won’t. He sucks.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It surprises me that in year 3 our qb still can’t beat 1 on 1 to an outside wr and people still defend him.
I'm not defending Dak. This is the highest paid OL in the league with 2 1st round picks, another graded as a high 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick on the OL. With that kind of money and draft capital invested, I expect more from them than what they have shown. I'm not giving Dak a pass, but I'm not willing to give other players a pass either. People attack Dak and he deserves it, but most of those same people are giving passes to every other player and unit.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
I'm not defending Dak. This is the highest paid OL in the league with 2 1st round picks, another graded as a high 1st rounder and a 2nd round pick on the OL. With that kind of money and draft capital invested, I expect more from them than what they have shown. I'm not giving Dak a pass, but I'm not willing to give other players a pass either. People attack Dak and he deserves it, but most of those same people are giving passes to every other player and unit.

I hear ya.....

Well I’ve been saying the same thing from day 1 with dak.
Rookie year I said this is cute but eventually he has to push the ball down the field.
Year 2, I said push the ball down the field you idiot!
Year 3, I’m done.
Seen enough. Tired of blaming everybody and problem not being fixed.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Our O-line has sucked since the ATL game last season right at the same time our offensive struggles began. I've been harping on this for over a year now how badly they've been playing especially pass blocking. Dak's got a lot of issues but when he's given decent protection he puts up great numbers. We can win with that but he's devoid of weapons except Zeke and the O-line is playing horribly. Honestly other than Zeke Dak's not had very many weapons on offense...he had last year's league leader in drops and an ancient Witten. Add in poor scheme in which routes take forever to develop and it's been a recipe for disaster.
I am not quite ready to give up on Dak, I do think he needs to do better but it's not all his fault. There are reasonable explanations for what's happened to our offense this past year.

Ken

Reaction score
I agreed he played good his rookie year. It’s not his rookie year anymore
it isn't...typically you try to add to your offense. Not give a young qb garbage to throw to.

He hasn't been perfect by any means but he really has nothing to hang his hat on.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
it isn't...typically you try to add to your offense. Not give a young qb garbage to throw to.

He hasn't been perfect by any means but he really has nothing to hang his hat on.

Well that’s your view. My view is his rookie year defenses respected our passing game and he benefited from our O-line and zeke and hit all the underneath stuff (that’s why Cole Beasley had 75 catches).

Since then, defenses have adjusted and dak hasn’t.

So I guess let me ask you this, do you want to rebuild the o-line cause you think dak is so good and irreplaceable and the o line and zeke suck? Or do you want to easily upgrade the talent at qb with a first round talent at qb and figure out what the problem is?

I get it. Dak is a good dude. It’s cool he likes to go fishing and all that. But his talent is drastically less than any qb we’ve played this year.

We fired all our position coaches. Canned our only 1 on 1 wr. Got great route runners. Got great wr coach. And the players are still *****ing about the QB.

Please tell me the fastest way to make the cowboys better? I say it’s by upgrading the qb that was passed over by guys that aren’t even in the nfl anymore

And by the way, dak was the biggest proponent of the we did not need a #1 we. He actually thinks running the 2 min drill as your offense works to build leads in the nfl. And it does, if your Tom Brady. But he’s not. And we didn’t build our team that way.

Ken

Reaction score
Well that’s your view. My view is his rookie year defenses respected our passing game and he benefited from our O-line and zeke and hit all the underneath stuff (that’s why Cole Beasley had 75 catches).

Since then, defenses have adjusted and dak hasn’t.

So I guess let me ask you this, do you want to rebuild the o-line cause you think dak is so good and irreplaceable and the o line and zeke suck? Or do you want to easily upgrade the talent at qb with a first round talent at qb and figure out what the problem is?

I get it. Dak is a good dude. It’s cool he likes to go fishing and all that. But his talent is drastically less than any qb we’ve played this year.

We fired all our position coaches. Canned our only 1 on 1 wr. Got great route runners. Got great wr coach. And the players are still *****ing about the QB.

Please tell me the fastest way to make the cowboys better? I say it’s by upgrading the qb that was passed over by guys that aren’t even in the nfl anymore
you mean and through half the season last year too where he was keeping pace with Wentz, right?

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Our O-line has sucked since the ATL game last season right at the same time our offensive struggles began. I've been harping on this for over a year now how badly they've been playing especially pass blocking. Dak's got a lot of issues but when he's given decent protection he puts up great numbers. We can win with that but he's devoid of weapons except Zeke and the O-line is playing horribly. Honestly other than Zeke Dak's not had very many weapons on offense...he had last year's league leader in drops and an ancient Witten. Add in poor scheme in which routes take forever to develop and it's been a recipe for disaster.
I am not quite ready to give up on Dak, I do think he needs to do better but it's not all his fault. There are reasonable explanations for what's happened to our offense this past year.

Well maybe we can get 5 more 1st round draft picks on our offensive line and then find out if our 4th round draft pick qb is any good. It only takes about 10 years to do that.

Or we could get a 1st round draft pick at qb when our 4th round draft pick at qb keeps sucking every year. That seems like the easiest option to me. But hey, I didn’t buy $300 worth of dak Prescott cowboys gear so it’s easy for me to say

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
you mean and through half the season last year too where he was keeping pace with Wentz, right?

If dak and wentz could be compared, dak would have been drafted a lot earlier than the 4th round. This isn’t the 1930’s anymore. Talent is measured nowadays. I guess your a believer of the dak is a gamer guy huh?

Ken

Reaction score
If dak and wentz could be compared, dak would have been drafted a lot earlier than the 4th round. This isn’t the 1930’s anymore. Talent is measured nowadays. I guess your a believer of the dak is a gamer guy huh?
Leader of the club.

Russell Wilson was a third round pick...if not for dui...Dak would have also gone in the 3rd most likely.

Dak is not the problem on this team.