Twitter: Cowboys among teams who have checked on Odell Beckham Jr.'s health recently

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Stephen or Jerry Jones in their next radio interview after Odell goes to another team. "We really tried hard, but *insert blank* is the reason the deal failed, but we almost got him at least."
They get a bad rep for it but I somewhat admire them not overpaying. I think you have to overpay to get what you want in this league but there are some names you do it for. Guys like Brandin Cooks and Odell ain't it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Getting this guy may tip the scale in the Cowboys favor over a team like the Vikings……but over the Niners and Eagles?……..not really

Cowboys have nothing to fear when it comes to any of those teams. The issue right now is figuring out how to limit the run. Odell would be insurance IMO.

Eagles, Vikings and 9ers are all flawed just like the Cowboys are. And Eagles may be undefeated but they've shown they can't stop the run just like the Cowboys can't.

shabazz

Reaction score
Cowboys have nothing to fear when it comes to any of those teams. The issue right now is figuring out how to limit the run. Odell would be insurance IMO.

Eagles, Vikings and 9ers are all flawed just like the Cowboys are. And Eagles may be undefeated but they've shown they can't stop the run just like the Cowboys can't.

We shall see……

Jarntt

Reaction score
Getting this guy may tip the scale in the Cowboys favor over a team like the Vikings……but over the Niners and Eagles?……..not really
I disagree. Not because I think signing OBJ helps us that much but because the 49ers and Eagles are flawed and really not much better than us now. I think both will struggle if they get behind early. Neither QB is a guy I trust to throw the ball when they need to and bring their team back and our strong point is when we can get up on a team and put them in passing situations. Will we against either, maybe not, but we certainly could…

now if you said Buffalo and KC, I’d tap out…

shabazz

Reaction score
I disagree. Not because I think signing OBJ helps us that much but because the 49ers and Eagles are flawed and really not much better than us now. I think both will struggle if they get behind early. Neither QB is a guy I trust to throw the ball when they need to and bring their team back and our strong point is when we can get up on a team and put them in passing situations. Will we against either, maybe not, but we certainly could…

now if you said Buffalo and KC, I’d tap out…

nice points but other than Garapollos limitations as Qb, I’m not sure where the Niners are flawed. Imo, they are better than last year and with the addition of a healthy MCCafree, I’m just a tad concerned.lol

Jarntt

Reaction score
nice points but other than Garapollos limitations as Qb, I’m not sure where the Niners are flawed. Imo, they are better than last year and with the addition of a healthy MCCafree, I’m just a tad concerned.lol
But IMO Garoppolo’s limitations are exactly what makes them flawed. I’ll ignore CMac’s injury history as a flaw because anyone can get hurt at any time.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Hell, you could see this coming a mile away once the Cooks trade fell through. He probably going to come down his preference which I'm guessing will give him the most snaps. His priority will be to show teams he's healthy enough to still play at a high level for a quality 2023 contract. Remember we started three WRs last season ( Coop, Lamb and Gallup ) but this year it's Lamb, Gallup and ?......
Brown who missed the Bears game.

Creeper

Reaction score
Coming off a major knee injury, will Beckham really be 100% in November or December? I wonder how much money he wants. OBJ at his best would be a boost for the Cowboys offense for sure. He has great hands, RAC, and he can get open. But I wonder if that's the guys we would be getting this year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I also don't think Beckham wants to tag along. I mean the guy just won a ring. I think he wants to be a part of a winner and be the reason they win. I think Cowboys get the edge there. Bills are stacked all over the field with big names.
Bills have depth issues at WR as well, he would easily be top 3 with them. (Jamison Crowder is on IR currently)

Stefon Diggs
Gabe Davis
Isaiah McKenzie
Khalil Shakir
Jake Kumerow

Last edited:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Bills have depth issues at WR as well, he would easily be top 3 with them.

Stefon Diggs
Gabe Davis
Isaiah McKenzie
Khalil Shakir
Jake Kumerow
I agree. I think bills can use him but does he want to play in cold weather again? I can see him choosing us based off of the bigger market and weather. Nowwwww money? Whole different story.

how big of a storyline would it be he signs here and plays on the thanksgiving against his former team in one of the biggest spotlight games of the year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Absolutely not. You’re going in to win a Super Bowl this year..

Hes rumored back to LA (Kupp) and Buffalo (Diggs) who have legit elite top tier #1 WRs

Not only that, but it gives us another weapon at WR, where we could use more weapons. Having him here on a cheap one year deal can beneficial for both sides. Us because we get a talented WR with an easy out if he's a troublemaker. He gets a one year deal on a team likely going to the playoffs that he can use as leverage to get one more pay day later. And then we get a comp pick if that happens. Essentially, we'd get a free pick for him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I understand past reputation, but two recent events carry more weight with me:
  1. He signed a very reasonable contract with the Rams last year, NOT coming off of ACL surgery
  2. By all accounts, he was great with the Rams and everyone loved him

Maybe the guy has matured? It happens.

Agreed. He hasn’t had any off the field issues in years. Not a single peep while with the rams who won a Super Bowl with him.

People grow up. They get wiser. I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him in at all.

pitt33

Reaction score
I understand past reputation, but two recent events carry more weight with me:
  1. He signed a very reasonable contract with the Rams last year, NOT coming off of ACL surgery
  2. By all accounts, he was great with the Rams and everyone loved him

Maybe the guy has matured? It happens.
All of that is a positive.

But the thing with recovering ACL’s is getting past the mental hurdle. And didn’t he have the surgery in late February? How effective will he be for whatever team he signs with.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think he’s going to have some form of a ‘market’ for his services, but I don’t foresee the numbers getting outrageous. The Packers stand out to me in particular. They’re DESPERATE for receivers if they hope to do anything this season.

His market value is 13M. I don't think the Cowboys win this bidding war. I'm guessing some team will pay him more than that, like the Giants or like you said, the Packers.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
radar-love-search.gif

speedkilz88

Reaction score
His market value is 13M. I don't think the Cowboys win this bidding war. I'm guessing some team will pay him more than that, like the Giants or like you said, the Packers.
He'll be signing for a minimum type contract.