Cowboys and Earl Thomas to Meet in Next 48Hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
My logic isn’t flawed, there has been no official word from the cowboys organization, and whether you want to admit it or not many many times offical team confirmed visits are the norm for fas

you are simply refusing to acknowledge that there is zero word or credibility out there....just pointing out the flaw in your logic
Wait , are you two actually debating flaws in logic on an opinion based topic ?

:lmao2:

Adreme

Reaction score
Still on fence, but I'm leaning yes.

Thing is, doesnt look like Jerry is gonna ask for my opinion.

Hey....there's no reason they SHOULDN'T meet w ET.

At least hear his version of what happened.

He probably realized its gonna be Clowney time if he doesnt say the right things and quickly.

The thing about Clowney is that he probably could have signed whatever deal he ends up signing this weekend 3 months ago, but he clearly does not like training camp and was wiling to wait until the end of it to sign a contract.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
My logic isn’t flawed, there has been no official word from the cowboys organization, and whether you want to admit it or not many many times offical team confirmed visits are the norm for fas

you are simply refusing to acknowledge that there is zero word or credibility out there....just pointing out the flaw in your logic
Because the organization is so forthcoming

phildadon86

Reaction score

There was no word about Griffen either

lukin2006

Reaction score
The old Jerry needs to meet him … and take a chance and gamble that ET just might be the final piece to a SB championship.

ArtClink

Reaction score
thats hilarious that you think you know what is going on behind closed doors, its taken this long to even set a meet because its being discussed by all, MM is part of it.. besides we need a S not many left Woods is hurt, dix is cut, they are trying to convert a draft pick and bring in Carr , that a sad state..our DBs overall look to be a weak point of this team..

Hmm if im MM i roll the dice on ET if they get that worked out with a contract that protects them..

im betting 70% of the fans want ET so somehow Jones is a dictator for bringing in player for visit? he is the GM, not the only GM that brings in players with issues that get 20 chances.. NE does it more then anyone but teams all do this at some point..

at least jerry did the right thing and didnt trade for him, didnt over pay him and now he can come on a mostly non guaranteed structured deal in place hes always wanted to play, maybe he behaves for season and does some great stuff..

Id say Jerry the GM did well restraining all this time on ET and other bad deals.. even Dak hes making sure.. i give him credit NOT the bs narratives being thrown around here..

I dont to pretend to know the tactical workings of the org, I am simply viewing the history of the Jerry-led Cowboys over the past 25 yrs at a 10,000 feet level. This vantage point is accessible for adult fans as well as children (who btw, wont tolerate losing for very long).

This 10,000 feet view has no regard for winning the nfc east or regular season records. We are (or used to be) the gold standard of winning nfc championships and super bowl championships. This view for me has never changed from the Landry era, the Jimmy era, to the present. Deep playoff runs are all that matter. You cant mk deep playoff runs every year but 25 yrs is a hell of a drought. Since the only constant over the past 25 yrs is Jerry, thus the conclusion. After all, are'nt nfl GMs accountable for the lack of deep playoff runs?

We are all fans, and I respect your opinion and criticism, so my view from 10,000 feet might not be one that you like or respect. Just remember I still judge our franchise the same way I always have, whether it was Landry or Jimmy who was the championship architect. We should all hold the Cowboys to the same gold standard of winning that defines championship excellence: deep playoff runs. Hoping this yr will be different. 25 yrs is an eternity to wait to win a measly div playoff game but hope springs eternal. :)

Wood

Reaction score
he works for 98.7 with Ben and Skin. He is one of the Broaddus guys though that all scout players for the draft.

I figured he was getting his info from someone within that broaddus pipeline. He also probably has plenty of his own contacts at this point between players, agents, coaches, scouts, staff etc.

from what I heard it was thru KT own contact and they have been very reliable in past.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont to pretend to know the tactical workings of the org, I am simply viewing the history of the Jerry-led Cowboys over the past 25 yrs at a 10,000 feet level. This vantage point is accessible for adult fans as well as children (who btw, wont tolerate losing for very long).

This 10,000 feet view has no regard for winning the nfc east or regular season records. We are (or used to be) the gold standard of winning nfc championships and super bowl championships. This view for me has never changed from the Landry era, the Jimmy era, to the present. Deep playoff runs are all that matter. You cant mk deep playoff runs every year but 25 yrs is a hell of a drought. Since the only constant over the past 25 yrs is Jerry, thus the conclusion. After all, are'nt nfl GMs accountable for the lack of deep playoff runs?

We are all fans, and I respect your opinion and criticism, so my view from 10,000 feet might not be one that you like or respect. Just remember I still judge our franchise the same way I always have, whether it was Landry or Jimmy who was the championship architect. We should all hold the Cowboys to the same gold standard of winning that defines championship excellence: deep playoff runs. Hoping this yr will be different. 25 yrs is an eternity to wait to win a measly div playoff game but hope springs eternal. :)
Well said Art. That’s as good a description as I’ve seen for the last 25 years. They speak for themselves.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Well said Art. That’s as good a description as I’ve seen for the last 25 years. They speak for themselves.

The bottom line results, or lack thereof represent the legacy of Jerry the "football guy" & GM. Unfortunately for those of us who only care about an occasional deep playoff run, we are stuck with a "til death do us part" pact not only with the fuhrer but his son, his grandson, etc.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Why does this franchise gravitate to locker room cancers like TO & Earl "The Pearl" Thomas?

MikeB80

Reaction score
Why does this franchise gravitate to locker room cancers like TO & Earl "The Pearl" Thomas?

Short Cuts. People who fail a lot are always looking for short cuts.

also they see a way to not have to pay a player his actual market value because they are in a down moment or are have legal issues etc.

also the it won't happen to me thing. They knew exactly how Owens would act here and he did just that and they had to release him because of it. Thomas will be the same way.

The best indicator or future behavior is past behavior.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Short Cuts. People who fail a lot are always looking for short cuts.

also they see a way to not have to pay a player his actual market value because they are in a down moment or are have legal issues etc.

also the it won't happen to me thing. They knew exactly how Owens would act here and he did just that and they had to release him because of it. Thomas will be the same way.

The best indicator or future behavior is past behavior.

You and I see things eye-to-eye. ET will be happy initially and when adversity comes, well ...

SoBlue128

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if KT heard a former Ravens' Safety and thought Earl Thomas but the Cowboys are thinking Brandon Carr

That’s an interesting theory and possible but I don’t think so he’s pretty dialed in.

mullet

Reaction score
2:26pm Saturday:
Earl is sitting outside at the Grove Restaurant in Austin right this moment a few tables over from me and my family.
He is wearing a very gaudy medallion (which is what made we zoom in and realize it was him).
And, clearly he is not is Dallas currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.