Cowboys and Earl Thomas to Meet in Next 48Hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
And yet, despite being given a massive contract and playing for a legit contender, Thomas still went out, loafed on defense, free lanced, showed up late for meetings, half assed it in practice and made pretty much most of the team want him out of Baltimore.

Why are people assuming he'll be a good soldier here?

There's no pattern of behavior or work ethic issues other than the Ravens. Guess you could say I'm willing to look at the Ravens as a marriage that never should have happened. Remember we were ready to trade a 2nd round pick knowing he needed a new contract. That doesn't happen unless we know we can resign him. He becomes a free agent and I'm pretty sure Stephen likely offered the same money he would have gotten if the trade had gone through but ET got greedy. We start hearing how he wanted to be the league's highest-paid safety. So IMO, you can say he chose to follow a little more money, questionable fit with the Raven vs better fit here but little less money. Bottom line IMO, he got greedy and it cost him.
But I don't see him as a TO or AB that train wrecked a few teams.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as this is MM’s call I am fine with it. But if it is Jerry meddling and forcing it on him than hell no

General Managers(Jerry) don't meddle they put the team together.
Big Mike Job is to coach them to greatness.
Hence the 25 years of misery.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is an unwise assumption because this type of logic can be applied to many players who keep finding themselves bouncing around or in and out of the league. Josh Gordon could have been one of the best WRs in football and yet he can't keep his crap straight.

IDK .... but how many have HOF credentials.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He is stated something as a fact, and then backtracked and said it's what he believes, or what he's heard.

It's not me that's failing to compute.

Yeah genius. He reported what his sources have told him. He cannot however guarantee that it will happen.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Thomas will only wear a star w/McCarthy's blessing. Logan Ryan is the better fit. Why?

For a player on the wrong side of 30, who's been on injured reserve twice in the past four seasons, is producing a rate comparable to a year in which he missed 31.3 percent of the season, & who was just released one year into a megadeal after shrugging off meetings/throwing hands at a teammate it's not the most attractive look.

Thomas would tarnish the star. He's a bad egg!

Sydla

Reaction score
There's no pattern of behavior or work ethic issues other than the Ravens. Guess you could say I'm willing to look at the Ravens as a marriage that never should have happened. Remember we were ready to trade a 2nd round pick knowing he needed a new contract. That doesn't happen unless we know we can resign him. He becomes a free agent and I'm pretty sure Stephen likely offered the same money he would have gotten if the trade had gone through but ET got greedy. We start hearing how he wanted to be the league's highest-paid safety. So IMO, you can say he chose to follow a little more money, questionable fit with the Raven vs better fit here but little less money. Bottom line IMO, he got greedy and it cost him.
But I don't see him as a TO or AB that train wrecked a few teams.

He was making more money than he could have gotten anywhere and he was on a SB contender and somehow, he didn't care enough to not be a total dbag?

Yeah. That's a red flag. Note, I am not saying definitely don't bring him in here, but I have serious doubts whether he's going to be a good apple here. He better be on the shortest leash ever. I mean if he is late for one meeting or practice, I'd send him packing for sure.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah, but Earl is no Ed Reed.

Ed Reeds the goat but Earl is one of the GOAT FS’s imo.

Earl can cover as much ground as anyone that’s ever played the position.

My point was The great Safeties age well and Earl is one of the best to ever do it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Yeah genius. He reported what his sources have told him. He cannot however guarantee that it will happen.

Compared to you, I do appear to be a genius.

Why is it difficult to understand the difference between reporting that you heard, or are being told, something, and reporting that something is in fact true?

It's misleading reporting, period.

jjktkk

Reaction score
And yet, despite being given a massive contract and playing for a legit contender, Thomas still went out, loafed on defense, free lanced, showed up late for meetings, half assed it in practice and made pretty much most of the team want him out of Baltimore.

Why are people assuming he'll be a good soldier here?
Hope. Hope that playing in his home state will help, playing for "America's team", etc... I honestly have concerns for ET's mental makeup.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
This isn't "reporting." This is throwing **** at the wall and hoping that some of it sticks. If, and that is a HUGE if, they do meet, he looks like a genius and if they don't he simply puts out a new "They changed their minds" post. In short, there is nothing REAL here.

quickccc

Reaction score
This isn't "reporting." This is throwing **** at the wall and hoping that some of it sticks. If, and that is a HUGE if, they do meet, he looks like a genius and if they don't he simply puts out a new "They changed their minds" post. In short, there is nothing REAL here.

...exactly i was just about to post the same exact thing.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He was making more money than he could have gotten anywhere and he was on a SB contender and somehow, he didn't care enough to not be a total dbag?

Yeah. That's a red flag. Note, I am not saying definitely don't bring him in here, but I have serious doubts whether he's going to be a good apple here. He better be on the shortest leash ever. I mean if he is late for one meeting or practice, I'd send him packing for sure.

+1........No question, he F'ed up with the Ravens. Call it a bad fit, oil and water, apples and oranges, or whatever but IF he owns it w/o making excuses or blaming Dick, Tom or Harry, I'm Ok giving him 1 year to prove he for real. All I'm say .....

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Ed Reeds the goat but Earl is one of the GOAT FS’s imo.

Earl can cover as much ground as anyone that’s ever played the position.

My point was The great Safeties age well and Earl is one of the best to ever do it.
No doubt he’s good, but when I think great safetys, I think Reed, Lott, Polamalu, Atwater, Krause, Wilson, Houston, Dawkins, etc. I guess Earl is in there somewhere, but not at the top IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.