Cowboys and Earl Thomas to Meet in Next 48Hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Compared to you, I do appear to be a genius.

Why is it difficult to understand the difference between reporting that you heard, or are being told, something, and reporting that something is in fact true?

It's misleading reporting, period.

Lol, you’re not a genius gummi bear.

I can’t help if you’re so simple-minded to not be able to differentiate what he’s doing.

Clearly, daddy must have made some promises he didn’t keep so now you require everything in your world to be black and white for you.

jjktkk

Reaction score

History does say a lot. But for the 1st time in awhile I have the vibe that given the uncertainty with Dak beyond this year, the FA signings, etc..., that this is a Super bowl or bust for Jerry, so I think an ET signing is more likely. Given ET's firing and Jerry's negotiating skills, It's doable imo.

EST_1986

Reaction score
too bad Heath isn't here, I'd love for him to take a punch or 14 to the face from ET

Qcard

Reaction score
He is stated something as a fact, and then backtracked and said it's what he believes, or what he's heard.

It's not me that's failing to compute.
It appears your comprehension and thoughtful development skills are lacking in this thread...

At 6:02am KT tweeted
: Happy Friday everyone. Doesn’t have much to do with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, and I can’t guarantee pen will hit paper, but after originally thinking they’d try to wait until after Week1, I now think Earl Thomas is a Dallas Cowboy in the next 48 hours. A market has developed.

At 6:18am KT followed up initial tweet 16mins later:
@ktfuntweets
I’m reporting he’s scheduled to meet with them in the next 48 hours

So clearly, KT is developing his information and as journalist has the professional leway to Report on what he's think based on his sources... remember Earl lives in Dallas, is. UT Alum and has numerous connections in Metroplex.

Just call KT a hack if this is all lie but this is the normal development on situations from the media.... isn't it?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Dear God, please end this drama once and for all (lol).....

They already told us they now prefer to do business in private. Silence and no comment reply’s are a sure sign something is happening. It might not be ET but maybe they want everyone to think it is while they are working on another deal. We will find out shortly. At least it appears they are doing something to improve a glaring weakness instead of tp just leaving it and watching teams exploit it all season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They already told us they now prefer to do business in private. Silence and no comment reply’s are a sure sign something is happening. It might not be ET but maybe they want everyone to think it is while they are working on another deal. We will find out shortly. At least it appears they are doing something to improve a glaring weakness instead of tp just leaving it and watching teams exploit it all season.

+1........think WE ALL can agree something is going on. No way in hell they're starting the season with Tompson ( ms) as starting S.

BTW......maybe we shouldn't rule out a trade either

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes, but the 2nd tweet had more clarity and conviction "I am reporting".....journalism 101

If you’re following the present guidelines of “ journalism 101”, there is no need to name any sources or any supporting facts

You've got a ton of leeway here

freemanjc19

Reaction score
And yet, despite being given a massive contract and playing for a legit contender, Thomas still went out, loafed on defense, free lanced, showed up late for meetings, half assed it in practice and made pretty much most of the team want him out of Baltimore.

Why are people assuming he'll be a good soldier here?

Why be debby Downer, Karen?

Qcard

Reaction score
If you’re following the present guidelines of “ journalism 101”, there is no need to name any sources or any supporting facts

You've got a ton of leeway here
Sir!! Factually in present times you are 100% correct.
But I'll add credibility and track record count for something. So just depends on your spider senses and memory....

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I’m reporting he’s scheduled to meet with them in the next 48 hours

*Sigh* Why is this so hard for people...

This right here is a definitive statement. The word "reporting" does not alter it as a statement of fact. He has not confirmed this information.

He makes a statement of fact, and THEN says, basically, "Well, maybe, I dunno. I think so."

Status
Not open for further replies.