Cowboys and Earl Thomas to Meet in Next 48Hrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Lol, you’re not a genius gummi bear.

I can’t help if you’re so simple-minded to not be able to differentiate what he’s doing.

Clearly, daddy must have made some promises he didn’t keep so now you require everything in your world to be black and white for you.
I know exactly what he did (doing implies present tense fyi), and it's shoddy, just as I said. I don't require black and white. Words have meaning. He indicated one thing, while meaning another.

It's not surprised you approve of it. You and your friends eat up that kind of awful "journalism."

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ed Reeds the goat but Earl is one of the GOAT FS’s imo.

Earl can cover as much ground as anyone that’s ever played the position.

My point was The great Safeties age well and Earl is one of the best to ever do it.

Exactly, it's like saying Aikman is no Brady.

Qcard

Reaction score
*Sigh* Why is this so hard for people...

This right here is a definitive statement. The word "reporting" does not alter it as a statement of fact. He has not confirmed this information.

He makes a statement of fact, and THEN says, basically, "Well, maybe, I dunno. I think so."
Where exactly and in what tweet did KT state "Well, maybe, I dunno"? Did you conjure up this statement?

He reported that "Cowboys and Earl meeting in next 48hrs"?

Enlighten us?

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tough to keep anything under wraps these days.

Pardon my ignorance, but why would someone want to be a "source"? There's no recognition as it's anonymous. I don't get it. Does Werder, Rap and all these guys pay their sources on the side? Seems to me it's a good way to get in hot water and potentially messes with your livelihood.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Sir!! Factually in present times you are 100% correct.
But I'll add credibility and track record count for something. So just depends on your spider senses and memory....
This is true until you start trading on your credibility and track record long enough you end up as many disgraced journalists.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Where exactly and in what tweet did KT state "Well, maybe, I dunno"? Did you conjure up this statement?

He reported that "Cowboys and Earl meeting in next 48hrs"?

Enlighten us?

It's called paraphrasing. What the hell do they teach in school these days?

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Why be debby Downer, Karen?

So wondering if a player who just got booted from another team for punching a player in the face and who the players didn't want around anymore being a good fit here is being a debbie downer?

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I like it I’m on board, just think didn’t they want to keep Haha until Earl was signed? They already cleared $9m for Earl I think, so I’m guessing that’s the deal for 1 year, or maybe the $9m is the signing bonus on a 2 year. My final guess is 2 year $17.5m $9m signing bonus fully guaranteed.

pansophy

Reaction score
Would be nice after week 1 so nothing is guaranteed. Would in essence be a TO contract to ensure good behavior. Mistake Jerry made was to give TO guaranteed cash in the 2nd contract.

Sydla

Reaction score
I like it I’m on board, just think didn’t they want to keep Haha until Earl was signed? They already cleared $9m for Earl I think, so I’m guessing that’s the deal for 1 year, or maybe the $9m is the signing bonus on a 2 year. My final guess is 2 year $17.5m $9m signing bonus fully guaranteed.

That would be a complete overpay at this point for Thomas. There doesn't seem to be much of a market for him at this point. He's coming from a situation where his previous team and teammates wanted nothing to do with him.................... so two years, 17.5MM with $9MM guaranteed seems like a really poor contract.

Carson

Reaction score
Would be nice after week 1 so nothing is guaranteed. Would in essence be a TO contract to ensure good behavior. Mistake Jerry made was to give TO guaranteed cash in the 2nd contract.

I mean we guaranteed 5+ to mccoy and haha and they won’t play a single down here. So I’m not to worried about a few extra mil for Earl week one

Qcard

Reaction score
It's called paraphrasing. What the hell do they teach in school these days?

Great response...gives us a chance for substantive conversation.

First Rule of Journalism
1. Truth and Accuracy. Journalists cannot always guarantee 'truth', but getting the facts right is the cardinal principle of journalism. We should always strive for accuracy, give all the relevant facts we have and ensure that they have been checked.

You are conflating Fact and Truth.

You can have Fact without Truth....

But you can't have TRUTH WITHOUT Facts

KT stated a Fact from a source whom believes it's true....

See how journalism works?

The Truth will be revealed soon.....

Ren

Reaction score
Earl Thomas to Dallas make to much sense, that’s why we won’t do it and then everyone will spend all season talking about how we need a good safety as we’re getting torched deep like always

Status
Not open for further replies.