Signed by Cowboys Cowboys and Martin reach deal. Zack Martin ends holdout

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Just wondering about the fine for missing camp days now. Had to be approaching $1 million and according to the CBA Martin has to pay it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just wondering about the fine for missing camp days now. Had to be approaching $1 million and according to the CBA Martin has to pay it.
Yep. I mean he got more than enough to pay for it. There was a going to be a certain point where it made no sense to even hold out any longer. Martin and his team probably wanted more and Jerry wanted him to stay at what he had so they met in the middle it seems.

conner01

Reaction score
the way the backups looked on Saturday, you knew this was coming soon.

IMO, Martin picked up leverage in the negotiation because nobody wants to see Dak back there behind a backup RG
He didn’t need leverage. This was a conclusion that was always gonna hapoen
He got some extra rest, Jerry saved some money with him sitting out. All is well
I don’t think anyone actually believed this wasn’t gonna be the outcome at some point

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
He didn’t need leverage. This was a conclusion that was always gonna hapoen
He got some extra rest, Jerry saved some money with him sitting out. All is well
I don’t think anyone actually believed this wasn’t gonna be the outcome at some point
I agree 100 percent. The only part I got wrong was Martin not coming back until after the team left California. Now I wonder if he flies all the way out there or just stays back until camp breaks and practice resumes in Texas.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Jerry's response:

"You play your way to the Hall of Fame and we'll talk about it."

giphy.gif
AAAAA&HHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS THAT?!?!?!?!

oh wait....nevermind.

Motorola

Reaction score

of course. never was a doubt in my mind he'd be in the fold before Week 1.

oh no. jones paid him more money? shocking!

Not really. :rolleyes: Or it should not have been to anyone. :laugh:
Martin didn't gain any leverage...everyone knew he was our best right guard and the guys behind him aren't good. This is why he did the holdout to begin with.
So shocked they got this done....lol

They let him have a couple of weeks off while they really let the young guys play. Not hard to see what was going on.
I have to chuckle about the uproar in CZ land

JayFord

Reaction score
The only question is, did the 2nd string guys conspire to get their role model back, or were they really that bad against the Jags?
2nd string lineman that are good are hard to find because other teams will take them

glimmerman

Reaction score
And didn’t even extend him for the 2 voided years after that. Guessing he didn’t want to.

Majic

Reaction score
I expect that put a smile on the face of the agents of Dak, Ceedee and Micah

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent. The only part I got wrong was Martin not coming back until after the team left California. Now I wonder if he flies all the way out there or just stays back until camp breaks and practice resumes in Texas.
He just needs some conditioning work so I could see him staying home but he may want to be there with his teammates

conner01

Reaction score
There already are two void years that I believe they can dump more cap hits already.
That’s likely what they did
In 2 years they have to decide what he has left as a player. Oline is a position some can play into their late 30’s

starfan1

Reaction score
Guess it only took 1 game of watching back ups. I disagree with Zack but hey it’s not my cash

quickccc

Reaction score
Folks we know it was only a matter of time ...add some more Millions to contract to cover those daily fines ?

plasticman

Reaction score
Could someone far more proficient then I please find the best meme that illustrates the expression of .....

"Whew!"