Signed by Cowboys Cowboys and Martin reach deal. Zack Martin ends holdout

RandyOh

Reaction score
No..Nooo..NOOOO! We was supposed to trade him for Chris Jones because he’s a 1st ballot Hall of Fame guard but he’s 33 which is far too old to play for this team but at same time still worth a ton in a trade..don’t question my logic :mad:

Really tho great to see the best player on our offense return. Duece gonna become despised around the league running behind Martin.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I’m guessing he’s retiring after 2024 season with only a 2 year deal. Better draft 2 guards this upcoming year. One to replace Tyron when Tyler goes out to Tackle and one for Zack

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing people never brought up was evidently Zack was just saying he didn't like that his last two years weren't guaranteed. Now they are and he goes from like 14 mil per no guarantee to 18 mil per and guaranteed.
Funny how Jerry told him to screw off and made enough to just give him what he wants a little bit later.
There was no way in hell Jerry was ever going to force his future Hall of Famer to come back to the team with his tail between his legs and no concessions. There's the requisite posturing, some public back and forth, the player takes a paid vacation and presto chango things magically work-out without missing any games.

Motorola

Reaction score
The only surprise for me was how soon a new extension deal was worked out. I expected Jerry’s “tough stance” to last at least another week or two, lol
Perhaps one or two (or three) team principals got into the the owner's ear - or face...
EVP-CEO-DPP (aka eldest son); HC; new OC; new OLine Coach; QB1.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
oh no. jones paid him more money? shocking!

Not really. :rolleyes: Or it should not have been to anyone. :laugh:
The only thing I'm surprised about is that they didn't work it into an extension. I would have worked hard to get two years added to his deal.