Signed by Cowboys Cowboys and Martin reach deal. Zack Martin ends holdout

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
I can't stand greedy players...
It's a business. Sort of what you are implying is, "I hate greedy players but I love greedy owners". This is 100% a business. In business you flex your muscles when you have leverage. Zack had leverage and won. Great for him. There's nothing greedy about it. It's just called "business" in America.
Jerry Jones paid a couple hundred million on the Cowboys and they are worth 9 billion now. Is Jerry greedy? Nope. He's just a good businessman just like Zack Martin is.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
He did,,, That worked out well and I'm sure that's how the Cowboys/Martin expected it to pan out. Zach gets a little extra cash to save face and gets a little paid vacation from TC,,, the Cowboys pony up a little more money but not a lot. The fans rejoice.
One thing people never brought up was evidently Zack was just saying he didn't like that his last two years weren't guaranteed. Now they are and he goes from like 14 mil per no guarantee to 18 mil per and guaranteed.
Funny how Jerry told him to screw off and made enough to just give him what he wants a little bit later.

Motorola

Reaction score
Martin just one more player on a long list of NFL stars that held out during training camp - and sometimes into, and through a regular season due to contract disputes.
Some HOFs among them: John Hannah, Fred Dean, Eric Dickerson ---
even the recently enshrined Darrelle Revis.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I knew this had to get done. No way Jerry can claim this is a SB contender without him.