Cowboys chippy in practice

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We probably will come out and play hard. But, the inevitable storm of mistakes will come anyways. A 3rd down drop here, a couple of holding calls there, the inevitable special teams miscue. I unfortunately am skeptical that we can clean it up even if we lock in now.
What you are talking about is what had given me hope for improvement - thinking these little nagging things that keep getting in our way could be cleaned up. Stepping on our own toes seemed to be the problem in our losses. But Thursday it just felt like we got outplayed.

Reactions: CWR

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
I almost had a heart attack. I thought Chip Kelly was at practice.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jason needs to let some of these guys play angry. Not wreckless but a little angry playing is good. He tries to get them too much on an even keel.

nobody

Reaction score
*yawn* We've seen this song and dance before. They get motivated....for all of like 5 minutes...then return to their lame ways.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there is no hope this season, then why not wait until after the season when there is time to fully explore all options for a new HC?
Why not fire Garrett and hire Meyer and give him the rest of the season to evaluate all assistant coaches and the roster?

Qcard

Reaction score
Todd Archer Staff Writer
After the loss to Buffalo, Ezekiel Elliott said the team was "pissed off." Elliott said Sunday's practice was good. "Great energy, guys were on their stuff," Elliott said. "Guys had a little stuff in their neck, just a little chippy and ready to go." A 6-6, the Cowboys remain in first place in the NFC East but have lost six of their last nine games, heading into Thursday's game against Chicago.
Yada yada yada....

Where was that chippyness when Bills QB1 Allen was punking the defense....?

MaaS

Reaction score
What you are talking about is what had given me hope for improvement - thinking these little nagging things that keep getting in our way could be cleaned up. Stepping on our own toes seemed to be the problem in our losses. But Thursday it just felt like we got outplayed.

Oh we absolutely got outplayed on Thursday.

I guess it's possible that Dallas becomes a disciplined team. These are professionals. But, they're also humans. Humans are creatures of habit. If you let a guy hold in practice for months, they'll hold in the game. If a dlineman lines up just a few feet in the incorrect direction a handful of times in practice for months, they'll eventually do it in a game. From this teams performance over the years and Garrett's "big picture" type comments, I just don't think we pay any attention to detail and it'll take a training camp to correct.

Cheers to me being wrong!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not fire Garrett and hire Meyer and give him the rest of the season to evaluate all assistant coaches and the roster?
Do you even know Meyer would take the job? And even if he would, while there might be a benefit to evaluating current assistants, there might also be benefit to Meyer startng fresh next year, with new systems, new procedures, new schemes, his guys working for him etc …, rather than his first presence with the team being guided by the current systems, procedures, schemes, assistants etc ….. In other words, a fresh start in a situation where he can change whatever he wants. He wouldn't be in that situation now. If he came in now it would simply amount to everything being the same except the guy giving the speeches in the locker room.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Time for a new lame slogan, maybe throw some business the way of the local T-shirt printer.
"Lets get Chippy
Yippee, Yippee, Yippee"

HungryLion

Reaction score
Im ready to start a petition to get us of national television. As if its not embarrassing enough, we get to flounder in front of the entire nation. Lol

You better not.

I don’t live in the Dallas television market. I need the National games.

Reactions: CWR