***Cowboys Chris (aka Quarterback Coach) Mega Thread***

TimeKeeper

Reaction score
Regarding the video he said something to the effect of "don't become that fan".

Backing up Werder of course, he said that the Plax story started with un-named sources too. And that the Enron scandal would have never broken if not for un-named sources. :rolleyes:

trueblue1687

Reaction score
TimeKeeper;2499907 said:

Backing up Werder of course, he said that the Plax story started with un-named sources too. And that the Enron scandal would have never broken if not for un-named sources. :rolleyes:

Of course the obvious discrepancy w/ the Plax v. TO stories is that Plaxico's incident was validated by a police investigation while Werder's TO story is still being validated with assumptions and lots of ifs and buts.

Mike_45

Reaction score
TimeKeeper;2499907 said:

Comparing T.O.'s stuff to Enron is a little farfetched even for Colin Cowturd. No one is loosing their retirement over that...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TimeKeeper;2499907 said:

An unnamed source told me that ESPN creates facts and says they were told by unnamed sources. Don't believe me? Enron and Plax stories were started by unnamed sources. :cool:

alancdc

Reaction score
In his defense, he was giving us much love yesterday saying that we were playing as well as anyone in the league.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I don't think he is trying to compare the latest fiasco regarding Terrell Owens to Enron. Instead, I think he is just pointing out that unnamed sources are a big part of reporting and have been used in the past to break some of the biggest stories.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Plaxico Burress had a bullet in his leg so there was no shortage of evidence and no need to rely on any unnamed source. Cowturd insn't watching the Eastern media coverage obviously. They had actual photos of Burress within hours.

Enron info didn't break until wayyyyyy too late for it matter. So much for the "sources" there.

All the media sucking up and siding with their peers is so clearly biased it isn'ty even worth paying attention to.

cowboyblue31

Reaction score
TimeKeeper;2499907 said:

I agree with that.

I know Cowboy Chris is a legend to some fans here, but I don't agree with what he did.

Werder was just doing his job.

:starspin :starspin :starspin

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2499920 said:
I don't think he is trying to compare the latest fiasco regarding Terrell Owens to Enron. Instead, I think he is just pointing out that unnamed sources are a big part of reporting and have been used in the past to break some of the biggest stories.

Like the majority of the media and wanna-be media he is merely protecting his home turf.

You don't ask ANY union member to discuss right to work laws and expect any but a single take.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
cowboyblue31;2499927 said:
I agree with that.

I know Cowboy Chris is a legend to some fans here, but I don't agree with what he did.

Werder was just doing his job.

:starspin :starspin :starspin

I wouldn't have heckled him but the guy does deserve to see that his stories effect people and his actions can have consequences for his own self. His stories impact the Cowboys job performance and security.

How many coaches have been run out of jobs by Media perception?

When a reporter uses a "remote" heckle essentially they can't cry about being heckled.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there are actual unnamed sources within the Owens story, I have less respect for both Ed Werder and the so-called sources themselves. At best, this is an average story which Werder should been able to report without restrictions. As far as the sources themselves, if they were to read this, I would tell them this wasn't WaterGate, TravelGate or, heck, ScissorsGate. It would have been just another Terrell Owens story. Allow Werder to say who you are or don't relay your alleged "facts" in the first place. Everyone's neck was safe, including yours.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
alancdc;2499918 said:
In his defense, he was giving us much love yesterday saying that we were playing as well as anyone in the league.

..........damage control.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Seven;2499962 said:
..........damage control.
It's not damage control. He's been saying that for a while. He's said he doesn't think we'll win it all because we have a poor head coach and an undisciplined team, but even going back to the preseason he's said we're the most talented team. And after the Pitt game, he said we looked to have the toughness to match.

I pretty much agree with everything he said this morning.

TO can bash Werder and psycho Chris can yell in the street like a maniac, but the fact is that Peter King, the DMN, the FWST, Mosely and Werder were all reporting basically the same thing.

But fans would rather scapegoat a bunch of reporters than admit that one of our best players has the emotional stability of cowboy chris.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2499975 said:
It's not damage control. He's been saying that for a while. He's said he doesn't think we'll win it all because we have a poor head coach and an undisciplined team, but even going back to the preseason he's said we're the most talented team. And after the Pitt game, he said we looked to have the toughness to match.

TO can bash Werder and psycho Chris can yell in the street like a maniac, but the fact is that Peter King, the DMN, the FWST, Mosely and Werder were all reporting basically the same thing.

But fans would rather scapegoat a bunch of reporters than admit that one of our best players has the emotional stability of cowboy chris.

Get ready to take cover after this post!

alancdc

Reaction score

Tend to agree with you on all this.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would rather you not insult CowboyChris. Thank you.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Who is CowboyChris and does anyone have a link to the video he was in?

Edit: Was he the same guy yelling at Wade Phillips and many other players boarding the bus after one of the earlier games this year?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maikeru-sama;2499995 said:
Who is CowboyChris and does anyone have a link to the video he was in?
DCFanatic posted a clean version of the video here a couple of days ago...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2499920 said:

:clap:

I'm glad someone recognized the point of the comparison.