Cowboys Cut Kosier

popp1234

Reaction score
TheRat;4465299 said:
"The Cowboys plan to start newly acquired Nate Livings and Mackenzy Bernadeau at guard."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/16/cowboys-to-cut-kyle-kosier/

Like I have been telling people on this board for the past few days: you can get any bum off the street to play guard.

I call BS. If they signed THESE guys and said they plan to start them? That does not sound like Jason Garrett. It's only March. Maybe they will start, but not until they show they can beat out the competition....rookies, other possible FA pickups, current players on the roster, etc.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
:(

Sad to see Kosier go, will be missed. Proud to call that guy a Cowboy.

jubal

Reaction score
Just reported on news, Kosier to be cut next.:eek:
How does this make you feel,and is it to free up more money?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The day he arrived I was really kind of peeved. I didn't think much of him. Boy did he prove me wrong. I have eaten crow many times over how wrong I was about him.

Here's hoping one at least one of these two new guys proves me as wrong.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
popp1234;4465337 said:
I call BS. If they signed THESE guys and said they plan to start them? That does not sound like Jason Garrett. It's only March. Maybe they will start, but not until they show they can beat out the competition....rookies, other possible FA pickups, current players on the roster, etc.

Doesn't sound like Jason Garrett. Sounds like Jerry Jones.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
popp1234;4465337 said:
Sure they will compete, but somebody has to line up in the starting lineup when minicamps start up. The guys given the 3-4 million a year contracts will be the ones that most likely do that.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
casmith07;4465209 said:
This one saddens me. End of an era.

This is going to sound cynical, so my apologies up front, but what era? The Kozier era? I mean, he was a good player, and I sure appreciated having him, but it isn't exactly up there with having Larry Allen for 12 years.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I concur with the concensus that Kosier played well as a Cowboy and certainly outplayed his contract. However, his legs just keep breaking down on him and I don't think his body can take the sport anymore. I do hope he retires and I hope he has saved much of his earnings and lives a comfortable life.

popp1234

Reaction score
Eskimo;4465365 said:
I concur with the concensus that Kosier played well as a Cowboy and certainly outplayed his contract. However, his legs just keep breaking down on him and I don't think his body can take the sport anymore. I do hope he retires and I hope he has saved much of his earnings and lives a comfortable life.

I agree. I also feel he would make a pretty good OL coach one day.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheRat;4465299 said:
Like I have been telling people on this board for the past few days: you can get any bum off the street to play guard.
And like the past few days you are still wrong.