Twitter: Cowboys cutdown to 53 thread *Post #1 Updated* ***Merged***

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Also miffed we are carrying 3 qbs.

In the future event that Dustin becomes a beast. I will pull a Risen Star and pretend I was never against the move.

DFWJC

Reaction score
it's not even about whether they're starter material or not.. it's about sending a mixed message to your players that "hey, you can work your *** off in TC, perform well in preseason games, but it doesn't matter we're still going to cut you for a player that didn't do half of what you did in preseason."

I get that, but who are you preferring to in particular?
They absolutely loved the work that Randle did this preseason and they think they found a potential future starter in Devin Street.
Vaughn?
Clutts?

Maybe those two.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I made this based on reported cut. Check for errors:

C Frederick, Travis
CB Carr, Brandon
CB Claiborne, Morris
CB Moore, Sterling
CB Patmon, Tyler
DE Lavar Edwards
DE Crawford, Tyrone
DE Lawrence, DeMarcus
DE Mincey, Jeremy
DE Selvie, George
DE Spencer, Anthony
DT Coleman, Davon
DT Hayden, Nick
DT McClain, Terrell
DT Melton, Henry
DT Bishop, Ken
FB Clutts, Tyler
G Bernadeau, Mackenzy
G Leary, Ronald
G Martin, Zack
K Bailey, Dan
LB Carter, Bruce
LB Durant, Justin
LB Hitchens, Anthony
LB Lawrence, Cameron
LB McClain, Rolando
LB Wilber, Kyle
LS Ladouceur, L.P.
P Jones, Chris
QB Romo, Tony
QB Vaughan, Dustin
QB Weeden, Brandon
RB Dunbar, Lance
RB Murray, DeMarco
RB Randle, Joseph
S Church, Barry
S Dixon, Ahmad
S Heath, Jeff
S Johnson, Matt
S Wilcox, J.J.
T Free, Doug
T Parnell, Jermey
T Smith, Tyron
T Weems, Darrion
T Wetzel, John
TE Escobar, Gavin
TE Hanna, James
TE Witten, Jason
WR Beasley, Cole
WR Bryant, Dez
WR Harris, Dwayne
WR Street, Devin
WR Williams, Terrance

Suspended
CB Scandrick, Orlando
S Hamilton, Jakar

Final Cuts
CB Mitchell, Terrance
DE Boatright, Kenneth
DE Rayford, Caesar
DT Bush, Dartwan
DT Minter, Zach
G Goodin, Stephen
G Nwaneri, Uche
G Patrick, Ronald
LB Lemon, Orie
LB Sapp, Dontavis
LB Smith, Will
RB Adams, D.J.
RB Williams, Ryan
S Smith, Keith
S Smith, Ryan
T Aladenoye, Josh
TE Watson, Asa
WR Briscoe, Dezmon
WR Byrd, LaRon
WR Newsome, Jamar

Matt Johnson was cut last week

mmohican29

Reaction score
I have nothing on the Williams cut. Why rid yourself of a back that has the ability to step in, start, and be productive should Murray go down? Plus the fiscal responsibility aspect that re-signing Murray is probably not the best course of action for the team (despite the fact I would love to keep him around)- this is a player that would afford the team not to reach for RB in a draft...

And I'm hoping the team is searching for an immediate and substantial upgrade from Tyler Clutts who probably isn't as good as the kid we released that now plays for Baltimore and will probably be released by them (name escapes me).

And Vaughn is too huge of a project to invest a roster spot in at this point.

This reeks of Jason Garrett, and it also reeks of Jason Garrett's future with the Cowboys is set in stone and not subject to any on-field coaching gaffes which any 14 year old with a gamepad in hand would not make.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I believe in Jerry. ......3 superbowls is more then most owners or GMs have. Can't win every year

mjl.gif

Cumart21

Reaction score
I get a kick out of people who complain about the guys who were cut like they were going to be pro bowlers this year. I wish they would've kept Williams but its not like he's a no brainer. Can't stay healthy (hurt now) and is a one dimensional running back.

conner01

Reaction score
I get a kick out of people who complain about the guys who were cut like they were going to be pro bowlers this year. I wish they would've kept Williams but its not like he's a no brainer. Can't stay healthy (hurt now) and is a one dimensional running back.

i would have liked to have kept byrd and williams. but neither would be active for games and with so many hurt and suspended thats a huge consideration. who knows we may have a chance to get both back if we need them

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
Why don't you guys calm down and let the dust settle. We have no idea what the team has plans for some of the players and who they might pick up and cut.

mmohican29

Reaction score
That's just a dumb argument. There just aren't many Emmitt (franchise type) backs out there anymore. The guy had legit starting ability.

That's just a dumb argument. There just aren't many Emmitt (franchise type) backs out there anymore. The guy had legit starting ability.

Yes JJT, one of the top three RB's in history is not named recently-released Ryan Williams. :rolleyes:

Good grief.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I have nothing on the Williams cut. Why rid yourself of a back that has the ability to step in, start, and be productive should Murray go down? Plus the fiscal responsibility aspect that re-signing Murray is probably not the best course of action for the team (despite the fact I would love to keep him around)- this is a player that would afford the team not to reach for RB in a draft...

And I'm hoping the team is searching for an immediate and substantial upgrade from Tyler Clutts who probably isn't as good as the kid we released that now plays for Baltimore and will probably be released by them (name escapes me).

And Vaughn is too huge of a project to invest a roster spot in at this point.

This reeks of Jason Garrett, and it also reeks of Jason Garrett's future with the Cowboys is set in stone and not subject to any on-field coaching gaffes which any 14 year old with a gamepad in hand would not make.

He can't block he'd get Romo killed and blow up planned plays.