Twitter: Cowboys cutdown to 53 thread *Post #1 Updated* ***Merged***

Craig

Reaction score
Williams has never shown the ability to start. He cant stay on the field and when hes on the field he isnt good.

revospeed

Reaction score
How many Playoff wins have the Cowboys had since 96? The ranting by the fans is totally understandable in 2014.

Start complaining when the player you cover becomes something other than a camp body. Danny Ammendola is one of the only recent roster cuts downs that people have rued that became something. Cutting your 4th RB is not going to cost you the Super Bowl.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
It's not so much that Clutts made the team, it's that we're going with a FB over a guy with talent like Williams. I know people are divided about whether FB is still a position of need in this league, but regardless.... this team can't tell me that Clutts is more valuable than Williams.

Dude.... that's not the issue. They were keeping a FB no matter what. The issue is between between Randle and Williams and they didn't think there was that much difference too justify the loss on special teams. Williams was never going to see the field and is definately NOT better than Randle on special teams. Good grief!

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Dude.... that's not the issue. They were keeping a FB no matter what. The issue is between between Randle and Williams and they didn't think there was that much difference too justify the loss on special teams. Williams was never going to see the field and is definately NOT better than Randle on special teams. Good grief!

I disagree with Williams not getting to see the field knowing Murray's and Dunbar's history, but we'll agree to disagree there.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bluestang had a perfectly formatted Final 53, now it's merged to post #148. It really should be at the top of a thread, IMO.

It happens and I'm sure it wasn't personal. Somebody probably had an itchy trigger finger on the merges.

cej757

Reaction score
W
Start complaining when the player you cover becomes something other than a camp body. Danny Ammendola is one of the only recent roster cuts downs that people have rued that became something. Cutting your 4th RB is not going to cost you the Super Bowl.

Who talking Super Bowl? At this point I'll just settle for 10 wins and a playoff victory.

fifaguy

Reaction score
I get a kick out of people who complain about the guys who were cut like they were going to be pro bowlers this year. I wish they would've kept Williams but its not like he's a no brainer. Can't stay healthy (hurt now) and is a one dimensional running back.

I think its a combination of a few things. Yes, some pet players were cut (I enjoyed watching Williams and Byrd this preseason I admit). But it's also some of the players that were kept in their immediate place. i.e.; rolling with 3 qbs? - is Romo's health a concern?, Wetzel - getting blown up all game vs broncos, Clutts - the traditional fb position is all but dead, and a few others. As fans I think we are looking for consistency and reasoning as to why some of the moves were made. Granted, these will not be the final roster moves made. May be able to sneak one of those players onto the practice squad in the end.

Expect a decent amount of ruing to happen until we start playing some meaningful games and see where we really stand.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Nor is Joseph Randle going to be a difference in winning or losing either.

Alexander

Reaction score
Dunbar has never impressed me and is more injury prone than Murray..........

Same here.

Still trying to understand why he was treated like a fragile china doll in preseason. I get when you hold back a superstar in a preseason game that does not matter.

Why hold back a player that has perhaps one quality half of football in his professional life? What has he done to justify the superstar approach?

The thing I liked the most about Williams than anything else is that he really wanted a job and showed a lot of violence and hunger. Could have been a refreshing addition, but not to be the case I guess. He just did not fit it with the country club.

revospeed

Reaction score
Nor is Joseph Randle going to be a difference in winning or losing either.

But he did look good against first stringers, San Diego's first team in particular, while Williams look good against scrubs. Randle plays special teams and does it well, Williams doesn't. So I'd say that Randle provides more of a difference between winning and losing than Williams would.

revospeed

Reaction score
W

Who talking Super Bowl? At this point I'll just settle for 10 wins and a playoff victory.

You think that your 4th RB who wouldn't dress on game day would push you over the top.

I get it, you like Williams, he looked good against 3rd stringers but Randle has looked good too and he's a good special teamer. It's a no brainer. I'd be more pissed about Dunbar making the team over Williams.

Alexander

Reaction score
But he did look good against first stringers, San Diego's first team in particular, while Williams look good against scrubs. Randle plays special teams and does it well, Williams doesn't. So I'd say that Randle provides more of a difference between winning and losing than Williams would.

It was not a fair competition. If it was, we would have seen Williams in the same situations and opportunities that Randle had.

There was a pecking order that was obviously immune to change no matter what.

Williams did what it takes to make a football team except be a draft choice.

RS12

Reaction score
You think that your 4th RB who wouldn't dress on game day would push you over the top.

I get it, you like Williams, he looked good against 3rd stringers but Randle has looked good too and he's a good special teamer. It's a no brainer. I'd be more pissed about Dunbar making the team over Williams.

Compelling argument.

revospeed

Reaction score
It was not a fair competition. If it was, we would have seen Williams in the same situations and opportunities that Randle had.

There was a pecking order that was obviously immune to change no matter what.

Williams did what it takes to make a football team except be a draft choice.

To quote Jimmy Carter "Laihfe iz not fayer"

Facts are that it was close and Randle simply did more than Randle did. They went with Randle. It's not like they're out to get Williams. If they thought he could do more than Randle, they would have kept him.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ryan Williams HAD to be cut. Not for the team, but for National Security. Williams is the only man so awesome, so deadly, so fearsome that he could go to Iraq and go all Jack Bauer on ISIS. Don't think about yourself or your team - think of the United States of America.

Cut Ryan Williams or the Terrorists win.