Twitter: Cowboys cutdown to 53 thread *Post #1 Updated* ***Merged***

dstovall5

Reaction score
I think they picked their 53 by blindly throwing darts on a board, another one of Jerry's drunken times.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Or cutting Williams to keep Wetzel or Bishop? Both of these guys are garbage.

Your flat out wrong about Bishop. I'm not sure where your hate for him is coming from but he has played well. Has he made mistakes or been blown off the ball once in awhile when double teamed? Sure has, but he has made big improvements every game and has been disruptive from the get go. Not sure who you think we should have kept over him but no one that was cut was even likely to be active let alone a nearly every down player like Bishop.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
it's not even about whether they're starter material or not.. it's about sending a mixed message to your players that "hey, you can work your *** off in TC, perform well in preseason games, but it doesn't matter we're still going to cut you for a player that didn't do half of what you did in preseason."

Who? Who was cut that drastically outperformed their competition in front of them? Williams? I like him but he didn't drastically outperform Randle, no matter what you want to think. Randle ran just as well against starters as Williams did against the backups. Dunbar? Completely different skill set. Which receiver was going to get cut? They are not cutting a 5th rnd pick in his rookie year. NO ONE does that. Look around the league and tell me someone who has. This hand wringing is ridiculous... even by our beloved site administrator. I love this site and have mad respect for Reality but there isn't a single cut that isn't justified. Would I like to have more talent depth so we didn't have to keep some of the scrubs that are still here? Absolutely and hopefully there will be people on the waiver wire better than what we were forced to keep. For the record I am not happy that we kept Parnell, Weems, and to a lesser extent Wetzel. I am not happy we have Hayden, Heath, Lawrence or for that matter Claiborne but who did we cut that was better than those guys? Does our depth suck? Yes but they are better than who we cut.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
And Vaughn is too huge of a project to invest a roster spot in at this point.

This reeks of Jason Garrett, and it also reeks of Jason Garrett's future with the Cowboys is set in stone and not subject to any on-field coaching gaffes which any 14 year old with a gamepad in hand would not make.

What it reeks of is they see some talent they can develop and don't want him to get away in the off chance that there isn't a decent QB when we pick next year. There are bound to be 2 or 3 really good QB's next year but there is a very good chance they go 1-2 and it's not a guarantee that that's where we will pick... just hedging their bets is my guess.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Who? Who was cut that drastically outperformed their competition in front of them? Williams? I like him but he didn't drastically outperform Randle, no matter what you want to think. Randle ran just as well against starters as Williams did against the backups. Dunbar? Completely different skill set. Which receiver was going to get cut? They are not cutting a 5th rnd pick in his rookie year. NO ONE does that. Look around the league and tell me someone who has. This hand wringing is ridiculous... even by our beloved site administrator. I love this site and have mad respect for Reality but there isn't a single cut that isn't justified. Would I like to have more talent depth so we didn't have to keep some of the scrubs that are still here? Absolutely and hopefully there will be people on the waiver wire better than what we were forced to keep. For the record I am not happy that we kept Parnell, Weems, and to a lesser extent Wetzel. I am not happy we have Hayden, Heath, Lawrence or for that matter Claiborne but who did we cut that was better than those guys? Does our depth suck? Yes but they are better than who we cut.

I'm glad you asked.. Tyler Clutts did nothing in camp nor in preseason to warrant getting a roster spot over Byrd or Williams and that's really not even up for debate

Craig

Reaction score
I'm glad you asked.. Tyler Clutts did nothing in camp nor in preseason to warrant getting a roster spot over Byrd or Williams and that's really not even up for debate

You can argue the merits of a fb if you want, but i dont think williams or byrd would be very effective in that role. They certainly werent in the preseason.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

What sucks even more is that John Conner is available.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Love how we're getting our panties bunchedd about 3rd/4th string players who will not see any considerable playing time unless we have injuries of an apocalyptic nature.

I would expect a few of these guys to keep their bags packed for now. CZ will be a bit happier when guys like Minter end up on the PS.

starfrombirth

Reaction score

again... see my above post. They were keeping a FB no matter what. It's their offensive scheme. When is Williams or Byrd going to see the field if we kept them? Never, that's when! They would be inactive every game and they would be taking up a roster spot IN CASE Murray got hurt, which isn't guaranteed. Is it likely? Yes but not guaranteed so your holding two spots for how long for something that may or may not happen.

Zman5

Reaction score
Williams has never shown the ability to start. He cant stay on the field and when hes on the field he isnt good.

rfz0hP0.gif

tantrix1969

Reaction score
User Actions
Follow Tom PelisseroVerified account‏@TomPelissero
#Seahawks sent pamphlet to agents this year noting they're willing to cut draft picks. Fifth-round pick Jimmy Staten among those cut today.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Cutting Byrd and Williams makes sense. When would a fourth string running back and a sixth wide receiver actually play? Think about it. At least Clutts and Bishop will have a role.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Cutting Byrd and Williams makes sense. When would a fourth string running back and a sixth wide receiver actually play? Think about it. At least Clutts and Bishop will have a role.

When Dunbar is #2 and Randle is #3 I would think a great chance to play when Murray gets hurt.