Cowboys & Dak Prescott are expected to have deal done before free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The biggest mistake was not "paying Dak", but the restructures that have created the situation where he counts almost $60M against the cap currently. That was a stupid and shortsighted decision. A tragedy- brought to you by amateurs who misjudged.

And please don't try to tell me how much Dallas will "save" if they cut him. Don't confuse cap hit and cash flow.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Makes sense to a long time Cowboys fan like most of us but it doesn’t make sense to MM and the Joneses. In reality the Cowboys were the number 2 seed and tied for the second best record in the league. The Cowboys are clearly the best team in the NFC East now. The Joneses need to be all in. If the Broncos can cut Russ before his extension can kick in and Packers can have a huge cap hit because they traded Rodgers, the Cowboys will be ok with Dak’s extension.
Nobody says they won't be "ok" with Dak's extension.

The problem is they won't be "ok" with Dak.

He's a bonafide loser.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

seinfeld.gif

Mr_437

Reaction score
We know the Cowboys way. This isn't really news to most.

Swagger

Reaction score
Well, he can say whatever he wants (Probably one of Todd France's sold-out reporters) just can't see this guy getting a massive new deal cap or no cap.
If it does occur not planning on sticking around to debate as the Death of the Star will be confirmed!
R.I.P.
Guess I'll be drinking less of my Pappy Bourbon............... :muttley:
Same here. Just waiting for the front office to make the biggest mistake since...signing Dak Prescott to his last contract and I will cut ties with the team.

8 years is the limit of wasting my personal time and energy watching an individual break down when asked the question in the games that actually matter.

Just pay him his $55 million a year.

rags747

Reaction score
How possible is it to structure it so that we could unload after another year? Lance’s deal will be up soon,after this training camp we should know whether he has it or not. I’m more than willing to cut bait now and roll with the cheap option!

stuckindc

Reaction score
Here's what we don't know.........the extension could very well be short-term, like 2 years ( maybe $50M per). This would give us cap relief w/o locking in another 3-5 years. In other words, we end this after the 2025 season if are still not where we wanna be.
I’m hoping for that and a way for each to escape , should things go bad

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's actually what I expect.

There is only one way to make this team a super bowl contender. Create massive salary cap room and sign a highly disruptive DT and 3 starting quality LB's. Only way.
Unfortunately the 3T's will likely be tagged. Not counting Stewart, who is very good but not a game changer, the Cowboys only chance at a top tier DT would come if the Panthers decide to shop Derek Brown

NFCBeasts

Reaction score
Mahomes just asked to restructure his contract to make less a year so Chiefs retain talent …. I bet Dak will do the same thing , right?

fivetwos

Reaction score
The biggest mistake was not "paying Dak", but the restructures that have created the situation where he counts almost $60M against the cap currently. That was a stupid and shortsighted decision. A tragedy- brought to you by amateurs who misjudged.

And please don't try to tell me how much Dallas will "save" if they cut him. Don't confuse cap hit and cash flow.
Agreed, but what makes it even worse is they didn’t do that for the purpose of adding players that they desperately needed at the time to take a real shot at winning.

They get way too happy with these mid round draft picks that they think are going to turn into studs.

Yeah Steve, we know draft picks are cheaper and a better deal but most of them don’t pan out even if you’re great at it….and uh, you’re not.

Status
Not open for further replies.