Status
Not open for further replies.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sharing this:

Basically the truth.

“The cowboys can save 34m in cap if they cut Dak before mid March.

No one will trade for a guy who wants 60m a year and can't win a playoff game.

Trey Lance has one year (2024) left on his contract with no 5th year option

Dallas best course is to

1. ⁠Cut Dak, draft OL in the first, RB/WR in 2nd, and other skill positions.
2. ⁠Start trey for the last year of his contract. After the year you either have a serviceable 24 year old rookie with potential trade value or a high draft pick.
3. ⁠In the scenario trey is unsericeable, expend first round capital in the 2025 draft for a QB. The cowboys haven't spent a first on a QB since Aikman

This is the way forward”
You guys really sell yourselves hard on something that is never happening

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Post above you says won’t have deal? Now we have deal? lol. Do not overpay this guy. At least DO NOt give him no trade clause etc. get an out in 1-2 years.
I was about to say I know I saw that one too lol

shabazz

Reaction score
Sharing this:

Basically the truth.

“The cowboys can save 34m in cap if they cut Dak before mid March.

No one will trade for a guy who wants 60m a year and can't win a playoff game.

Trey Lance has one year (2024) left on his contract with no 5th year option

Dallas best course is to

1. ⁠Cut Dak, draft OL in the first, RB/WR in 2nd, and other skill positions.
2. ⁠Start trey for the last year of his contract. After the year you either have a serviceable 24 year old rookie with potential trade value or a high draft pick.
3. ⁠In the scenario trey is unsericeable, expend first round capital in the 2025 draft for a QB. The cowboys haven't spent a first on a QB since Aikman

This is the way forward”
It makes complete sense because we aren't like Detroit that has passed by us and is now a player or two away.

The players we do have aren't ready for prime time and adding a few won't change the soft lazy culture here.

Blow it up.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Status quo. As usual, Jerry left himself without an option.

We running it back and into the ground.
How can someone say the arrow is pointing up?

Guys like Tyron and Martin are declining faster than guys like Richards and Bass are developing.

Does third round Jalen Tolbert allow them to cut Gallup even by year three? Second round Sam is a walking penalty. Last years turd was even worse….fine, except that’s the only way they figure to improve.

Meh….I just want to puke right now. Think I will.

shabazz

Reaction score
My views haven't changed. If Dak and his agent start demanding top pay, cut his ***!!!
Brother AC, what choice does Jerry have if he's going "all in"

Like you and others have so rightly said, " whats our other option ?"

If one truly believes that we can seriously contend it dictates that we retain Dak.....but until we decide that's it rebuild time there is no option.

The only question is does the FO see Dak as the long term quarterback?

That's their decision to make and I'll be here rooting and honestly critiquing either way

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Brother AC, what choice does Jerry have if he's going "all in"

Like you and others have so rightly said, " whats our other option ?"

If one truly believes that we can seriously contend it dictates that we retain Dak.....but until we decide that's it rebuild time there is no option.

The only question is does the FO see Dak as the long term quarterback?

That's their decision to make and I'll be here rooting and honestly critiquing either way
Dak is good enough but needs help. The only way this team can afford to get help is for this team's highest paid players to take less financially. Will they do it? I seriously doubt it.

khiladi

Reaction score
dude, Jerry., just let this bum play out his last year…. We can wait one more year of horrible QB play.. and when he’s sucking it up, then it’s not going to mean anything when you bench him for Lance..

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak is good enough but needs help. The only way this team can afford to get help is for this team's highest paid players to take less financially. Will they do it? I seriously doubt it.
1st time contract guys, after their rookie deals like Ceedee and Parsons need to squeeze every penny they can for obvious reasons, but for guys on their 3rd and 4th contracts can/should allow the team to structure team friendly contracts.

It just depends on how important a Championship is to them, however, if an agent sees the situation is 100% in their favor because the owner has zero leverage and is a complete idiot, they usually put the meat to em.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
the stans want the best for Dak and will be happy
Just stop....there isn't a poster on this board pushing Dak's extension card except for cap relief. I'm pretty sure at least 90% fans/posters would rather move on but the cap makes it damn near impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.