CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

Proof

Reaction score
How many TOs has the defense generated this year in 5 games compared to last year in 5 games?

a more appropriate question is how many points have they given up? (also what was our record at this point last year?)

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush magic is still working but the day will come when the defense isn't perfect and you're going to need more than 102 pass yards and two total touchdowns to win a game.

I love what Rush has done and do not want to discredit him but if he had to play the entire season the Cowboys would have to expand his responsibilities. And we don't know what will happen once teams pile up more film of him and take away what he does best.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just speculation. We can never really compare them as each game has independent variables. I am saying Rush is an unknown (though I will believe it when I see it-like I would do with any QB). They aren’t even asking Rush to do very much-because they do not need it and probably do not trust him.
:hammer:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The important thing is not the passing yardage...it is the interceptions/fumbles/turnovers.....Hope Dak plays like Rush by being interception and fumble free. With this defense, the offense just has to play smart and score enough to win. As Jimmy Johnson used to preach, it's not the good plays you make...it's the bad plays you don't make.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.
It's funny you are translating drops to points.

102 yard passing isn't going to get you a championship....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Cowboys need better than Rush and Dak.

Neither guy is the answer at QB.

Eventually we're going to need the offense to step up and I don't trust either guy to do it when it matters.

At least with Rush you have the unknown. We know what we have with Dak.
We know what we have with rush, although you may not know ....but fair enough

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush magic is still working but the day will come when the defense isn't perfect and you're going to need more than 102 pass yards and two total touchdowns to win a game.

I love what Rush has done and do not want to discredit him but if he had to play the entire season the Cowboys would have to expand his responsibilities. And we don't know what will happen once teams pile up more film of him and take away what he does best.
Why are yall ignoring that we were killing them on the ground? We had 163 rushing yards and averaged 5.5 ypc

The drives that stalled on offense were mostly because of poor OL play

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush isn't as good as Dak. It's really that simple.

If Dak had played the last 2 weeks, those games wouldn't have been close.

I think we win and lose the same games with Dak and Rush.

Dak’s got an entire career I can point to that shows he isn’t a difference making player.

Is he better than Rush? Sure.. But he is bad value and doesn’t make us significantly better.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I suppose you can call the past 2 Super Bowl winners trash. And the 4-1 Giants who just had an impressive win vs Green Bay. Lol
Giants, Bengals and Rams were trash when we played them. Maybe they are better than they showed but in those games they sucked. And to be honest? Buccs weren’t very good either that game either.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I think we know what Rush is by now. He's a bus driver who doesn't make many mistakes, but he won't win you many shoot outs either. Sooner or later we will need the passing offense to be more dynamic to keep winning and Rush doesn't seem the guy for that.
He's 5-0. In 2 of those wins he had to drive the.team down the field for the winning score.

He's the right guy for this team right now. Period.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think we win and lose the same games with Dak and Rush.

Dak’s got an entire career I can point to that shows he isn’t a difference making player.

Is he better than Rush? Sure.. But he is bad value and doesn’t make us significantly better.
I have an entire career of games Dak won that we shouldn’t have won either. Even Rush is a difference maker. Because if Rush throws 3 picks today they lose today.

Shane612

Reaction score
Gallup made an incredible play, but that sideline pass to Gallup was perfect. Dak couldn't have thrown it any better.
Pollard needs to convince himself to block the man coming form the blind side.

Ken

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.
You would think that with all of the L's the fanbase took this past offseason...ya know....Collins, Gregory, our Wrs, Kicker etc.....

That an absolute layup.....Dak Prescott being a better qb than Cooper Rush...would be a gimmie.

Yet here we are. Ignorance is bliss I guess.