CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

ICP

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm not sold on Dak but I've seen him have much better games than Rush and if it came down to having your QB make a play, as much as it pains me to say it, I think Dak would be the one I would want taking the snap

Blitzen

Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush magic is still working but the day will come when the defense isn't perfect and you're going to need more than 102 pass yards and two total touchdowns to win a game.

I love what Rush has done and do not want to discredit him but if he had to play the entire season the Cowboys would have to expand his responsibilities. And we don't know what will happen once teams pile up more film of him and take away what he does best.

When those things happen, then you can let us know you told us so.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They need the good Dak to get this offense rolling and scoring points. Our lackluster passing game that’s not generating many points will end up being our undoing.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
They asked him to pass it 16 times. He would have completed 12 if not for 2 bad drops and they ended both drives. They have not asked much of him, so he is an unknown.

Exactly, if Rush had been asked to throw 25 times today and only had 100 yards passing it's a different story. When they needed him to complete passes and wins some games he has proven he can do it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Hmmmm, I'm not sold on Dak but I've seen him have much better games than Rush and if it came down to having your QB make a play, as much as it pains me to say it, I think Dak would be the one I would want taking the snap
Why does it pain you to say? What am I missing?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak was great early in the year. Then he fell off after New England..

In some of the Cowboys most desperate times he was a no show.
You said he padded his stats against trash. I’m asking what trash teams did he benefit from garbage stats?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
This is simply not true
I one hundred percent agree. A guy who was rusty as crap in the first game of the year will not be able to come in now with a surgically repaired thumb and be amazing. The grip is different, he hasn't played with the wide receivers and he will still be rusty after not playing for 4 games. I like Rush's pre-snap reads and adjustments and his choices in where to go with the ball.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The Cowboys need better than Rush and Dak.

Neither guy is the answer at QB.

Eventually we're going to need the offense to step up and I don't trust either guy to do it when it matters.

At least with Rush you have the unknown. We know what we have with Dak.

Yea the QB with number one scoring & yards per game offense isn’t good. Dude just say you’re a Dak hater and be proud of it.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dallas' offense scored 16 points today, 3 of which were on a field goal set up by a blocked punt where they did nothing.

That's really not OK.

Rush has done fine for a back up but he isn't lighting the world on fire. The good news here is that Dak doesn't have to in order to win when he comes back. HOPEFULLY him nor Kellen decide that he is Rodgers.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think Rush has earned a start against Philly, especially if Dak's thumb isn't 100 percent.
In fact, I don't want him in until his thumb is sufficiently and totally healed.
As for who should start after that, I'm for staying with the hot hand. But if Rush falters, then reinsert Dak.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

Well said.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dallas' offense scored 16 points today, 3 of which were on a field goal set up by a blocked punt where they did nothing.

That's really not OK.

Rush has done fine for a back up but he isn't lighting the world on fire. The good news here is that Dak doesn't have to in order to win when he comes back. HOPEFULLY him nor Kellen decide that he is Rodgers.

It was a pretty good defense we played today, don't forget that..important thing is our QB put more points on the board then their QB and that's not including the D's score or the FG that was a direct result of the blocked punt